Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

i hope he he had a blast doing this 80s colllection because I honestly dont want to so see him do another one , as it is we see enough mugler and montana clones currently , its time to say good bye to the most hideous period of fashion , I know , I lived through the 80s .

in London it is over already, time to americans enjoys the 80's a bit.

aggreesively glaring but grossly agogo Sprouse/Jeremy Scott feeling

in London it is over already, time to americans enjoys the 80's a bit.

thank god , anyways London is always ahead in fashion so thats a good thing , its over there .

Am I crazy because I love this? I love the 80's tackiness. So far, some pieces look too tacky, but others are are just the right amount of tackiness.

I love the concept too and how each model was styled differently to represent individuality. Or at least the hair:P

It is hard to follow his amazing collection last season. I love and hate this collection at the same time. But one thing's for sure - I can't wait to see how it translates on the rack and as separate pieces. I think I might love it.

66fbcj.jpg

getty via Atelier in freja's thread

i think the eye make up and the kimono coats are the way it translates to high street .

YUCK.

Why anyone would consciously want to bring back the 80's is beyond me. It was full of hideous colour combinations, unflattering-unfeminine silhouettes and just general tackiness.

For me, this is probably THE worst Marc Jacobs collection ever.

And furthermore, I can't see how any woman would want to pay thousands of dollars for something like this. Especially given the economic climate this collection just seems a bit self-indulgent for Marc. I'd expect women to invest in more timeless, classic pieces. Seasonless clothes. This looks very trendy and very of-the-moment; so I can't see the immediate appeal.

Besides this is just messy and it seems disorganized. Theres no unity throughout and everything looks forced and pretentious.

:innocent:

i like it a lot. the colors are so fun!....a lot of it seems like it could be marc by marc though.

YUCK.

Why anyone would consciously want to bring back the 80's is beyond me. It was full of hideous colour combinations, unflattering-unfeminine silhouettes and just general tackiness.

For me, this is probably THE worst Marc Jacobs collection ever.

And furthermore, I can't see how any woman would want to pay thousands of dollars for something like this. Especially given the economic climate this collection just seems a bit self-indulgent for Marc. I'd expect women to invest in more timeless, classic pieces. Seasonless clothes. This looks very trendy and very of-the-moment; so I can't see the immediate appeal.

Besides this is just messy and it seems disorganized. Theres no unity throughout and everything looks forced and pretentious.

:innocent:

That's a big statement considering we've only seen a handful of images.

that outfit the frejas is wearing looks nice ,this collection is all over the place, i like those pants

^^ I agree. First time this season I think. It's a cool purse she's wearing too.

i cant wait to see detail shots of the bags and the SHOES as i fear im gonna love them...

well yes , this has got to be the tackiest MJ collection but its soo tacky its fun , I understand where he is going with this , MJ oscililates from a very powerful collection like like last springs , to this frivilous silly one , but I just hope he doesnt venture into this era again LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->