Last.fm

So far I’ve tried the custom radio feature which is nice, but is it possible to choose the music you want to stream as opposed to random selections? (put together a playlist?)

I can’t seem to find a help section covering this :unsure: anyhow, I’m sure I’m overlooking something....Thx for starting this :flower:

the audio scrobbler thing doesn't work for me, that is it doesn't seem to recognize my music? i downloaded it, ran it and played music via i tunes but nothing happened....

also, how do you make your favourite artists list?

i feel like a grandma:ninja:

it didn't work for me at first either anna...and right now it says the network isn't available. sometimes you have to make sure that there is some setting that's going to allow it...i know that sounds vague, but for me - i had something in preferences clicked "no" instead of "yes" and when i fixed that it started working. if you can pinpoint the exact problem, i or my *computer genius!! :lol: boyfriend can probably figure it out..he had to fix mine, because i'm such a dork when it comes to this stuff :rolleyes:

nr9: are you talking about specific things you want to play in your itunes that will show up on last.fm? you can probably just make sure your itunes only plays certain things. or are you talking about the radio feature only playing certain things? i have yet to figure that out myself...when i do (or if someone else knows...) i'll try to explain it here.

together, we can figure it out ! :lol:

* haha thanks anna for pointing out my most silly mistake! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks .f :kiss:, i'm too confused right now to explain things in english...
maybe i'll wait till my genius computer, er, boyfriend yomes home:lol:

do you think this is catching viruses easily by the way?

.francesca said:
or are you talking about the radio feature only playing certain things? i have yet to figure that out myself...when i do (or if someone else knows...) i'll try to explain it here.

together, we can figure it out ! :lol:

yeah, for example under ->similar artists -- it would be nice to be able to select these & add them to your radio playlist?

Also, when you add 'friends' to your profile what does this do exactly- does this influence your music recs? So many questions...:lol: I do really like the radio feature so far though :flower:

I have been on audioscrobbler since may but never quite figured out how everything works, plus there's also lots of new features since the change.

I'll try to answer the things I know :lol:

Avatar: I think you have to pass me a password in that case :unsure: Have you tried using the url I uploaded it to.. whatever, I don't know how you call it :lol:
Updating charts: Depends on the amount of tracks you've listened to. Say it's 200, then the charts will update after you played another 50 songs. But if it's over 1000 it's something like 200. I hope that sounds somewhat coherent.
I always read these things about the server having problems and clusters, so don't be surprised when you're stats haven't been updated for 2 weeks. The only way to check if your player works is Recent Tracks which you see at the top of your userpage.
Weekly charts: Are updated every sunday afternoon. But they actually show up on monday.
Radio: I know you can give songs tags. If you like Neo-Psychedelia (click) it's possible to only listen to the songs people tagged with that label.
Viruses: I don't think you run any risk, not more than usual.
Friends: I suppose that's merely for reputation :P

o ! .f i really don't have a clue how it works . .
even how to turn it off . . :lol: !
this radio thing sounds interesting ! :woot:

* strawb i too was influenced by ms.perle :judge:

I already tried to adapt to this a while ago... because of perlefine's bad influence, but have decided it's far too complicated for someone with simple pleasures, like myself. :P

This seems really cool! I joined, but am still trying to figure it all out..

i_<3_chanel said:
o ! .f i really don't have a clue how it works . .
even how to turn it off . . :lol: !
this radio thing sounds interesting ! :woot:

* strawb i too was influenced by ms.perle :judge:

If its not recording your music, go to your windows media player, at the top click tools > plug ins > and select Audioscrobbler wm plug in.

If you want to turn it off, do the same and just unselect it

ybf i have a mac . . .
& the note just appears on the top toolbar !
usually i can just click on it + quit
but this time it won't let me ! :angry:
i hate technology
:ninja:

i_<3_chanel said:
ybf i have a mac . . .
& the note just appears on the top toolbar !
usually i can just click on it + quit
but this time it won't let me ! :angry:
i hate technology
:ninja:

tech. is from the devil :evil:

is last.fm down right now? it's not working for me :ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj