Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for BikBok

Potato

Reaction score
Their first collection for BikBok in Norway launched today.

Here is an interview of the girls in Oslo
http://minmote.no/video/?id=66536

Both wearing pieces from the collection.

There were some nice things, I came home with a biig bag, containting a perfect plaid shirt, wool sweater, bag, ring and the coat that MK is wearing in the video and picture below. Looking forward to fall now! Then again, I live in Norway, so I suppose the fall will come soon enough :wink:

Norwegian blogger Ulrikke Lund posted this picture
czyl.jpg

Source: Ulrikke Lund's Facebook page

There will probably be some more photos, videos and interviews later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for Bik Bok

The Row, Elizabeth & James, Olsenboye... and Bik Bok?
Yep, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have yet another fashion line hitting stores. The Olsen twins are collaborating with Bik Bok, a trendy Norwegian retailer that offers pared-down, Scandi cool at Topshop prices. Mary-Kate and Ashley have designed three collections for Fall 2013, the first of which they launched at a meet-and-greet event in Oslo on Wednesday.
"Ashley and I are thrilled with our Fall 2013 Bik Bok collaboration. We feel the collection reflects our personal style and will connect with the Scandinavian girl," Mary-Kate states on Bik Bok's website. And the collection does indeed reflect their personal style -- the Bik Bok by Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen Collection appears to be heavily inspired by The Row, the Olsens' high-end line of luxury basics.
There are black structural jackets and skinny black "leather" leggings on offer, plus tailored sweaters, silky blouses, gold jewelry and the boxy bags the Olsens have become known for. The aesthetic is The Row meets Saint Laurent with a dose of Scandi cool, and the prices start as low as 9.95 euros (around $14).
Try getting The Row or Saint Laurent for those prices. The first of the three Bik Bok by Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen collections are now online, but only available for order for shoppers in Norway and Sweden. The rest of us will have to settle for browsing the photos, below. (huffingtonpost)

Attachments

• bik2.jpg
    bik2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 33
  • bik1.jpg
    bik1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 34
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pose for a photo call at the launch of their new fashion line with the Scandinavian brand Bik Bok on Wednesday (August 7) in Oslo, Norway.

“Ashley and I are thrilled with our Fall 2013 Bik Bok collaboration. We feel the collection reflects our personal style and will connect with the Scandinavian girl,” Mary-Kate previously said about the new fashion line.

“We’ve enjoyed the design process with the Bik Bok team and are excited to visit Oslo and Stockholm to launch the first of three collections in August,” Ashley added.

justjared.com

hm, interesting.

I'm feeling a Saint Laurent debut collection vibe, but that may just be the hat and model combo

Still BAFFLED that Bik Bok would collaborate with MK and Ash and not make it available in North America...

Can someone explain?

They are probably trying to focus on the international market. The Olsen's have already saturated the American market with their own brand and it's multiple smaller projects...

Still BAFFLED that Bik Bok would collaborate with MK and Ash and not make it available in North America...

Can someone explain?

It's a norwegian store, why would they suddenly sell some of their clothes in the US? That wouldn't exactly make much sense if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a norwegian store, why would they suddenly sell some of their clothes in the US? That wouldn't exactly make much sense if you ask me.

My logic is that BIK BOK is collaborating with American designers who, arguably, has the biggest following in America. It seems like a glaring missed opportunity for BIK BOK to enter new markets, such as North America. I get the brand is Norwegian, but shouldn't they be interested in growth. This seemed like a good way to do it...

My logic is that BIK BOK is collaborating with American designers who, arguably, has the biggest following in America. It seems like a glaring missed opportunity for BIK BOK to enter new markets, such as North America. I get the brand is Norwegian, but shouldn't they be interested in growth. This seemed like a good way to do it...

Perhaps. But expanding, and especially expanding to such a big country, with a different customer portfolio with different tastes, is a huge desicion business wise. It would take a lot of work and I'm not sure it would be as favourable financially as you might think. They are probably interested in growth, but economical growth does not necessarily come with geographical growth. Even though a lot of MK&A's fanbase is located in North America, just deciding to expand to another country is not a simple decision, and they would have to adjust the rest of their image to the new market as well.

Maybe they could have found a solution to ship just this collection to the US, but my guess is also this would be followed by excessive expenses. Plus I guess that would mean they would have to produce a lot more pieces, and this collection was supposed to be somewhat exclusive compared to their other pieces...

To be honest, other than this collaboration, Bik Bok doesn't really offer anything you couldn't find in Forever 21.

Bik Bok presents the third and final collection in collaboration with Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen. The color scale this time is light and fresh tones of army green, beige, blue and white. The collection will be released in selected stores and online at bikbok.com December 5th.

FACEBOOK.COM/BIKBOK

When I was in Copenhagen , Denmark last month I had chance to take a look at MK-ASHLEY OLSEN Collection for BIKBOK in store and chatted with SA abit and I just liked 2 pieces: skinny jeans and snake ring and I had chance to buy the snake skin I was after it (so MK style)

Love the latest collection, just wish I could find a way to buy it in North America.

I actually met them when they were in Stockholm, first in line (almost). They were the sweetest. I have a lot of pieces from all three drops - and I still wear all of them to this day. Some of the pieces had really good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->