Lanvin Resort 2008

Hmm quite the let down...I thought last resort was just so amazing and this is kinda disappearing in the mass....shame.

Are the pics from style.com - resort? because they so look like the wedding presentation stuff - weird, there's ususally a lot more looks in the resort collection.

Its the resort with bridal at the end. I forgot to post the review from style.com when i posted the collection

NEW YORK, July 10, 2007 – Alber Elbaz jetted to New York to lead intimate presentations of Lanvin's cruise offerings. In the lineup were plenty of his precious evening numbers, in either black tulle accented with ribbons or white silk embellished with pearls and other oversize beads. For day, he showed a thick-gauge knit skirt suit that was literally gold-dipped, and a creamy coat with jewels for buttons. But predictable this minishow was not. Elbaz used the face time with editors and buyers to introduce new offerings. These included 22 Faubourg, an item-y collection of T-shirts, scarves, and even luggage decorated with his drawings, as well as a range of cashmere and silk loungewear and sleepwear for the Lanvin fan who has everything. Last but not least, he showed off a group of nontraditional wedding dresses. There wasn’t a poufy gown to be seen. Instead, Elbaz reinterpreted some of his hits—bubbles, tiers of tulle, skimmy sheaths—in bridal white and ivory.

– Nicole Phelps

Love it but even I as a Lavin devotee I don't know if it's modern enough and doesn't seem very resort easy to me.

I think it's all fantastic. Hopefully it's an indication of the spring collection.

ohhh an amazing collection i really love it...especially white dresses!

It looks like what Elbaz was doing at the beginning for Lanvin.

if i see any more bubble dresses... :angry:

overall, i really want to like this but i find the clothes to be very unflattering for the most part. the first black dress is pretty hott.

sorry its microscopic! click to enlarge.

from frillr.com

these dresses shown on frill are gorgeus, I love Elbaz more and more with every collection! :wub:

thanks for posting those bridal pics, scot! I think that the dresses are beautiful!

The heels are too heavy for my tastes (odd, considering I have always enjoyed Lanvin's footwear) and I'm having mixed feelings on the clothing. Part of me thinks the pieces are a genius balance of architecture and fashion, while the other believes it's too over the top and decorated.

Either way, it's certainly not something I'd wear. Much like the shoes, the clothing is too heavy for everyday use. The gowns look too close to wedding attire than resort wear.

It is wedding attire ...

^ Resort + new bridal tacked on ... it is both. I s'pose that would be good for the title to reflect ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->