Lady Gaga on MTV Boiling Points (3 years ago)

You do? You experienced it first hand?

You've seen every single artist do it, for you to generalize?

do you guys understand what you are doing??? the Illuminati are going to come and desrtroy all of you:lol::lol::lol::woot:

^ ^ you take the likes of Barbra Streisand with incredible voice you make her move like these young singers guaranteed she's sound awful if not out of tune.
same with Pavarotti, Sinatra...
Elvis was off key when he was singing live moving.
he sounded AWESOME when he did his movie musicals though.

i'm not talking about an Ashlee Simpson kind of lipsyncing ...
it has to do with alot of technical/music engineers behind the scene that is costly.

Have you actually seen Christina and Beyonce work the stage and still remain on point vocal-wise?

Do you even know that these performers undergo cardio exercises to improve breathing and stamina for physically-demanding routines? For them to be able to dance and sing at the same time.

You still haven't answered my previous questions. So what goes on backstage that I am supposed to be surprised about?

Also, Streisand, Pavarotti and Sinatra are not dancers in the first place so you don't expect them to perform a routine whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ you make these big production singers like Beyonce to eliminate all the engineers and only have amateurs .. like 3 of them to do the technicals she will sound AWFUL at a concert even if she went through rigorous voice training and breathing.

I've heard and SEEN Beyonce (amongst others) sing live and shaking and moving and rattling and rolling and sounded AWFUL

ETA:
and these aren't in concert (indoors) arenas either.

I think that there are just singers who are able to do both effectively (sing and dance). While others are just supposed to stick to either.

Christina may not be 100% on point always but I have definitely seen most of her performances to have great vocals and movement. Even some Filipino artists here sing and dance live and do both very well, the same with some Korean Idol Groups.

Maybe you are talking about the vocoder (correct me if I'm wrong). From what I know they use it during recording to correct vocal flaws. Maybe it's the same thing as the Auto-tune. If that's the case I don't know if they also use it during live performances.

My point is, Lady Gaga sounds really good singing ballads when she's seated and playing the piano but not very much when doing her uptempo songs and moving around the stage. She sounded horrible on that Korean show where I've seen her perform. Who knows maybe she was just having a bad day.

i really dont know the name of it but it's high tech machinery that only engineers would know how to use it. a very complex thing. without its usage our fav singers would sound disappointing singing at shows big or small while moving, shaking and rattlin n' rollin as well as tumbling.

but back to Lady G she's got the voice can't say the same for some ... like Beyonce as much as i like her.

That conspiracy theory stuff is hilarious. I can't wait until one of my friends come online so I can show him this stuff - he lives for that kind of thing. I just love how the explanation of the illuminati gives "the UN" as an example. :D Yeah, Ban Ki-moon is the mastermind behind the tights-as-pants trend.

On a side note: I had no idea that there was a Swedish sequence in the beginning of Paparazzi. SO funny. Nice job, Jonas Åkerlund.

one thing about Lady GaGa she can sing.
awesome voice- talented.

her "persona" is just for show but her voice is all real.

Gaga can sing ? yes ... is talented ? No.

This isn't a conspiracy, read the full article and watch the videos before making a comment.

^ of course she's talented.
singing is talent.

but if you're referring to style...
i'd rather not say. lol

It's not like that. Let's say, I can't sing at all, I take singing classes and over a time I can sing, that means I have a talent to sing? No.
Talent to sing comes naturally, it's something you born with, you are good at, of course you will eventually improve yourself even more. The big artists that we know like Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Stevie Wonder, Nat King Cole etc are all naturally very talented.

So you can't assume that everybody that can sing has got talent.

the woman can sing and hold a tune naturally.
singing is talent just like dancing, painting, drawing....
whether you were born with it or hone it to improve it's still talent.
you hear her sing live you'd know.
at least she sings her words not shout it.
besides, i'm basing her voice before she was Lady G.
I'm from NYC and have been going to small clubs like the Bottomline, CBGB, The (old) Ritz, to hear unknowns since i was a teenager (even if i was underage. lol) where Lady G aka Stephanie have sung and been at.

singing is talent just like dancing, painting, drawing....

It's not. Already explained. There's thousands of other girls that can sing like Gaga. Her music sucks and her voice is nothing of special to me, she can sing but she's not talented. You can take singing classes and you get to sing as good as her.

whether you were born with it or hone it to improve it's still talent.

No. A person that's naturally talented to it, has got a very good voice without having any singing classes whatsoever, has born with it. What I'm trying to say, is that her voice is absolutely vulgar, she doesn't stand out, she took singing classes and worked to get the voice she's got. She's not something of extraordinary. That's why I'm saying that she's has got no talent, do you get ?

Gaga alongside a female artistic like Billie Holiday is Zero, is nothing. And it's sad to see how many people supports her, it just shows how many people doesn't understand absolutely nothing of music. If you go to a Conservatory of Music and you ask to the students there, what they think about Gaga, you'd see.

c'mon , you put Madonna, Christina A, Barbra Streisand along side Billy Holliday of course Holliday wins hands down.

I really don't get the hate for this woman. lol
she's got a voice AND is talented you people crucify her like she's the only performer who dons an alter ego.

students in conservatory of music or Julliard would say Beyonce can't sing either. lol

ETA
you strip her wackiness in clothing and performance on stage her voice will standout even more.
looks like her choice of clothing and stage performance is what people see more and dislikes her for it.
for shame.

and i'm a fan of her music..
am i a fan of her wacky clothes and stage presence... eh, not really.

c'mon , you put Madonna, Christina A, Barbra Streisand along side Billy Holliday of course Holliday wins hands down.

I really don't get the hate for this woman. lol
she's got a voice AND is talented you people crucify her like she's the only performer who dons an alter ego.

students in conservatory of music or Julliard would say Beyonce can't sing either. lol

Yes, Holliday is one of the greatest but Madonna is still very good none less, if at least Gaga was as half good as Madonna, she worths nothing.

You don't get the hate ? I already gave some reasons and I'm sure a lot of other people gave too. But you see, Gaga is very successful now, so that means there's a lot of people that like her, some because they understand nothing of music, others because they were manipulated by all that crap she puts on her videos etc, whether you agree with it or not by what says in that article, so really the haters are a minority in all this.

I wouldn't say the students at the conservatory would say Beyonce can't sing, because she can and she's quite talented. But they absolutely understand music and they can evaluate what's good and what's not.

:shock:..
are you kidding me? Beyonce can sing? I heard her sing live and even at rehearsals.... I give Lady G more credit than she is getting from haters, that's for sure.

I love Beyonce (and even have some of her songs) but i think her beauty, sexiness, dance moves overshadows her singing and thus, why she's so popular and deemed a great performer. However, she is a better singer than Michelle Williams her Destiny Child bandmate! THAT'S FOR SURE!
:lol:

Madonna was the first singer to go to the extreme as well as original - pop culture, i will give her that.

The matter here is not whether she can sing or not, it's if she's good at singing. I've heard lots of live shows from Beyonce and she's quite talented. What's the surprise ?
Did you she loose her voice now ? It's been a while since I don't listen to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->