Louis Vuitton S/S 08 Paris

th_45953_vui_ss08_305_Celebrity_City_FS_123_1053lo.jpg

thecelebritycity.com

^^^ oh wow!

THANKS! :flower:

I love the joke bags. But I'm afraid they're a 'of the moment' type bag. It's not timeless. And who would spend that kind of money on a bag you can essentially only wear one season?! :innocent:

i seriously wonder who determines which bags will make it to mass-production and which not. is that decided BEFORE or AFTER the show?

I would guess that the runway bags are decided upon beforehand since by then they'll know how much it'll cost to manufacture and that it's pretty much a given that there will be demand for any of the runway bags. Also, LV doesn't do wholesale like a lot of labels, so they can pretty much pick and choose which bags will go into the boutiques as limited editions and which wont...there's no need to see what the buyers are interested in.

Like I said though, it's just my guess.

i think you're right tho. sometimes, in the backstage pics, i see bags which won't even make it onto the runway. never to be seen again...

The colour palette in this show blew my mind!
I loooovvveee all the candy and acidic colours with blacks.
The theme was great too I think and it translated very well in the collection.

, i know it might be a lot to ask :P
but maybe u have the HQ on this 2 bags to complete the joke collection on the runway? thanks :P
it's from the L in louis and the I in vuitton model on the runway
01m.jpg
08m.jpg

i think it's the graduate and the bigger version of the mancrazy?
thank you soooo much

seahorseinstripe, please provide the source for your images. thank you.

i think you're right tho. sometimes, in the backstage pics, i see bags which won't even make it onto the runway. never to be seen again...

I just watched the documentary with Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs and I remember hearing that he has bag styles done in multiple color for styling choices when the show starts. I wonder what they do with the bags not shown. If I worked backstage I'd be tempted to snatch a discarded bag.

Iconic show!

the middle part is missing though. :(

God, I love this show...it's so wonderfully wacky and over-the-top. I remember this show being a catalyst to exploring high fashion. The soundtrack and the Richard Prince nurse homage struck such a chord with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is with FW00, FW06, SS & FW 09 one of my favorite Vuitton collection ever.
Mj is really the ultimate POP Designer.
Everything was created to be a fabulous moment of pop culture: the fabulous Cast, the drama (it started very late and just after the Suzy Menkes affair), the exclusive soundtrack, the Richard Prince collaboration and of course the OTT clothing parade.

A beautiful hommage to Paris and a wicked addictive twist on "La Bourgeoise". The clothes were fabulous in their construction.
It was also for me one of the first time i really made a parallel between Marc Jacobs & Margiela. It has the Artisanal feel and the grown-up attitude of Margiela.

Great show!

Iconic looks that serve inspiration for what's going on today. Oh how I wish this happened now.

Remember when Carrie gave her assistant that ugly bag for Christmas? :lol: Like this is your first LV bag and this is what you get! What?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->