Legendary Designer Yves Saint Laurent Dies at 71

what is sad and suprising is that hedi slimane and giorgio armani did NOT show up...
because they WERE invited...

:ermm:....

well if Karl & Tom didn't attend, they could have said somthing nice about Yves & how that was sad & they are sorry ... at least... just as Namoi, Paul Smith, .. & the others did??!!!
Yves & Karl were friends one day, & YSL name gave Tom the prestige...

& about Anna Wintour she was the only one -& her team- who remaind seated during YSL couture shows , while every one else was giving Yves his standing ovation , I saw pictures & videos ... she never showed respect to him when he was alive... so what is the use of showing it now.. I hate her.

Last edited by a moderator:
capt.d7de4f112dc84a5ca5df628c2dc6efec.france_yves_saint_laurent_funeral_thc109.jpg

yahoo

here is Yves Saint Laurent's mother Lucienne Mathieu-Saint Laurent, I am not sure if the ladies in the back are his sisters Brigitte and Michele?

Just passing this on... :huh: From the Mirror.UK
By Peter Allen In Paris 6/06/2008
Also paying respects were major designers Vivienne Westwood, Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano and Valentino. Even rival Karl Lagerfeld, who was thought to be "away on business", turned up.

hmmm...thanks, Boomer. I've seen it mentioned in a few places that Karl "turned up," but most official publications say he was notably absent. :huh:

but why Hedi didn't came??? Yves trusted him & gave him his men line when he came from no where & even at Dior , Yves & his circle came to his show & supported him???

has anyone saw Paloma Picasso in the funeral?

Am actually surprise that Tom actually got invited. But then again I don't really understand why he need to start being nice just because someone is dead. Afterall Yves did snub him during his debut didn't he? This is in no way taking side but I think it is a fair point.

Can't wait to read all the coverage of the funeral.

:heart:

well if Karl & Tom didn't attend, they could have said somthing nice about Yves & how that was sad & they are sorry ... at least... just as Namoi, Paul Smith, .. & the others did??!!!
Yves & Karl were friends one day, & YSL name gave Tom the prestige...

& about Anna Wintour she was the only one -& her team- who remaind seated during YSL couture shows , while every one else was giving Yves his standing ovation , I saw pictures & videos ... she never showed respect to him when he was alive... so what is the use of showing it now.. I hate her.

What have Anna got against Yves I wonder.

:heart:

Oh God, I was so upset at KARL's flower arrangement, how horribly ostentatious and distasteful.It looked as if he was saying 'look WHO bought him a huge flower arrangement'.I'm glad he didn't turn up, he had no reason to be there.Actually, it made him look like the self centered person he probably is, I mean, who's got something to do on Yves Saint Laurent's funeral ? I'm really sad for Yves Saint Laurent's mother.

Paris Match (french weekly publication) has published an issue with a 42p. Hommage to Saint-Laurent this is full of pictures and some texts. I still hadn't read it.....

Paris Match, June 5th 2008 - cover

scanned by berlinrocks

Some iconic pictures and moving eulogies by close friends, sadly marred by the sensationalist approach of that ******** rag. Still worth getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->