Marc Jacobs F/W 2016.17 by David Sims

Kendall looks like a goth princess :blush:... Katie did such a great job, Marc loves him some Katie Grand :heart:...

I love the last two images with Kendall and the three models, my favorites so far among Missy Elliot's.

I actually prefer this behind the scenes shot of Kendall...

tumblr_o96mklcDK21tqq2cuo1_1280.jpg

allthingskendall.tumblr

^ Actually, she would have been perfect for this!

^^My thoughts exactly. Kinda shocked that Helena wasn't in this campaign tbh, she was one of the first people that came to mind when I saw the show.

What a mess. I hate this new direction he's going in. His collections are overcomplicated and bloated and so are his campaigns. It's just one thing on top of another. Men wearing dresses, ott styling, and excessively large cast's. Groundbreaking! All I have to say to Marc is, Snap out of it!

What a mess. I hate this new direction he's going in. His collections are overcomplicated and bloated and so are his campaigns. It's just one thing on top of another. Men wearing dresses, ott styling, and excessively large cast's. Groundbreaking! All I have to say to Marc is, Snap out of it!

Ditto, I can't with his recent work: too much emboroidery, flourishes and too little ideas. Not to mention tacky and ham-fisted.

I'm obsessed with this. It may be the same general concept that Jacobs and team have gone with three seasons running but my god does it work. It's such a simple idea but it's decidedly not simple to get it right, and Marc REALLY knows how to get it right. I mean just think about the people he's gotten to participate in just these last three campaigns and it's kind of mind boggling. With personalities like theirs who the hell needs some pseudo-new, faux-artsy concept??

Courtney, Marilyn, Missy, Sissy, Juno, Cara...a-f***ing-mazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
When there are so many people involved in a campaign I switch off... It bores me.

When there are so many people involved in a campaign I switch off... It bores me.

I wouldn't say bored for me, but it is kind of a turn off when there are so many different shots of different people in an ad. (Marc Jacobs, Wang, Givenchy as of late) The way Prada SS14 was done didn't bother me at all, but the recent Marc Jacobs ads just have too much going on; even if they were studio-shot. Its like he is literally (trying to) show/ing every piece he sent down the runway in the advertisement.

would love to see molly and lexi in this and maybe sora choi too. Great campaign.

Is he going to have 30 people for this ad again?

I like some of the images though. And yeah, I would love to see Molly, Lexi, and Sora here. I think they'll fit the mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said when this mass casting trend started, the logistics of this is all up to c*ck, print wise. I find that most of the shots gets scattered across different titles. You'll need to buy a lot of different magazines in order to see all the shots, and in most cases it's one shot/double page. He must have a lot of cash to throw around.

I also wonder how he compensates all these people?

:woot: FABULOUS! :woot:
wonderful characters: dark, mysterious, fun, exciting, & oh-so-downtown.

Another day, another shot

ADWOA & TYG, Duo

Fashion is undoubtedly about outward, external beauty. As the late Bill Cunningham once said, “fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” But in its most pure and honest form, true beauty comes from within.
The kind hearted, soft spoken, upbeat and down to earth Tyg Davison opened our Fall ’16 show. For me, Tyg represents another young woman who brings a certain positive energy to fittings on the late nights and early mornings before a fashion show (paying homage to her namesake, Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh!). It takes a certain desire and willingness to push through the unrelenting hours day after day.
One of the over arching themes behind the fashion in this Fall ’16 ad campaign is the inherent love that exists within each individual portrayed in the world we worked to create. Being able to love and accept oneself is a key to finding genuine love and acceptance for others. Beyond her extraordinary beauty, Adwoa Aboah embodies a certain courage and strength that is beyond her years. By publicly and openly sharing her experience with addiction via @gurlstalk, as a woman, a daughter, a working professional, and a human being, Adwoa is providing a great service to others. Her personal story is one that I strongly identify with having struggled most of my life with my own addictions. I am humbled by her bravery, openness and service.

Adwoa and Tyg by David Sims for Fall ’16.

SUSAN, Seduction

Like so many teenagers, I spent countless Friday and Saturday nights at midnight screenings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the 8th Street Playhouse (which is still standing!) and the Festival Theatre on 57th Street (which has long since closed). TRHPS was a coming of age and right of passage. It became an invitation (or excuse) to dress up and express oneself fearlessly. The cult classic made it cool for boys to wear sequins, satin and fishnets. I fell in love with Susan Sarandon’s onscreen portrayal of Janet during her “loss of innocence” scene by way of a crossdressing alien and her giddy, ecstatic rendition of, “touch-a, touch-a, touch me…” There was a subtle rebellious quality that I found in Susan with how she chose to play Janet and perhaps (as I now look back on it) her decision as a young actor to take a role in a film that challenged the notion of gender roles.
In the hyper-stylized, gothic film, The Hunger, Susan’s portrayal as the lesbian love interest of vampire Catherine Deneuve was yet another progressive challenging of normal and a testament to Susan’s artistic exploration of boundaries.

It was in my early days at Perry Ellis when I first had the privilege of meeting Susan. Her intelligence, courage, strength, conviction and ballsiness has always been so admirable to me. There’s an inherent seductive quality in Susan as a woman who always speaks her mind and an artist who takes risks. Her talent as an actress is one of extraordinary range, talent and power.

The stunning Susan Sarandon by David Sims for our Fall ’16 ad campaign.
instagram.com/marcjacobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->