Maison Martin Margiela Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

Leather, leather, leather...such a trend right now. I too expected something more visionary, I do like a couple of the looks though. Just feels a bit safe.

The clothes themselves are very Margiela menswear( which was never extraordinary) and he has stated the team is more Margiela than himself. The problem arises when a house built on artisanship shows such disregard to the public at large as to churn out carbon copies of copies that makes the heart ache. The facsimile concept, however; does not.

I am not moved by this collection. Some of them just reminded me of Prada F/W 09 collection. Sad to see a brand comes to this status.

are we sure this is MMM, lol, because they must have put the wrong brand name on this collection.

I was so excited to look at this collection, (i put this thread in a tab because i wanted to save it for last while i looked at other), and when i saw it....let down.

While the rest litter criticism for this otherwise very wearable collection, allow me to point out the pieces I loved the most. The plaid trench, the sequined coat and the bling~ed leather biker jacket. ^_^

my heart aches that Diesel is destroying MMM's image.

The clothes themselves are very Margiela menswear( which was never extraordinary) and he has stated the team is more Margiela than himself.

i don't agree with that at all. i've never known MMM 10 to be as safe as this is. and it's much too slick on top of that.

I kind of don't like it at all lol, some things want to have my attention xD but they just don't manage to, and what's with the setting? I miss Martin Margiela so bad T_T

The jumpsuit suit pretty interesting, usually see that on women. The glittery jeans are an eye-sore and not sure who would wear leather shirts though :/ I really liked the textured dress shirt though :smile:

Scott:
Originally Posted by Bidwell
The clothes themselves are very Margiela menswear( which was never extraordinary) and he has stated the team is more Margiela than himself.
i don't agree with that at all. i've never known MMM 10 to be as safe as this is. and it's much too slick on top of that.
In my opinion, the line has become increasingly more commercial (with the help of Rosso, I know). I have also not bought or been inclined to buy Margiela for years now.

^absolutely...in fact everything,other than artisanal,had become a bit more commercial but there was never this kind of missing distinctive link either. there was something still very organic and familiar about the line before. even the cutting you can tell is nothing like margiela's.

Do not know why.
For a long period of time.
I think he barbecue restaurant in operation.
Mouth has a toothpick.
I say Maison Martin Margiela.
lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"