Louis Vuitton S/S 2016 Paris

I am upset, i am yet to like what Ghesquiere has to offer for LV. So far II have been hoping and checking out his collections season after season but I just do not like anything at all. I can't even recall a single signature look from the last few years from LV:(

I was impressed at first from the live stream, on closer inspection it's hit and miss. Mica's outfit (those pants!) was the low, but it was pretty good in parts. I like that Ghesquière is trying to push the boundaries of Louis Vuitton, and it does now feel like Nicolas is making Louis Vuitton his own. I just want him to push the boundaries of fashion as he's done so many times before.

Louis Vuitton by Hedi Slimane.
I got that Saint Laurent feeling as well but a bit more together.

There's some great pieces in this collection. It's cohesive. I guess I had a different vision for LV than the one NG is taking. I don't hate it, it's just.. different.

I do love the shoes this time around though. Love the slingback loafers. :heart:

Not my favorite collection out of Paris but there were truly slim pickings. This isn't the worst.

Awkwardly fresh and new. I love it! :heart:

OMG at the people running with NG on the catwalk! :shock: How RUDE! I'd ****** them.

OMG at the people running with NG on the catwalk! :shock: How RUDE! I'd ****** them.
So rude! I wonder what they have to do that was so important for them to not be polite.
It's a part of the scenery of a show: Wait in your ***ing seat!

And to people comparing it to Saint Laurent. I believe we don't have the same eyes...

^I watched it like 10 times. Still can't get over it. It's super gross. Nicolas dodging the crowd like he was in the middle of the street. No words. It would have been... 20 seconds more in their seats? Anna Wintour loves to do that. :rolleyes:

I have to say that the clothes look a liiiittle bit better in motion. Just a little bit better.

Slimane meets Rodarte meets hipster-fashion Tumblr.
Only like a few jackets.

I love the anime lashes and Sailor Moon tiaras, but I don't want a half-***ed anime inspired collection. I want it FULL ON anime.

My problem with the collection is not so much that it's ugly (though it is quite abominable), but more so that it's cheesy.

It's a very cliche idea of the digital world. Too literal, way too on the nose. You'd think would have known better.

clothes looks better in motion, first sight on pics wasn't positiv. Love the "sailorbag"handbags and the petit ones , so 80's. Adorable cut of the trousers but do not like the print, would pref it only in black colour.

Way too much visual stimulation. The set was awesome but I do agree it's not his best collection. Nicolas has been watching too much anime maybe?

I love this so much! The music, runway, models - everything, it works so well and this modern approach for LV is refreshing. I especially like the leather jackets, simply amazing.

Sci-fi punk chic! What's not to love. I'm so glad Ghesquiere is still at the top of his game. He's definitely established a look for LV, one that is very identifiable and consistent. At the same time, he's beginning to experiment more and is infusing more conceptual ideas into what has otherwise been a highly commercial endeavour. This was such an energetic show, I got goosebumps watching it!

I can't understand the comparison to Saint Laurent. I really really can't. There seems to always be a tendency to insinuate a similarity to Saint Laurent any time mini skirts or punk influences are present; as though these were invented and popularised by Hedi and are a trademark of his Saint Laurent. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->