Linea

the jude law post is entirely appropriate here and i think it's great to actually see someone wearing the clothes...i really like his shoes, actually...too bad it's such an unflattering photo...nice face ...:doh:

thanks for the pic helena...and thanks for that great article ngth...so much good info there...:flower: ...

agreed very nice face....enough dreaming of jude law*flutter*

I'm afraid I really don't like this... To me those items don't flatter the human body.. May be the styling, though...

:ninja:

softgrey said:
the jude law post is entirely appropriate here and i think it's great to actually see someone wearing the clothes....

I totally agree. A real person wearing them in real life (sort of), don't see what's wrong with that. We can't all stand around with bowed heads, not moving and being all intellectual just cos we're sporting a bit of Maltieri! To be honest he looks a damn sight better than any of us would do in those clothes (or in any others for that matter).

I'm actually now (not because of this pic) looking forward to seeing the clothes in L'Eclaireur (or Leclaurumtingy as Faust calls it:lol: ) I still think I'll baulk too much at the prices (and it would mean that I retun with one item, which is just not feasable). The whole artisan-passion-loosing money-thing appeals to me I suppose. I know I'll be tempted. :doh:

Johnny said:
I totally agree. A real person wearing them in real life (sort of), don't see what's wrong with that. We can't all stand around with bowed heads, not moving and being all intellectual just cos we're sporting a bit of Maltieri! To be honest he looks a damn sight better than any of us would do in those clothes (or in any others for that matter).

I'll wager I know someone who looks better in them! :lol: :ninja:
But come on, let's give it up for Jude's stylist :clap:

Johnny said:
I'm actually now (not because of this pic) looking forward to seeing the clothes in L'Eclaireur (or Leclaurumtingy as Faust calls it:lol: ) I still think I'll baulk too much at the prices (and it would mean that I retun with one item, which is just not feasable). The whole artisan-passion-loosing money-thing appeals to me I suppose. I know I'll be tempted. :doh:

L'eclaurblahblahblah :lol: I don't think he's losing money, Johnny. Profit on one of those leather shirts is equal to my month's rent probably :o . Check out CCP! Cheaper ^_^ (off to Yay or Nay thread to rave about my new pants so I don't take this thread off topic.)

Last edited by a moderator:
faust...i'd have to say that his stylist is probably sienna miller these days...:lol:

and if a store keeps one jacket for four years...it probably means they aren't buying anymore jackets from him until they sell that one...so he sells fewer of them...
it's all relative...:flower:

thx for the article nqth:flower:

....and one thing about Jude "the celebrity in Linea" and making it mainstream....He (or Sienna) probably paid for it since these lines don't give merch away. That's more than you can say for most celebrities these days, is it not?

....off to see Faust's new pants..........

purechris said:
thx for the article nqth:flower:

....and one thing about Jude "the celebrity in Linea" and making it mainstream....He (or Sienna) probably paid for it since these lines don't give merch away. That's more than you can say for most celebrities these days, is it not?

....off to see Faust's new pants..........

True, true.

Hey, you can see them in person next week :wink: :P

You're right, Faust...I shouldn't have called him a "common" actor. I think he's one of my favorite male actors, but I just don't want these labels to be all over the place. I much rather see J.Lo in Versace than Junya, because of what J.Lo is...Jude Law seems to be of higher class and more sophisticated. He also wears Carpe Diem, so I guess he's not just another celebrity that picks up anything that is expensive and rappers are raving about.

Arturo21 said:
You're right, Faust...I shouldn't have called him a "common" actor. I think he's one of my favorite male actors, but I just don't want these labels to be all over the place. I much rather see J.Lo in Versace than Junya, because of what J.Lo is...Jude Law seems to be of higher class and more sophisticated. He also wears Carpe Diem, so I guess he's not just another celebrity that picks up anything that is expensive and rappers are raving about.

I understand. I think you can rest assured about CDiem not spreading because Jude Law wore it, as Johnny said. :flower:

Yeah I really don't see any reason to worry because Jude is wearing CDiem/Linea...it's not like those clothes are readily available and affordable to most of the celebrity fashion following crowd anyway...

I think its somewhat nice that hes wearing something a little less mainstream.

We are not sure why hes wearing it though..

Stylist? Or maybe just because its expensive/exclusive?

The clothes lose meaning in the hands of someone who cannot appreciate them fully.

Anyway, It will never catch on as trend anyway.

As for how he looks, I really think he can't pull it off well.

Im sure a couple of you guys here could look better :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
raijin said:
I think its somewhat nice that hes wearing something a little less mainstream.

We are not sure why hes wearing it though..

Stylist? Or maybe just because its expensive/exclusive?

The clothes lose meaning in the hands of someone who cannot appreciate them fully.

Anyway, It will never catch on as trend anyway.

As for how he looks, I really think he can't pull it off well.

Im sure a couple of you guys here could look better :wink:

How do you know he can't appreciate the clothes fully? i don't think it's fair to quickly jump to a conclusion like that that none of us are 100% sure of.

That said, on the flipside if it was a stylist I'd be impressed by the stylist who picked out the CDiem/Linea clothes for him, even though the outfit doesn't work that well...shows that at least someone appreciates the clothes, expensive/exclusive or any other reason.

If this is not what you meant in your post, then disregard this post.

Just making a kind of blanket statement there, not really aimed at Jude.

I think its true for a lot of brands classified as "avant-garde" but even more so for Altieri stuff.

helena said:
see pic of jude law in Linea. More pics of this on the sienna miller thread....
attachment.php

It's pretty funny, I just found out that Jude bought every single piece of that outfit at Atelier :o :woot: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->