Madewell

i just received a cardigan, and a few tees i ordered online. I got the xs and they are MASSIVE!! So sad!

How is the quality of their shoes? There is a pair of boots I am thinking about buying!

The looks on the site are really good, great pics, great ideas, great pictures. Saved many as inspiration board.

Eh I was there a few days ago, and I was super excited about it as I've followed the website and this thread and seen some really cute stuff, but it was so disappointing! Idk if they have more than one shop in NYC, I was in the one on the street in soho that Topshop is on... :/

How is the quality of their shoes? There is a pair of boots I am thinking about buying!

Oh it's been a while you've written this post, but I tried on a few of their boots and I think most of them are made of real leather, because they were really comfortable and sturdy (more in the solid than stiff way).

I had to pass them up because they were a bit out of my budget (I was only in NY for fun so I had lots to spend elsewhere) but if you have the money, I think you should go for them!

Also, the boots run a size too big. Just got the buckle motorcycle boots and love them. I'm glad I waited until I could try them on in the store b/c all of the boots I tried on ran really big.

Finally went to the Soho store and another one in LA. Cute stuff but so overpriced. The shoes looked like they were great quality though. One of the sales assistants was wearing boots that she said will be coming in store in a few weeks time - lace up boots with a wedge and buckles. She said they're cut slightly big and to go a size down. I'm waiting for them to appear online, they were so cute.

^Shoe quality there is great, but the store is definitely overpriced. If you get on their email list you can keep abreast of the sales . . . I really only think that their clothes are worth the money when they're marked way down.

i just love their website and all their styling...
^_^

Same here, I love their combinations to put up their own clothes... & Alexa Chung collection was great... (& its gonna be another one according to Alexa Chung topic... surely i would love several things).

Every time I fancy something it gets sold out so quickly!!! but anyway do they have shipping to Europe?

They don't ship internationally :( But when I do buy off there (rarely) I just use a mail forwarder.

I like to purchase thing online. I think its totally from "the past" they don't ship internationally!! It can be a marketing strategy but in a global net we are all in its almost ridiculous!!!

I like to purchase thing online. I think its totally from "the past" they don't ship internationally!! It can be a marketing strategy but in a global net we are all in its almost ridiculous!!!

I buy most of my Madewell stuff off Ebay, some of it is gently used, but it costs a bit less that way too. I love the style of a lot of Madewell items but generally I think for what it is, it's too expensive. There's always proxy shipping though. :flower:

I buy most of my Madewell stuff off Ebay, some of it is gently used, but it costs a bit less that way too. I love the style of a lot of Madewell items but generally I think for what it is, it's too expensive. There's always proxy shipping though. :flower:

You mean quality + prize = overpricing?
Anyway I think their commercial policy still obsolete despite I love their products...
yeah prob ebay its not a bad choice for us who live out of the States but the brand here loses and we gotta be like fishing clothes or so...

^I checked some on Ebay... like some people really bought whole collections from Alexa's one to make profit from it...yuk! I still loving one of the dresses... but i think i am getting scammed instead of getting a bargain its like way overpriced cause it went sold out in a single day...
I never got any Madewell product on my hands so I dunno what quality I am supposed to be paying for... you know what I mean...

It is really nice clothing, if you've ever bough Jcrew, similar as far as level of quality in my opinion, though it is in the domain of the $30 tee shirt, which is something I don't do. I make it in to the Madewell store once or twice a year and shop the sale rack, that's where the deals are. The materials are nice, everything is cotton, silk, leather, etc. Great shoes and jewelry as well. Sizing is similar to Jcrew also, things seem to run large to me.

Madewell - the first sign of spring
WhiteJeanShortsMadewell.jpg

http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/

got these shiny shorts and the saint james sailor top, so excited for spring.
madewell.com

Attachments

• server.jpg
    server.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • server-1.jpg
    server-1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
Cute! I want the Sailor Top. Maybe I will have to add that to my spring must have list.

^ dauphine thanks for the info :flower: (still I never shopped at JCrew either but I got an idea anyway...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->