Lela Rose for Payless

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
from fashionweekdaily

Lela Rose’s sweet and feminine designs, like printed bubble, strapless brocade, and burlap tank dresses, may fetch up to $2,100, but come February, her feet will have gone mass, thanks to a design collaboration with Payless ShoeSource announced today. As part of the deal, Rose will create Lela Rose for Payless, a line of original footwear and accessory designs that will be unveiled at her Fall 2007 runway show next February in at Bryant Park in New York.“Lela is a tremendous talent and has a truly unique view of American fashion,” said Matt Rubel, CEO of Payless ShoeSource and a veteran of Cole Haan. “Her ready-to-wear label has a national and international retail presence and a strong following by celebrities and other well-known women who adore the casual luxury of her clothing. She has a focus on beautiful, hand finished design with strong material interest, and we look forward to celebrating her design esthetic and bringing it to women across America with the Lela Rose for Payless collections available only at Payless.”
The collection will include a mix of wool and patent leather and be manufactured in China.
Though Rubel declined to discuss how much the deal was worth, he did note that the contract includes a holiday 2007 collection that will debut in November. This isn’t Rose’s first encounter with Payless; the company provided her with shoes for her Spring 2006 runway show in September, which were not commercially produced.
“Every woman knows that a good shoe is hard to find, especially one that is affordable with impeccable quality and design,” said Rose. “That’s the goal of this alliance. With my level of design, combined with Payless’ expertise on how to commercialize the design with great quality and at a great price, we’ll do just that. I am excited to bring my designs to more and more women through this arrangement.”
Payless’ approach in converging mass and class isn’t new, of course. Nine West trumped their collaborations with Thakoon, Sophia Kokosalaki, and Vivienne Westwood, and H&M gained an entirely new audience thanks to its partnerships with Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, and Viktor & Rolf. Rose joins Laura Poretzky, who created her first collection for Payless under the Abaeté label last season, which drew positive feedback from customers.
The announcement could not have come at a better time for Rose, who will soon be needing stylish shoes that stress the comfort factor. The designer gave birth to her second child Monday, a healthy baby girl named Rosey Potter Jones weighing 8.1 lbs. She joins her five-year old brother, Grey. The family is said to be doing fine.

An interesting choice. Is she well known in the states b/c I don't believe she has an intl. presence. Though her prices can be high, depending on the item, I view her as a sort of Tory Burch contemporary Neiman Marcus style designer. That said, I'm interested to see what she'll do and she is quite well spoken

here is a pic of a sample shoe from papermag.

Attachments

• lela.jpg
    lela.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
As a poor college student who dreams of $500 shoes, but has to settle for Payless and Target, I am excited. I wish they were coming sooner than Fall 2007 though...

thebudgetfashionista.com

Attachments

• le1.jpg
    le1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
  • le2.jpg
    le2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 212
style.com

Attachments

• le6.jpg
    le6.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1
  • le7.jpg
    le7.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1
elle.com

Attachments

• lr5.jpg
    lr5.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
  • lr3.jpg
    lr3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
  • lr2.jpg
    lr2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
  • lr1.jpg
    lr1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
these are screencaps from the flash section of the payless website taken by nitrolicious.com

Attachments

• lr5.jpg
    lr5.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
  • lr4.jpg
    lr4.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
  • lr3.jpg
    lr3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
  • lr2.jpg
    lr2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • lr1.jpg
    lr1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lr6.jpg
    lr6.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
  • lr7.jpg
    lr7.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
  • lr8.jpg
    lr8.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • lr9.jpg
    lr9.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 6
^Thanks for those.

So.... those red peep-toes are going to be at a payless near me in the near future?

I like the peep-toe red ones and the black ones too.

i saw some of the shoes out in a payless already.
i checked the website and it says they will be out sept 5. i wasnt impressed with the shoes i did see.

Did you see the T straps lucy? They are cute. How was the quality of what you did see?

Ahhh, if they're only going to make peep-toe shoes, my feet are officially going to bleed all day long.

^ I feel your pain (no pun intended); my feet don't bear well with peep-toe heels.

agh they'll probably have a diffused version of the runway. Those abaete boots I bought got destroyed in a week.

the t-strap heels are cute, but those peep toe heels are in every store right now anyhow.

i only saw the bow flats (the same as those in post 4) and some matching bags. i wasnt impressed with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->