Lanvin Pre-Fall 2011

hautechild

Reaction score
Alber Elbaz put glamorous sportswear — with an accent on rich textures — in the spotlight for pre-fall at Lanvin. Embroidered tweeds, patchwork furs, inside-out lamé and Lanvin-logo scarf prints enlivened Elbaz’s covered-up Parisian silhouettes, often bringing “Belle de Jour” to mind. Looks range from sweeping long silk or velvet dresses and skirts to sporty duffle coats closed with leather belts.

003h77wk
003h889g

003h92ws
003hae86
003hbth5

wwd.com

:shock: I'm too distracted by that huge and scary dog / wolf to even focus on the clothes. Who does this for a pre-fall collection? So pointless. I hope style.com will have the collection up with a simple background later.

Finally it's here! :clap:

I adore it, as always. Alber can't do any wrong for me, it's all so beautiful and feminine with a raw, wild touch, and I love the dogs. It makes me so excited for the whole collection!

:heart:

^same here. i'm already lovin it..waiting for the full collection ^_^

I love it!! It kinda stays away from the evening-black Lanvin aesthetic (which is still lovely) and more something a bit more bolder!

Lanvin is definitely yhe lovliest maison in Paris!

The only thing I like are those tan leather gloves.

OH NO HE DIDN'T CALL IN THE WOLVES!!!!! just when i thought fashion had began to tire with its ferocious bent, alber goes and brings in the WILD. i cannot wait to see more!!!

:shock: I'm too distracted by that huge and scary dog / wolf to even focus on the clothes. Who does this for a pre-fall collection? So pointless. I hope style.com will have the collection up with a simple background later.

don't be so boring, at least lanvin is trying to have fun with the concept of pre-collections

don't be so boring, at least lanvin is trying to have fun with the concept of pre-collections
I guess it's just because I'm scared of dogs and am generally not a fan of taxidermy :lol: I usually don't mind if designers try to spice things up for pre-collections. Just doesn't work for me here.

Anyways, can't wait to see the full collection even if nothing really impresses me here yet.

BO-RING :huh:
Just wondering what are thinking the guys who always complain about Dolce & Gabbana collections' lack of creativity -_-
Those boots on Valerija...MEH!

Hmm,don't know what to think about this...I love the first outfit but those boots on Valerija are just awful. :unsure:

except for the second shot, i really like it. it's not the same Lanvin we came to expect after the past few seasons...

is it me, or Alber kind of knew these weren't exciting enough to be shown without the animals? i mean... a lanvin cocktail dress is usually good on its own. sometimes even the models are 'dispensable' :innocent:

nothing here excites me the way his pre-collections usually do (last pre-fall anyone?)

the second look is kinda everything to me!!! and yes I thought the wolves were cute. the last look though... the last looks a little Lanvin for H&M

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lores
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->