Louis Vuitton S/S 10 Paris

It's hard to find many good things in this collection, sadly. Even if I try to like it, it doesn't work. I loved the spring and fall 09 collections so much, so seeing this feels like a major downgrade. >:(

for a minute i thought it was an old Galliano collection met a bad fashion student (experimental wanabee period).

spotted one or two nice stuff.

waiting to see how it'll look on racks.

both this and gaultier give me a strong Dior circa 2003 feeling
i'm not sure if that's in a good way.

the faded orange denim jacket with the all over logo is beyond horrible

and about the kitten heels. marc may feel it's ridiculous to do the platforms even higher season after season, but there are ways of making beautiful shoes without those

i can just imagine the reactions of the LVMH executives to this. :innocent:

i can't really focus on ****ty clothes coz those big big afro hair are killing me. After sophisticated hair and cat make-up it's quite a shock XD

?! after getting pass the afro, the clothes arent bad. they're very wearable but too marc jacobs. hate HATE the accessories. is it me or is this all styling, there is very few if any actual design..

I also love the fros...the rest is relied heavily on styling to mask mediocre clothes. I got so bored halfway through the video. It's what Marc Jacobs do to me these days. Nothing's profound in his recent works.

I hope this is a joke
I stopped watching the collection at look 18

the afros are great!!!
but i dont know...what to say about tha shoes....

I always like his work for LV but the clothes theirselves aren't really interesting. I might need some time to like it, as it happened last season.

Another fan of the afros... they're so adorable and bizarre... :heart:

The clothes, however, are the work of a self-satisfied man. In a time when most designers are cutting corners creatively and financially, Marc has done his damnedest to show these rules simply don't apply to him. He can send utter tripe served with 3 helpings of mediocrity down the runway and still manage to miraculously stay above the water. I find it quite insulting and annoying, frankly. But I must say, I admire the unbreakable, ineffable grasp he has on the masses; it's quite fascinating. I will never admire him as a designer, though... :innocent:

im surprised at what a huge percentage of people hate the afros.
they dont bother me at all. i dont understand why they are so distracting.

Why are people taking this so seriously? Vuitton is a luggage company with an emphasis on bags, shoes and accessories. From what I know, their Ready-to-Wear does not contribute significantly to their cash flow. Therefore Marc is free to be as humourous and light as possible in order to inspire customers to come into the store.

For me, this show is a huge marketing extravaganza. There were multitudes of bags, shoes and jewellery that will sell like hotcakes. And the layering of the clothes, whilst overwhelming, will offer a lot of choice for the Vuitton customer.

It feels like theyre really trying to push the Japanese market with this. The styling and the irony are very Harajuku, don't you think?

Louis Vuitton's sales OBVIOUSLY went down last season, which isnt surprising since those looks from Fall 2009 looked terrible on just about everyone....ahem....Madonna. So this season they went for the most generic looks ever, added an afro to distract everyone from how boring the clothes are and a few fanny packs (which in my opinion can NEVER look fashionable under ANY circumstance) and plastered their monogram everywhere (cuz nothing sells better than people's insecurities).
Pretty low if you ask me. In fact it's just rubbish.

i was not expecting marc jacobs to produce anything but a mess yet again, lv really needs to let him go asap

...I kind of love this a lot.

Maybe it's just the early-mid 2000's Galliano look of the collection that is tugging on my heartstrings! Everything is so deliciously ridiculous. I love the cartoony styling, I love the hiking gear, backpacks, fanny packs, messenger bags, I love the afros and sunburned makeup, I love the demure, folksy prints, I love those multicolored fur tails, I love it all.

The whole thing reminds me very much of The Powder Puff girls, and I sort of adore that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->