Louis Vuitton S/S 10 Paris

This is so awful I cannot even watch it
the proportions and the silhouettes are terrible, it's all so messy
and like out of order, it's like a mix of everything you shouldnt mix at all
plus those shoes??? is this a joke??¿
this is ridiculous and he should be fired

I just LOVE reading everyones reactions! This collection is probably the only collection that seriously made me laugh just because it is funny. I would love to see the faces of the audience as the first model comes out.

This collection is definitely street inspired. It is like all urban street fashion from London, New York and Tokyo merged together into one crazy afro sporting chick.

I honestly cannot concentrate on the clothing to find out if I like it or not.

..Wtf is wrong with everyone here...

Is everyone here seriously still stuck on the fact that the models wore afro hairstyles and ugg-like shoes?
I don't particularly like the collection, but there's nothing shocking or awful about any of the clothes.
When Marc Jacobs sent out girls in metallic ruffle dresses, top knots and mini geta sandals last month you all loved it.
Tomorrow there will be newspaper articles about how Marc Jacobs showed girls in afros with bumbags and shoes with fur mustaches at Louis Vuitton - it's all promotion.
This is a normal (if not ordinary) collection disguised as something different.

i dont mind the afros, i just hate the fact that theyre so distracting... i mean, ive browsed this thread back and forth and still cant say what the clothes were like :blink:

I love the afros.. feels kind of refreshing after seeing endless blonde locks for an entire month.
Regarding the clothes, I wonder if Marc still can tell what differentiates a Marc Jacobs show and collection from a Louis Vuitton one?..

I find the afros extremally disturbing. I've just looked through the whole collection and I don't remember anything.

that was fun. I think MJ has been consuming a lot of sugary sweet lately because of her gal pal M dolla. Everything in the collection was so delectable. I like many of the cool & fun jackets. they kinda remind me of a girly version of Junya's jackets for guys. But I think they adorable and can really bring a lot of use and fun to an everyday girl's wardrobe. the cute little dresses are sweet, they kinda remind me of candy wrappers like pixy sticks and jolly ranchers. The bags are sweet too, like the chocolatey brown patent bags with the the LV brand. I think take away all the cotton candy hairdos and funky furry kitten hills, everything in this collection are so covetable and worth investing every penny like going to a penny candy store

Well the styling is certainly attention grabbing. The impact of seeing these (seemingly) 7 ft. tall dolls parading down a darkened runway one after the other is kind of cool.

But the clothes are what's disappointing me. For the last 3 or 4 season I feel like the clothes at Vuitton have finally overshadowed the bags, and stood on their own as beautiful pieces. I don't think that really applies here, though I'm not sure if it's because the styling is so extreme that it takes time to get beyond it, or that the clothes on their own just aren't that remarkable.

I also think that this lacks the forceful direction that Marc Jacobs always manages to deliver. Statement-wise it's kind of muddled.

for a minute i thought it was an old Galliano collection met a bad fashion student (experimental wanabee period).

spotted one or two nice stuff.

waiting to see how it'll look on racks.

Hey please don`t compare this misery collection with Galliano`s name.And for me this is such an affront to Mr.Galliano.(your comment)

I have no words. The styling is an apparent imitation of early 2000's Galliano except none of the individual pieces say anything to me. I spy a couple cute dresses but overall everything is quite mediocre.

Nothing I can say I really like at the moment, but nothing that bad either honestly. I think there's just a lot of print piled on top of one another so it's hard to pay attention to everything...

I don't know why they are there and how they are connected to the collection but I love those afros :lol:

ooooooh lordy...i can definitely do without the afros and those god-awful shoes, but everything else is fine. i actually really like the bags, and i've never been a fan of LV bags.

Moustached UGGs, mix of different clothes(different styles, different decades and etc.)
It looks like Marc found pieces for this collection in second-hand or in thrift shop.
The worst shoes in this season (Sorry, I forget about crumpled paper Margiela boots).
Bags looks like bad chinese copies of MJ.
I never ever liked MJ, but this is really bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->