Makeup Brushes

exactly what paprika_hiccup has said.

I use synthetic hair brushes for my foundation, concealer and push liner brushes

Originally posted by iChelle@Oct 7 2004, 11:21 AM
hi all,
i was browsing the aisles at target ( :flower: ) and passed the cosmetic section when this caught my eye. $19.99 for this brush set that comes in a cute little carry case. i thought it was a great deal so i bought it. any opinions on sonia kashuk brushes? i know they're not MAC or Bobbi Brown, etc. but are they any good? they feel pretty nice...

**Please do not quote**

I've had so many brushes..
I heard of Sonia, they might be good but the best out there is Trish Mckevoy.
I've had this blush/powder brush for over 1 year and it still looks the same.
the lady at the counter guaranteed that as long as I took care of it. it will last. She told me that even if didn't own a brush cleaner I should use shampoo. Basically treat the brush as if it were your own hair.
Their brushes are horse hairs and very fine. however very expensive.
It was expensive but you get what you pay for, at least this time I did

Last edited by a moderator:
To clean brushes you can use shampoo but a baby shampoo instead of the regular ones.

Also, natural hair doesn´t exactly mean a better brush. I´ve tried the Make Up Forever sinthetic ones and they are even softer that natural hair, and some of them are even more expensive!
For concealer, it´s more recommended to use a sinthetic than a natural hair brush. :wink:

Originally posted by tgp@Oct 9 2004, 08:23 PM
Sonia Kashuk brushes are actually considered the best low-end brushes. Decent quality for the price.
[snapback]392044[/snapback]​
Yes they are. I have them because at the time I couldn't afford the ones from MAC. They are the best. I love them. And I clean them with the MAC brush cleaner also. :smile:

Brushes

Hi I have a question

what brushes do you recommend me I have the kit from mac
but Im gonna buy a new ones so what do u think is the best

Mac or Bobbie Brown??

I Like Trish?? The bristles are the softest ever or if you can get your hands on Shu Uemura, they are also quite good:smile: I have heard from friends' whose mother passed down Shu's brushes to them:smile:

How important are make up brushes ? ( blending brushes etc )
How big of a diffrence do they make ? :smile:

they make evrythn look perfect !
once you get the technique . . . !
:heart:

Golden_butterfly said:
How important are make up brushes ? ( blending brushes etc )
How big of a diffrence do they make ? :smile:

I think they make a world of difference Golden.

Lip-pencil brushes increase the staying power of the lipstick

Just try applying blusher with the tinny brush in the blush compact on one cheek and a MAC or similar high-end make-up brush on the other.

blending, fading, diffusing, removing excess product...if you try to use your fingers you run a great risk of smearing your make-up than if you are using brushes.

Hanne said:
I think they make a world of difference Golden.

Lip-pencil brushes increase the staying power of the lipstick

Just try applying blusher with the tinny brush in the blush compact on one cheek and a MAC or similar high-end make-up brush on the other.

blending, fading, diffusing, removing excess product...if you try to use your fingers you run a great risk of smearing your make-up than if you are using brushes.

Thanks Hanne :flower:

How do one learn the ' techniques ' ? :unsure:

Golden_butterfly said:
Thanks Hanne :flower:

How do one learn the ' techniques ' ? :unsure:

Practice makes perfect, but I think a learned some by watching friends having make-up applied by make-up artists, as well as having it applied on me..(when the make-up artists were in a very teaching-friendly mood..supplying me w. a mirror so I could follow the process).
I think it helps when you let the make-up artist know that you're not just looking to have make-up applied..but that you're actually wanting to know how to use their tools / apply a certain type of make-up.
That's basically the way I learned to make smokey eyes..I told her flat out that I had no idea how to do it, and if she could teach me..which she did..explaining it as she went along ..I still had to do a lot of practicing at home to get the feel of things..but she definately helped me on my way.

A good make-up artist/ SA would grap this oppertunity to sell you brushes as well..and the only way to do that proberly is to demonstrate how you work them.

What about bare escentuals kabuki or other ranges of brushes, on QVC they have Tarte, Mally ROncal too. HAs anybody ever own them?
Thanks

Does anyone feel guilty for using horsehair brushes? I mean, the poor horse!

My mother took me to The Body Shop to have my makeup done when I was about 12 years old, and she bought me a full set of makeup and brushes at the time from there. 10 years later I am just replacing the brushes now, and really there is still nothing wrong with them! I have maintained them using a very mild facial cleanser.

I will admit to buying more expensive brushes in the past year, from MAC and from Shu Umera, but I keep going back and using the brushes from the Body Shop.

I have gone back to the Body Shop to check out the brushes again and they don't seem to have changed except for the color of the handle, and they are fairly inexpensive ($16cdn/brush roughly). I definitely recommend these brushes! Oh and back to my first point, they are synthetic bristles but if you ask me they feel/apply just as well as any natural bristle brush I have ever used!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->