Makeup dont's that you do!

Reaction score
i kinda like that clumpy mascara look just a lil bit, not like tammy faye baker style!). i don't wear eyeliner, so it looks okay on me and i have asian eyes so my lashes aren't so long and overpowering. i find that they do this a lot in the jap mags. alsoo....i curl my eyelashes AFTER i put mascara on and let it dry:innocent: :blush: . i find that it works better and stays curled. of course i clean the curler right afterwards.

- i pump the wand in my mascara - ie. Cover Girl Fantastic Lash
so i can get a wetter product.
ah - i know it dries out the product in the long-run
but the effect is totally worth it, when i get a wetter product on the brush.

- based on my skin colour/undertone, i ought to be using golds/warm colours etc etc..
but i find that it washes out my skin...
i end up using cool/cold colours such as plum, blue, silver etc and it makes my skin glow/pop.

I put a few drops of purified water in my mascara tube when it started getting dryish and pumped the wand up and down to mix it up and kept on using it. It was just fine, never went manky, and did not irritate my eyes!

i don't wear concealer under my eyes. even though i have dark circles, when i try to wear concealer, i look wierd. like i'm not used to it. it also creases in my wrinkles :( so it's another reason i don't like it.

As You Like It said:
I put a few drops of purified water in my mascara tube when it started getting dryish and pumped the wand up and down to mix it up and kept on using it. It was just fine, never went manky, and did not irritate my eyes!

oooh! good tip - i'll try it w/ rosewater.

I mix foundation and concealer with conditioner and I use the same huge tube of foundation for like a whole year instead of buying fresh.

oooh I like this thread.... Makes me feel less guilty.

I do 80's blush! I'm always told to just blend bluch on the apples of my cheeks but I always suck in my cheeks and do my entire cheekbone :ninja:

I pump the mascara wand and I NEVER wear lipstick. My entire face can be done but I'll never wear lipstick.

I'd suppose it would be blue eyeshadow? Someone told me blue eyeshadow is a big 'no-no'. But other people say it looks good on me and brings out my eyes, so... :blush:

CelineChic said:
I pump the mascara wand and I NEVER wear lipstick. My entire face can be done but I'll never wear lipstick.

Yeh, I am the same too. I don't really wear any foundation because my skin is clear anyway and it never matches my skin because I am pale with rosy cheeks.

PrinceOfCats said:
I mix foundation and concealer with conditioner and I use the same huge tube of foundation for like a whole year instead of buying fresh.

conditioner ?? as in hair conditioner??:shock: ..or conditioner as in make-up primer?
I'm lost:huh:

^ I think that's my fault :lol:

I've had my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer for more than a year :ninja: I can't do anything about it, that thing is endless :lol:

CelineChic said:
I do 80's blush! I'm always told to just blend bluch on the apples of my cheeks but I always suck in my cheeks and do my entire cheekbone :ninja:

YES!! :buzz: :clap:

does that make your cheekbones pop? i might try it sometime.

anyways...i also looove the super fake blush look. clean pale skin, and super bright pink or peach blush thats really obviously not natural. i've been seeing that a lot.

boho_babe said:
Yeh, I am the same too. I don't really wear any foundation because my skin is clear anyway and it never matches my skin because I am pale with rosy cheeks.

I don't use foundation or concealer, either.

Firstly, my sallow complexion is impossible to match.

Secondly, my cheeks are already rosy.

Thirdly, I have bad skin, so you would see bumps anyway. :yuk:

I know girls that put concealer on their lips because they dont like the natural pinky colour. I have to admit that I did do that in grade 7, but I grew out of it! Thank God! :lol:

i still feel the urge to tan! no tan! very bad very bad!

hailtothethief said:
does that make your cheekbones pop? i might try it sometime.

anyways...i also looove the super fake blush look. clean pale skin, and super bright pink or peach blush thats really obviously not natural. i've been seeing that a lot.

If the blush has has a bit of shine in it my cheekbones really pop out. It really defines my cheekbones and makes my face look super slim.

The best colour to do this with is "02 Pink Shimmer" from Estee Lauder.

Alejandro said:
Loves the Gia look :heart:

I do it too, but I exxagerate it to the extreme :ninja:

:rofl: ... brown contour blush for that hollow cheekbones look... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"