• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Losing at Shopping Roulette

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
In this thread, post your stories about how you walked away from an item, then came back later to purchase it... and it was gone.

(I think we used to have a thread about this, but I can't find it. Mods, if you find it, please merge!)

Today I missed out on a "shawl-neck" sweater by Cloak. I looked at it, left, came back 20 minutes later and it was gone. I asked one of the SAs about it and she said a guy had put it on hold, but she knows him and didn't think he would be back for it. She said to come back at 6pm and if he hadn't come back, she would sell it to me.

I came back at 6:05, and he was at the register paying for it. :cry:

Sour grapes: I wasn't supposed to be spending that kind of money, anyway. :lol:

at the beginning of this season, I was in Bally and I saw the most amazing sweater jacket. It had gorgeous details on the shoulders, upper arms and elbows. The sweater was a double zip and had these neat little grommets at the bottom corners of the sweater. It was $600 so i was thinking about coming back during the sale period. Plus the store had 4 of them so I didn't think they were going to sell out. I come back in 2 weeks later just to peruse, and they're ALL gone. I talk to the salesperson and they say that very few of the Bally stores actually carry the clothes and that there were very very few of the sweaters made and if they're gone, they're gone.

I was sad. Next time i'll just get it if I like something hahahaha

sorry about that guys...
i've started putting stuff on hold more and more these days if i want to think something over...it costs nothing and at least you know it will be there for you while you think about it ...

I've had stuff on hold at Harvey Nic many times..One time they had the nerve to sell it to somebody else :angry: ..and it's not like I asked them to keep the item for days..just a till the end of the day..so I could ponder if I wanted the item...and naturally I DID WANT that item..after that..I made sure to flash my members card at them every time I had something put on hold..and nothing that I came back for ever got sold to somebody else after that.

what's a members card hanne...is it like a store credit card?...

one time i had spent HOURS...selecting several thousands of dollars worth of merchandise for a job i was on....i put it all on hold and was going to pick it up in the morning...

when i returned...most of it had been put back on the sales floor...it took another 45 minutes to find everything again...royal pain...:rolleyes:

softgrey - when you buy stuff for a shoot - who gets to keep it? or do you have to take it back?

it depends on the shoot helena...usually the person who pays for it gets to decide who keeps it...celebrities get to keep stuff a lot and i get to keep some stuff once in a while...but it's usually the client's decisioin... :flower:

aaah the shopping roulette once again.....it must be nice if you get to keep stuff.

yes...i wish it happened more often...it's very nice... :D
but now i prefer to just get paid well so i can just go buy what i really want...
i have somuch stuff from shoots that i have little or no use for really...

I found some GREAT chip & pepper and juicy jeans and a few designer purses on clearance and didn't buy them, came back the next day and of course all of the above were gone. Moral of the story - buy now, return it later if you decide you don't like it.

softgrey said:
what's a members card hanne...is it like a store credit card?...
yes basically an account card..I just couldn't remember the word when I was writing..the pain of not having english as your first language..sometimes I struggle to find the words I want to use. :flower:

it never happens to me either. if i have to think it over, I go for a cappuccino, let the stuff put on hold (they always do it) and in most of the cases I return and buy it (and :heart: it)
i never regret the decision I've made over the cappuccino :wink:

man... this happens to me all the time. I want something, but I don't EVER carry cash or plastic (it cuts down on impulse buys). I usually only keep my debit card and my license with me, so I have to come back to get whatever I want... But usually when I come back, its gone. so sad.

I remember when I saw a gorgeous pair of marc jacobs round toed boots at OffSaks for like 250 bucks, down from 900, so I hid them in the size 5 section :P and when I came back the next day, gone. I even enlsited a SA to find them, but nope.

saw a gorgeous distressed leather jacket on sale for 100CAD, went back in 3 days, of course it was gone.

Im mad now that I didn't buy those Seven jeans for my bro..

They were such a nice wash and it was the only pair left and is in his size...on sale.

:cry:...Woulda made him very happy.

Hanne said:
yes basically an account card..I just couldn't remember the word when I was writing..the pain of not having english as your first language..sometimes I struggle to find the words I want to use. :flower:

honestly?...i would never have known...you are very fluent... impressive... :flower:

i was at the gap trying to check out what- if any- changes are evident since the departure of patrick whatshisname...

i saw a cute top that was super well made and really reasonable at $24.95...
plus--- it was buy one t-shirt and get one 1/2 price...

unfortunately i am in between sizes- sm, too small and med, too big...
i went back the next day with my friend to see if she might like it...
but they were ALL gone!

:shock:...

i was truly shocked...
:lol:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"