Marc Jacobs F/W 11.12 Men's Campaign: Cerith Wyn Evans by Juergen Teller

nzkiwiboy

Reaction score
Ok, So I saw the Marc Jacobs F/W 2011 Men's Campaign and I was like.....what?! :sick: I thought it was fake, but it isn't! The "model" is artist Cerith Wyn Evans. I don't understand this at all, what do you guys think of it?

models.com

Gimmick. That's what I think. Like Helena's, it's weird just for the sake of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

It gives me the an idea for balloon/paper weights. Horrible!

This is crap, we know that Marc Jacobs loves to be irreverent with his campaigns but this is beyond the limit. In the first image the model looks like a pedophile neighbor spying you though the window, and the balloons one... :censored:

That is not fashion at all, maybe for old people, actually no, that's not fashion to anyone except pedophiles. I am quite disgusted at it tbh.

ahahaha
this is f*cking sick!

maybe something more extreme woulda been cool too
but this is perfect

Is this considered advertising?!?
It looks soooooo child molestor! This ad gives the creeps!!!!!! :(:cry::doh::shock::blink::ninja:
This is just B A D! :yuk::sick:

disgusting... another horror from Juergen Teller...

disgusting... another horror from Juergen Teller...

You're soo right! I don't how Juergen Teller is still a photographer! :blink:
I never saw anything that i like from his work ..... N E V E R!!! :ninja:
And the guy is still here! Ohh well!:innocent:

You're soo right! I don't how Juergen Teller is still a photographer! :blink:
I never saw anything that i like from his work ..... N E V E R!!! :ninja:
And the guy is still here! Ohh well!:innocent:

I would understand if they were using him purely because he is doing something edgy and new but he's been doing this (excessively flashed pictures) like at least for 10 years which is kind of obsolete in fashion terms let alone distasteful... I still cannot forget him his editorial with KMcM. Still having nightmares... lol...

i dont see how this is gross... dont u guys get tired of the same pretty glamour crap all the time?

Who said anything glamor? Why do people keeping bringing that up. Who is asking for glamor?

No one is asking for glamor, but no one is asking for anything perversion either. How far can fashion really go? At what point does a photo stop being considered fashion? Balloons tied to the genitals of a man for an advertisement? At what point does it go too far? This is an example of how the industry pushes that boundary. The focus on the clothing is lost and instead, we are looking at his genitals.

Another example is Kristen McMenamy's editorial in 032c, also by Juergen Teller, where her vagina and anus are fully exposed. Quite frankly, it's not even shocking anymore, it's just tiresome and contrived.

Aren't you tired of perversion/nudity/vulgarity forced down your throat all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ No I'm actually not tired of it. I dont feel we have enough of this perversion. When people get used to it and dont find it "gross" anymore than it will be enough. I also like that they didnt use a male model, I am a big fan of male models but its nice to see a random person every now and then on an ad.

It is funny tho how most people liked that famous Gucci ad with Carmen Kass and her G shaved pubic hair and find the ad a classic rather than perverted or disgusting. But most people prob like that because: 1. its a woman, we're more used to seeing a woman's vagina in fashion, 2. Its "classy" and I bet if that same ad got released today it would have the same impact it had when it 1st came out, and 3. The people in the ad are models. Beautiful, young, and perfect models and they're also dressed.

But I guess I like perversion and looking at an old man's genitals... I guess im the only one here who doesnt find it vulgar

Jüergen Teller needs to stay away from fashion photography.

^ No I'm actually not tired of it. I dont feel we have enough of this perversion. When people get used to it and dont find it "gross" anymore than it will be enough. I also like that they didnt use a male model, I am a big fan of male models but its nice to see a random person every now and then on an ad.

It is funny tho how most people liked that famous Gucci ad with Carmen Kass and her G shaved pubic hair and find the ad a classic rather than perverted or disgusting. But most people prob like that because: 1. its a woman, we're more used to seeing a woman's vagina in fashion, 2. Its "classy" and I bet if that same ad got released today it would have the same impact it had when it 1st came out, and 3. The people in the ad are models. Beautiful, young, and perfect models and they're also dressed.

But I guess I like perversion and looking at an old man's genitals... I guess im the only one here who doesnt find it vulgar

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I think you answered your own questions in regards to glamor. Maybe others aren't tired of it as you aren't tired of sexuality. It's as simple as that, just a personal opinion. And everyone has a different definition for what is vulgar to them.

I do agree with you on the double standards in the industry. Male nudity is still considered a taboo and it shouldn't be. Like recently, Steven Klein's editorial for Arena Homme+ was banned from the issue (except the special edition which it was published in) due to full frontal nudity of the male models, yet, female models are always naked in Vogue Paris and it's fine. This needs to change. The male body should not be shamed.

I find neither this, the 032c editorial I spoke of, nor the Gucci campaign you mentioned vulgar. I just question their necessity and their intentions, because nothing is really shocking anymore.

Will we see this is american Vogue pages? Anna loves Marc, but how much?

this ad keeps the ball running for Marc Jacobs - but its very crude :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->