Legendary Designer Yves Saint Laurent Dies at 71

Paris Match (french weekly publication) has published an issue with a 42p. Hommage to Saint-Laurent this is full of pictures and some texts. I still hadn't read it.....

Paris Match, June 5th 2008 - cover

scanned by berlinrocks
:shock::cry:What a gorgeous cover:heart:,thanks for sharing!

Stefano Pilati
2554387236_67d2888249_o.jpg

source | independent uk

:heart:-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching his funeral on EuroNews. It's a bit sad that some people were there just to see the stars.

shame on Karl Lagerfeld & Tom Ford for not showing up,..not even a word.

From NY MAG:

Clockwise, from top left, President Sarkozy and Carla Bruni front row at the service, Catherine Deneuve, John Galliano, the crowd outside the church, the Marrakesh garden where Saint Laurent's ashes will rest, Valentino, Pierre Bergé with Carla Bruni, Claudia Schiffer. Center, Pierre Bergé.

Over 1,000 people gathered in Paris today to bid adieu to Yves Saint Laurent at his funeral at the Eglise Saint-Roche. Front-row guests included French President Nicolas Sarkozy, First Lady Carla Bruni, Saint Laurent's mother, Paris mayor Bertrand Delanoe, and Madame Chirac. Also seated in the front row was Saint Laurent's longtime business partner and lover, Pierre Bergé, who gave a tearful speech:
"It’s the last time I speak to you, Yves. "I remember the first time we met and those that followed. The day we decided to be together.
"…I remember your first collection under your name and the tears at the end. Then the years passed. Oh, how they passed quickly. The divorce was inevitable but the love never stopped."
"…Chanel and you were the great couturiers of the twentieth century. She of the first half, you the second.
"…I don’t know how to say good-bye because I can never leave you. We will never watch a sunset together again. We will never share the emotions together before a painting again. Someday I will join you under the palm trees of Morocco.
The 90-minute Mass was broadcast on giant screens outside the church, where throngs filled the streets around the Louvre. When Saint Laurent's casket was carried in, thunderous applause erupted but the crowd was silent during the service.
Other notable designers in attendance included Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Valentino, Hubert de Givenchy, Sonia Rykiel, Kenzo Takada, and Alber Elbaz. Many women in attendance wore trouser suits in homage to Saint Laurent's revolutionary design.
Saint Laurent will be cremated before close friends and family, and his ashes sent to a garden in Marrakesh at a house he bought with Bergé.

Capt. charly: Thank you so much for the photos and video.:flower:

I saw it in tv.. his mother Luicinne & sisters were there standing next too Berge... but coludn''t notice Loulou de la Falaise , Lucie de la Falaise was there.
what were the leaves on his coffen?
R.I.P Yves :( I'll miss you alot , your kindness , your shy smile ,your bow & the standing ovations.

I saw it in tv.. his mother Luicinne & sisters were there standing next too Berge... but coludn''t notice Loulou de la Falaise , Lucie de la Falaise was there
R.I.P Yves :(

Lou Lou was there w/her husband Thadee Klossowski and their daughter Anna.

But so many people came out to pay tribute to him.

:heart:

credit:magnum photos girlandthecity.wordpress.com,multimedia.fnac.com

Attachments

• yves saint laurent with models.jpg
    yves saint laurent with models.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
that was reliefing MissMagAddict to see his muses & friends together Catherine, Betty & Loulou.
Karl people said that he is away in a bussiness trip??

well, I was in Paris last month & visited his foundation which was his couture house at 5 av. Marcueau, you can feel & smell the great history & culture of this legendery man from the street , the entrance & all over the place...
YSL is not only a fashion brand to me, it is a culture, philosophy & way of living.. it is a sublime perfection.
& beside his creativity i'd love to mention his humanity, he was so down to earth, shy & nice with everyone ..his friends, employees ,..even the mail boy.

Yves Saint Laurent has a great influnce on my life & personality.. YSL is part of me , love u forever Yves .

I think they should have attended too.

I was upset about Karl too...But then, when I thought about it, maybe he's right...They were far from friendly for many years, and his presence might have appeared hypocritical and disruptive...So maybe he was right to stay away... :(
I don't know enough about Tom Ford's situation, but it seems puzzling he wouldn't be there...
How about Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington and ALT? Are they there?:huh:

I saw 2 pics of ALT on Getty so he was there.
Didn't see Anna or Grace so don't know if they attended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->