Louis Vuitton Cruise 2015 Monaco

I can't get over how seriously unappealing the colours and prints used throughout the collection are, in a way resembling an eclectic Prada-esque sense of 'bad taste'. I miss the cool, urban restraint that made Nicolas' Balenciaga feel modern... this, I'm afraid, is looking rather 'old' to me. What a huge let down!

Yet Nicolas delivers a wonderful collection. I'm already beginning to notice a certain silhouette found throughout his collections for LV. Interesting take on Cruise wear, I'm all for it!

I wanted to be blown away but everything looks so ugly to me.

For Cruise/Resort standards it's grand, but the individual pieces are very hit-or-miss. I'm not overly impressed... but I don't dislike it either.

I am not a big fan of this. I know he is a great designer, but I think what he does is just not my style. But I must admit I really like the suits.

I was beginning to think I was looking at a completely different collection. To say these clothes are ugly and dated would be an understatement.

i want to wear nearly everything

i have to say those pants are going to take some getting used to.. but the skirts, would TOTALLY wear all of them :heart:

beautiful prints and the set..the floor was gorgeous!

Not in love, agree it seem mismatched. I don't know if it was the lighting but didn't like the models makeup, so many looked like they had bags under their eyes.

Another really solid collection. Like previously, there are many amazing pieces. Something for every type of women, something to strip apart and add to your wardrobe, something that makes you really want to buy. I must say i'm still quite surprised by the direction he's taking at Vuitton. We're really not in for highly conceptual collections anymore, at least for now. It really feels like Nicolas dropped that weight of being the industry's fashion forward mastermind off his shoulders, and is simply enjoying making clothes again. Is this the best he can produce, creatively? Probably not. But it doesn't really matter. Our plate is still very well served.

Such a lovely collection, although very similar to Fall. I like that he experimented with different colour schemes and patterns here. Not everything works but I'm really into the looks towards the end of the show, especially where he put lace under perforated leather (?) and the softer pieces on Marte and Liya at the end.

Full Look of 2 Chinese girl:Jing Wen & Mae Mei Lapres.

instagram/ilvoelv

So fabulous. This show has me convinced.

His joy is so infectious in this show. Everything about it is so charming and sunny and precious. It being in Monaco, watching the royalty come in with everyone standing, the curtains being drawn, the "water" runway, the truly fabulous soundtrack...the girls looked amazing. I just had a smile the whole time I was watching it.

I love this 60's/70's French girl look he is proposing for Louis Vuitton. It totally works. The whole Francoise Hardy and Jane Birkin-like styling and casual attitude is so infinitely appealing and sensual and desirable.

I just love it!!

Such a good collection! It continues from what he did for the Fall collection and adapts things new for the cruise! I need to see the details picture!

Btw, could anyone who saw the livestream clarify this for me: Do they change the runway music for the video after the livestream? Beacuse I heard the music to be "Monument" by Robyn & Röyksopp from Instagram video but when I went to louisvuitton.com to watch the show the music was another song.Perhaps it's because of the copyright? Since "Monument" hasn't been released officially yet.

I can't get over how seriously unappealing the colours and prints used throughout the collection are, in a way resembling an eclectic Prada-esque sense of 'bad taste'. I miss the cool, urban restraint that made Nicolas' Balenciaga feel modern... this, I'm afraid, is looking rather 'old' to me. What a huge let down!

Thank you. Reading all those positive comments and then seeing the collection, I thought I was missing something. Glad I'm not the only one. Those lace pieces in the beginning are especially ugly. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->