Louis Vuitton S/S 09 Paris

this is f-in gorgeous!! it's a fitting ysl tribute with marc quirkiness thrown in...

I think this is the first time I've ever absolutely loved a LV collection. It's fabulous! :woot:

I love this, its rich in terms of details, textures, colors!! Love the accesories too. IT looks very saturated but it works for me. I never really liked the past LV collections, so this is a nice suprise for me. Im really enjoying the work that Marc did this season for his line and LV.

besides the obvious african saint laurent this reminds me a lot of galliano's collections for dior in years circa 2002-2004... the styling, extreme hair, statement shoes, lots of accessories...
vuitton is always a great way for the end of the week!

With Édith Piaf - that most visceral of Parisian singers - on the soundtrack and fashion channeled from every species of bird feather, animal pattern, reptile skin and ethnic inspiration, the Louis Vuitton show made a bold statement at the Paris summer 2009 collections Sunday.

Later in the closing day of the season, Lanvin used strong color on dresses, caressing the body to re-activate fashion desire.

"It's not Africa, it's not anywhere - it's all about Paris," said the Louis Vuitton designer Marc Jacobs backstage, although you could have knocked down with a parakeet green feathered skirt most of the audience, who saw tribal diversity in the totems on shoes, in the carved wooden earrings, in the bags with leopard spots melded with the house logos and in the plumes of a brief dress.

Maybe Piaf's soulful French spirit melded with Josephine Baker's innocent Africana in the fertile mind of Jacobs. But whatever his inspirations, this was a cracking good show, which caught the season's African vibe and produced for Vuitton not just stunning accessories - each in a similar spirit but totally individual. It also created a wardrobe of classic-and-more clothes, bringing back soft, easy pants, marked with polka dots, while the abandoned jacket had many new incarnations.

At the end of a week in which fashion direction had seemed as unstable as the economy, Jacobs caught in these clothes a bravura and joie de vivre. Sure the skirts were ultrashort, the better to show off the walk-tall sandals with their fantastical decoration. This was a rosy, optimistic view of dressing, with a hint of the Folies Bergère to add showgirl fun and to tint colors from metallic purple to grass green and orange. Let's just call Jacobs's stellar effort to make fashion feel good and to make sense after four weeks of turbulence "La Vie en Rose."
suzy menkes/iht/10.5.08

Am I the only one getting old Valentino vibes here?

Too "rich", I only like the jackets. I'm not really loving this collection atm, I hope it'll grow on me..

The color palette is gorgeous, the use of metallics is great, and the details are beautiful. This could have been a very modern and opulent collection, but the styling is all off in my opinion. It comes off as garish and rather ridiculous looking in most cases. It's just too much look - huge earrings on top of metallics on top of feathers on top of saturated colors on top of the shoes...the eye just doesn't know where to concentrate. If it were editted down, it would be perfect. The individual pieces are fantastic , but overall, it's a mess. Sometimes Marc makes a mess into something beautiful, but this isn't the case here.

God there is so much confusion this season.
I love most if not all of the jackets in this collection.
SO much better than Jacob's own collection.
Don't know about the rest yet. Shall have to see when the video comes out.

the look on Natalia C....i want all of it! all of it! the shoes & pants especially!!

this has nothing to do with ysl. it's straight up koos van den akker. what's next season, patchwork coats? i can see it.

this is hideous. sheballs x20.

I completely LOVE this. Even the ugly things i love because they seem funny to me (satin spotted pants). This is the first time i have actually enjoyed a LV show.

MJ is a fashion god , this is sooo awesome , i mean the detailing ,the palette , the shoes , the blazers , the easy pants , 10000X better than last season, I hope he keeps this momentum. best spring collection period.

I like this...not love it but it's outstanding, the colors are so rich and the accesories better, I which Marc do a completely different story for LV but still it's a great collection, seems like where going to see tons of LV in eds after those huge shoes in every single mag.

I don't really like this..there are some nice pieces in there for sure, but overall its a whole lotta ugly!

this really stands out from other collections this week. i love the colors. and the shoes...omg.

This is so 1980's YSL

agreed.

really just a bunch of overstyled..stuff.

although, admittedly LV clothes are impeccably crafted. But that's a thank you to the seamstresses, not marc.

WOW Suzy called it a "cracking good show" :shock: :lol:

Thanks for posting the review, Kimair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->