Makeup dont's that you do!

I do that too! I think my make up don'ts are do's as far as someone who is into fashion is concerned, but not for your average mainstream girlie, with nice pink dolly cheeks and very pale matte skin with not a hint of tan. I hate tan, and I HATE bronzer, stop being confused by that please!

For me, bronzer just isn't an option, I'm so pale that if I use it I look like I'm auditioning for the play Cats, I just look stripy and orange.....I just wish everyone would just accept their skin for the colour it was meant to be. Working in the makeup industry I can't tell you how many women I've tried to talk out of buying foundation that was either way
too dark or way too light, it's frustrating I just want to shake them.

Not removing makeup before bed... I'm very very very guilty of doing this. But then again, I hardly ever put on HEAPS, and my foundation doesn't seem to be causing any pimples, so hopefully I'm fine...

Not taking off your makeup can still clog and dull your skin over time. Have you considered using makeup-removing wipes? They work swiftly and without fuss. I have a pack right next to my bed for those nights when I just want to collapse into a deep sleep.

Stay in the bath for too long when the water is probably far too hot; and slather my skin (especially my face) in excessive amounts of moisturizer thinking it will beautify my skin and banish wrinkles when really all it's likely doing is clogging up my pores.

Putting wayyy too much moisturizer that clogs my pores. Clumps mascara and i put way too much on but everybody asks me if i have fake lashes so it must kind of work. I put too much bronzer in the winter...but u know what i dont care cuz at least i know when i wash my face it goes off not like a fake tan that ruins the skin!! And ....i sometimes sleep with make-up on...thinking its gonna look dewy in the morning.. a big NOT lol...but im lazy what can i say :D

Since middle school I've been doing this thing where I put concealer on over under eye circles or blemishes and then let it "soak in" for as long as possible (sometimes up to an hour!). I know it doesn't really do anything but it's just a weird make-up habit I've had for years

^ i have been doing that with blemishes. its just so hard to cover but i dont have any makeup thats heavier than 'light coverage'. so i just dab it on with CHANEL concealer brush(its a small one), let it sit a few mins and pat it in with the concealer brush. it covers way better than trying to blend it right away because when i do that it really doesnt cover at all. but i have to make sure my skin is properly moisturized because my blemishes always try to 'kill themselves' and dry themselves out, i dont even need those acne creams to do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->