Marc By Marc Jacobs, Spring/summer 05

This is shapeless, too. I love the tassle belt though.

very frumpy....not a good 'look'

i do like this skirt
post-852-1095194265_thumb.jpg

overall unflattering, not very good. i really dont see any pieces ( besides the skirt i like ) that really stand out. the exagerated high waist and new kids hat were dissapointments, i dont like super low waist that much but this is too high, mixed with all the layering, i cant see anyone looking good in this.

hmmm...not bad at first glance...i like all the layering...i like the paperbag waists...i like the conrtrast trim ...and the colour blocking...that's definitely another trend----

must look again...and consider...

Soft-I took your advice and had a second look.

I'd be interested in seeing the rest of it, but there is very little that I like posted here. The first dress is one. It seems like everything is ill fitting, as it was in the Marc Jacobs show. His shows always have that vintage/thrift store vibe, but this really looks like it was put together from Goodwill.

The shorts that I pointed out in the trendspotting thread are all over this show.

Horrendous

In my opinion, Marc Jacobs is one of those designer's whose creations are just so...bland. Nothing eye-popping about them. This one doesn't even have a good match of colors.

It's unimpressive, but perfect for the Marc girl.

I find that Marc Jacobs tends to attract a lot of anti-designer, anti-establishment girls...who frou frou upon those who flock to Prada and Gucci. The appeal of his line is that it isn't well designed, looks kinda worn, but still exudes a certain style....I won't say grunge chic, but something very close. It's not supposed to match, it's not supposed to line up or be cohesive....that's the appeal of his line...talk to a few girls who like Marc Jacobs (both the collection & difffusion lines) and many will even claim it's vintage. :rolleyes: Vintage MJ!!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 14 2004, 07:32 PM
I find that Marc Jacobs tends to attract a lot of anti-designer, anti-establishment girls...who frou frou upon those who flock to Prada and Gucci. The appeal of his line is that it isn't well designed, looks kinda worn, but still exudes a certain style....I won't say grunge chic, but something very close. It's not supposed to match, it's not supposed to line up or be cohesive....that's the appeal of his line...talk to a few girls who like Marc Jacobs (both the collection & difffusion lines) and many will even claim it's vintage. :rolleyes: Vintage MJ!!! :lol: :lol:
[snapback]367372[/snapback]​

I think that's maybe how the Marc line started out when first launched in 2001. I remember those Sargeant Pepper denim jackets as being legitimately fresh and cool. But somewhere along the line, Marc became more of a teenybopper line and the design focus shifted from something that was truly a little dirty and gritty (some people might say "downtown" :rolleyes: ) to extremely preppy, logoed trash. This collection is bad and if you took away the little touches of styling here and there, it would mostly be basic stuff you could snap up at GAP or J.Crew. Except like $250 for a polo shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->