Marcelo Burlon - Editor

Marvystone

blue blue electric blue
Reaction score
jumpjump.jpg

A day in the life of..
8 a.m.

Just woke up. I need a caffè Americano with lots of sugar. I’m Dazeddigital.com’s guest blogger this week so I have to cover all the fashion week stuff. Previously Julia Restoin-Roitfeld covered New York fashion week, and now it’s my turn. Today is all about meetings. I’m running to photographer Vicky Trombetta’s studio to finish the casting for our fashion story in Rodeo magazine. We’re looking for ten new girls; it will be fun to see all these new faces. Chanel and Lakshmi are confirmed. Very exciting.

11 a.m.

I have a meeting with Casey Spooner for a quick brief about my party. It’s called “Pink Is Punk” and Fischerspooner is the guest DJ. It’s going to be very tough because not everyone can get in. The capacity is only 300 people, and because it’s fashion week, we only let in friends, and of those only the ones with the best looks!

11:30 a.m.

The phone’s ringing. It’s my best mate, Riccardo Tisci. He wants me to listen to the music for his show, which will be on Sunday, March 8. I met Ricky many years ago and I fell in love with his vision and aesthetic. In fact, I was his PR person for the first three years of his career before Paris called.

12 p.m.

I’m starting to feel hungry. I may stop by Cucchi to have a quick sandwich and see some old Milanese ladies wearing incredible outfits.

12:30 p.m.

Meeting with Andreina Longhi to go over the Rodnik show Saturday night at Superstudio. After that I’m running to lunch with Margherita Missoni to give her a birthday present. Her family’s show was yesterday, always nice and warm.
2:20 p.m.

Bruce Pask is on the phone. He’s coming to Paris in a few weeks and he wants to know what hotel I usually stay in. Sorry, but I can’t tell you guys; it’s my secret place. Bruce is a very nice guy; we met a few weeks ago but it seems like we’ve known each other for much longer.

3 p.m.

Back to the castings. We need four more girls, but it’s difficult because they are all busy with shows.

5:30 p.m.

The Burberry Prorsum show is going to be fun. I’m bringing Fischerspooner with me; he’s the star and we’ve got front-row seats.

7 p.m.

I’m shooting a portrait of Andrea Rosso, 55DSL’s creative director and a very good friend. 55DSL is celebrating 15 years in the market. Mr. Renzo Rosso, his father, loves this brand and I can see he’s very proud of what Andrea does.

8 p.m.

Next is the Jil Sander show. I can’t be late because I’m meeting Raf Simons after the show for an interview for Rodeo. We are all excited!

9:30 p.m.

It’s time for dinner. We’re going to a local restaurant far away from fashion, far from the spotlight. I’ll call some friends to join us.

11 p.m.

The party starts! I’m doing the warm-up before DJ Fischerspooner. Tonight is the night. 600 people were invited, but only 300 will be the lucky ones.

5 a.m.

End of the party, one of the best in my entire career. Clap your hands and buona notte.
style

Unknown-10.jpeg

Marcelo Burlon cut his teeth at Dolce & Gabbana and Alessandro Dell’Acqua as event promoter and celebrities pr. He subsequently moved to collaborate with a roster of clients including Karla Otto, Slam Jam, Attila & Co, Nike, Adidas, Diesel, all the while keeping up his role as pr person for budding designer Riccardo Tisci, who is now creative director at Givenchy in Paris. While working in public relations for contemporary art space Cardi Gallery, a role he still keeps to this day, Marcelo also served as pr person and fashion editor at Rodeo Magazine, further honing his insight into fashion both as system and as a means of communication. Going completely solo in 2006, Marcelo Burlon counts Alexander McQueen, Maison Martin Margiela,Givenchy, Versace, Kiehl’s, Calvin Klein, Lee, Kitsuné, among his latest clients.
jcreport

:woot: wonderful, marvy. I've loved nearly everything I've seen from Rodeo and finally we have the name (and thread) behind such a creative publication. thank you!!.

Style.com listed him as editor in chief but
the rodeo masthead says he is senior fashion editor - so I think the
title should be changed..

He IS the editor in chief. He used to be senior fashion editor and he recently got the position.

marceloburlongivenchy.jpg

jakandjil.com

Last edited by a moderator:
so Rodeo still exist someone told me they close down, because they didn't sell...I 'm happy it still exhist yeah!!!

tumblrkwt04v8ett1qzwof2.jpg

Marcelo Burlon at the Givenchy F/W 2010 Men’s show at La Sorbonne, Paris. Photo Olivier Zahm
purple-diary.com

4328048649733ae7bd6eo.jpg

4328048995c7b67f30feo.jpg

432804924321ff886a2ao.jpg

4328048825fdb2d0ce82o.jpg

alltheprettybirds@blogspot

DJing at Mariacarla Boscono's birthday:

PFW - GIVENCHY PARTY

img4836j.jpg

img4839.jpg

img5241v.jpg

icanteachyouhowtodoit.com

Very distinguished. He pulls off stars quite well. Not even many females can do that.

He is from my country really cool man

^Until the other day, I thought he was Italian. Rich mix of cultures!

^there's an intimacy in this picture that inspires a million questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->