Marni S/ S 05

Originally posted by nqth@Sep 29 2004, 06:09 AM
I didn't know much about Marni. Many thanks, Softgrey and Metal for explaining:-)
[snapback]379191[/snapback]​

sure...no problem...
:flower:

i've been a fan for awhile now...funny to see how many designers are adopting the 'marni' look...
this is one of her stronger collections...absolutely... :heart:

I like some of it, but most of it I don't like. I also agree about the so-called Prada influence. Come on, the woman has no direction - just because she is so pop and her collections are most visible, doesn't mean others copy her - very well maybe the other way around.

i dont think Consuello is in anyway inspired by Miuccia, i seriously think its the OTHER way round hehehhee :angel:

absolutley lena...

btw...it seems to me that men don't love this collections as much as women... i think it's too loose and slouchy...which is why i like it-it's comfortable and chic...but i think men like to see more fitted clothing on women... at least that's what i've observed...

hmmm... :unsure: ...too bad for them that this is now becomeing a HUGE trend...hheeheeee.... :innocent:

Originally posted by runner@Sep 29 2004, 05:33 AM
thanks Lena for WWD review

from the first (?) Marni home collection which just arrived at Tokyo store.
[snapback]379240[/snapback]​

ohh very nice!

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 29 2004, 12:17 PM
absolutley lena...

btw...it seems to me that men don't love this collections as much as women... i think it's too loose and slouchy...which is why i like it-it's comfortable and chic...but i think men like to see more fitted clothing on women... at least that's what i've observed...

hmmm... :unsure: ...too bad for them that this is now becomeing a HUGE trend...hheeheeee.... :innocent:
[snapback]379369[/snapback]​

:brows: too bad :innocent:

Originally posted by helena@Sep 29 2004, 05:38 PM
:brows: too bad :innocent:
[snapback]379392[/snapback]​

they'll get used to it :innocent: :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 29 2004, 12:49 PM
^_^ :lol:
[snapback]379407[/snapback]​

:bounce: may we all wear Marni did death us do part!

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 29 2004, 11:17 AM
absolutley lena...

[snapback]379369[/snapback]​

tight does not equal sexy...and again i think it's a problem with the models not the clothes. most people i know who wear marni are readily (and overtly) sexy (in that thrown off and disheveled way) and it's all about the way these clothes fall around a woman's curves...of course this isn't readily apparent with breastless size negative zero women, but for REAL women i think these clothes are extremely sexy.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 29 2004, 06:25 PM
i think it's a problem with the models not the clothes.

most people i know who wear marni are readily (and overtly) sexy (in that thrown off and disheveled way) and it's all about the way these clothes fall around a woman's curves...of course this isn't readily apparent with breastless size negative zero women, but for REAL women i think these clothes are extremely sexy.
[snapback]379441[/snapback]​

i so agree mikeijames :flower:

Just a little tidbit I read from Carmen Kass' interview - every model loves the Marni show because they give you free clothes :flower:

free clothes...!!! :o :o
i want some...!!!

WHAT?

hmph if only i was 7 or 8 inches taller! I would so rock that marni runway and run away with free clothes :lol:

that first picture of Gemma in the green dress makes me scream :shock: :wink: :flower:

very typical Marni, it also gives me the feeling that I'm looking at some of her past collections, sort of a new and strong combination of the old.

I love the hippie/slouchy thing and all... and I usually LOVE Marni, but this season I'm just not feeling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->