Lacoste

Originally posted by kit+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sanchia@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:11 pm
here in england, i live in Liverpool. Liverpool has an overload of lacoste. whom you call preppy's we here call "trendies" or "scall's". The trendies or scalls here wear these tracksuits by lacoste that are really just mingin. made of nylon and nearly all of the boys here wear them. A few girls followed but with the girls its died down abit. Its mainly boys that wear them now. I hate them. The jacket and trouser set are always about £100 and come in the most vile shades of red, yellow, green, electric blue.. u name it. As far as i know this fashion isnt popular anywhere else in the UK. It just seems to be that the boys here wont move on from 80's shell suits. I do like most lacoste garments but just not these tracksuits. Ive had enough and the boys here are wearing the same clothes as their friends because they are only made in about 5 different colours and patterns. I will try and find some pictures to post for you peeps. Im not taking any in town... i'l get decked. lol :smile:
HI SANCHIA :flower:

Don't you think Lacoste tracksuits are JUST the thing to wear to THE TRAFFORD CENTRE !!! :yuk:

ALL the ' townies ' , ' scallys ' , and ' pikys ' , tend to affect them . It's a shame , because the better designed items are good , courtesy of Monsieur Lemaire !

From a fellow northwesterner !!! :wink:

KIT :innocent: [/b][/quote]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, im laughing to hard :lol:
one of my friends lives in manchester and he told me that when i told him to buy some LACOSTE polos....
he said exactly what you said KIT :lol: . trafford centre is full of the 'scallys' :ninja: .

i agree that only the POLOS look good. the tracksuits are bad news :flower:

Eeee I just bought my first Lacoste polo today. :heart: :heart: I've been searching high and low for the perfect one for two years...it's tough to find women's lacoste in the Boston area. And whenever I did they were in unflattering colors or the wrong size, you know how it works. But I found a perfect hot pink one. I love the cut. Best polo shirts, definately worth the $70.

Hmmm, I was just about to say that i'm having trouble shelling out the 85 dollars they're asking for here for a polo shirt.
I paid 55 for a Fred Perry just because once upon a time it was impossible to find them in NY. But now that slim fit polos are all over the place...I can't seem to justify the Lacoste splurge.

I used to get lacoste polos real cheap at thrift stores but I think the selection these days are picked over because they get snatched up by shoppers for vintage boutiques. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Atelier@Jan 18th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
Speaking of the black one, here's Miss Alyssa Sutherland sporting the look. I don't know who the other girl is but it's even cuter on her.
I have the black one right now, and it looks as good as it look on Alyssa :wink:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 18th, 2004 - 5:53 am

tip: if you are small built, go for the children sizing. much better than the womans polo shape :wink:
I agree with Leyla, I had to buy mine from the women's dept. :wink:

Where I live the thug wears Lacoste, but again, is how you carry it Prince :wink:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 26th, 2004 - 12:42 pm
Where I live only ragey charvas wear Lacoste.
Ragey charvas? What's a ragey charvas? New Englanders just have basic names such as *shudders* preps, punks, ghetto, nerds, etc.

Hmm where I live only well nobody wears Lacoste. I think I've seen some old men wearing Lacoste pants but other than that its pretty much nonexistant. The kids in my school tend to be a little behind fashion wise. They're just now catching onto Louis Vuitton and Burberry. There are a few rich girls who seem to be pretty current but I haven't seen them in Lacoste yet. I really like them, as I said above. To me they have kind of an aura about them that other polos lack :heart: :lol:

Originally posted by leyla m.+Jan 25th, 2004 - 6:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 6:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kit@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 10:24 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-sanchia
@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:11 pm
here in england, i live in Liverpool. Liverpool has an overload of lacoste. whom you call preppy's we here call "trendies" or "scall's". The trendies or scalls here wear these tracksuits by lacoste that are really just mingin. made of nylon and nearly all of the boys here wear them. A few girls followed but with the girls its died down abit. Its mainly boys that wear them now. I hate them. The jacket and trouser set are always about £100 and come in the most vile shades of red, yellow, green, electric blue.. u name it. As far as i know this fashion isnt popular anywhere else in the UK. It just seems to be that the boys here wont move on from 80's shell suits. I do like most lacoste garments but just not these tracksuits. Ive had enough and the boys here are wearing the same clothes as their friends because they are only made in about 5 different colours and patterns. I will try and find some pictures to post for you peeps. Im not taking any in town... i'l get decked. lol :smile:

HI SANCHIA :flower:

Don't you think Lacoste tracksuits are JUST the thing to wear to THE TRAFFORD CENTRE !!! :yuk:

ALL the ' townies ' , ' scallys ' , and ' pikys ' , tend to affect them . It's a shame , because the better designed items are good , courtesy of Monsieur Lemaire !

From a fellow northwesterner !!! :wink:

KIT :innocent:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, im laughing to hard :lol:
one of my friends lives in manchester and he told me that when i told him to buy some LACOSTE polos....
he said exactly what you said KIT :lol: . trafford centre is full of the 'scallys' :ninja: .

i agree that only the POLOS look good. the tracksuits are bad news :flower:[/b][/quote]
HI LEYLA :heart:

You MUST pronounce it ' The Trafford Centoh ' .

The use of the ' glottle stop ' , is ' de rigueur ' for the townies , scallies etc .

Your friend lives in Manchistoh ?

Well THERE'S a thing !!! :lol:

KIT :innocent:

LEYLA , :heart: , SORRY , :blush:

My post should read , ' glottal stop ' !

I'm SO pedantic , but I like to get SOME things right ! :unsure:

KIT :rolleyes:

i :heart: Lacoste. especially the polo's and those cute tennisdresses :D:d
i own like 50 of them :P :wink:

Originally posted by valerie@Jan 27th, 2004 - 3:43 pm
i :heart: Lacoste. especially the polo's and those cute tennisdresses :D:d
i own like 50 of them :P :wink:
Of the tennis dresses? :shock: How, what, where, when, why, oh my! I want one really bad but haven't had any luck finding one. Buttttt I found out they are opening a Lacoste boutique in Boston in March! I'm wicked jealous :innocent:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 19th, 2004 - 5:33 am
yes its already been out here for about 6 months. its really retro but since it only comes in mens sizes i wont be able to wear them :(
really? There is a store here by New Orleans that sells women's Lacoste polos. I don't know what I would do without my polos.... even though we have a white one for school

Originally posted by Alejandro+Jan 26th, 2004 - 12:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Jan 26th, 2004 - 12:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Jan 18th, 2004 - 5:53 am

tip: if you are small built, go for the children sizing. much better than the womans polo shape :wink:
I agree with Leyla, I had to buy mine from the women's dept. :wink:[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ALL my Lacoste Polos are 16 (Youth size)

Originally posted by blumarine+Jan 29th, 2004 - 5:37 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blumarine @ Jan 29th, 2004 - 5:37 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Alejandro@Jan 26th, 2004 - 12:33 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.
@Jan 18th, 2004 - 5:53 am

I agree with Leyla, I had to buy mine from the women's dept. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ALL my Lacoste Polos are 16 (Youth size) [/b][/quote]
hahaha mine are size 12 :ninja: :innocent:

okay... i'm mad now :( i've never really taken the time to see what my polos look like from the side, i mean, they look great from the front... so.... What do I do if it hangs off my chest.. I'm big in the chest but not anywhere else.. so... I'm thinking either I should just buy sleeveless or get them tailored in~ any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->