Megan Ewing

Oh, and before I forget... another picture! :wink:

Her belly looks... oddly bulgy here. :huh: Maybe it's just her dress...? :doh:

megan-elleit-03.jpg

Awww I've always really liked her. I remember when she did a shoot for Victoria's Secret and Adrianna was like..."I'm taking her under my wing, she's the next big thing"

Megan Ewing is gorgeous but was for whatever reason one of those models branded tragically un-hip. The whole baby thing didn't help either.

I'm sure she will still make tons of money- without achieving "high fashion" success... For whatever that is worth...

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Nov 16 2004, 09:14 PM
Megan Ewing is gorgeous but was for whatever reason one of those models branded tragically un-hip. The whole baby thing didn't help either.
[snapback]435120[/snapback]​
What baby thing?

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 16 2004, 11:27 PM
What baby thing?
[snapback]435209[/snapback]​

Erm... yeah... Megan kind of... er... got pregnant and... um... delivered a son... uh... early in 2003.

Yeah, it was a bit of a shock for her fans too. :shock:

One of her friends from Texas ultimately broke the news on her Megan Ewing site. Here is what she said about Megan:

01/02/03- Cool date huh? Anyway, Megan is pregnant, I have heard around 7 months, so be expecting a baby soon!

And eventually, she talked to my friend Trimalynn, gave her a candid, and told her the news.

A picture of Megan (in high school) with her friend. (BTW, credit to her friend and Trimalynn of MeganEwing.net.)

megnran.jpg

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Nov 16 2004, 09:14 PM

I'm sure she will still make tons of money- without achieving "high fashion" success... For whatever that is worth...
[snapback]435120[/snapback]​

Oddly enough, Megan managed to be high fashion for about 5 seconds at the beginning of her career. Mario Sorrenti shot her for Spanish Vogue sometime in 2001. She also did covers/editorials for other prestigious fashion mags like Italian Elle (as we're seeing now), Mexican Elle (will put this up later, courtesy of Trimalynn), French Marie Claire (first a cover, then an editorial) and French Elle (at least rumored.)

She's still pretty "un-hip" in the United States, where people only know her as "the Guess Girl." She ain't going to be appearing in Vogue anytime soon, at least. But she's done much more in Europe and Asia.

And yes, I think she's made a good bit of money so far! She's done 6 campaigns for Guess, more work for companies like La Perla and Skiny, catalogs for Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret, Newport News, etc. I just hope she gets another campaign soon-- she has a baby to care for now.

Part of the SPANISH VOGUE Editorial:

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Originally posted by funnyfan@Nov 17 2004, 01:20 AM
Erm... yeah... Megan kind of... er... got pregnant and... um... delivered a son... uh... early in 2003.
[snapback]435320[/snapback]​
:o How old was she, and who is the father? Is he helping support and raise the kid?

Originally posted by Carsten@Nov 17 2004, 09:09 AM
megan_ewing.jpg

[snapback]435641[/snapback]​

:heart:

So cute. Thank you Carsten! I think she took that pic very early on... she must have been only 13 or 14 there...

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 17 2004, 02:20 AM
:o How old was she, and who is the father?  Is he helping support and raise the kid?
[snapback]435388[/snapback]​

She had the baby in early 2003, when she was 18. She was probably 17 when she conceived, given her September birthday.

Don't know anything abt the father, though. There are rumors that she had a boyfriend but really... who can know? :doh:

I really HOPE her son's father is still in contact with his kid and is supporting him and her... but I have no real info. I doubt anyone besides Megan, her family and her friends do. :ninja:

From italian elle.

I honestly believe this is one of megan's best pictures, and this alone could prove how potentially high-fashion she could have become if she didn't become a commercial model and have such a healthy build. (Honestly, i think her hips alone ruined her potential highER fashion career.)

She just looks so stunning in this picture. And she's not the only beautiful thing in it-- I love the color, the composition, the styling... everything about this picture! Seriously, it's just a visual treat. *heart*

megan-elleit-05.jpg

Originally posted by funnyfan@Nov 17 2004, 01:30 AM
4.jpg

[snapback]435329[/snapback]​

Wow, love this photo of her. :heart:

Her look was always more editorial than commercial, so besides bad management, there isn't any other reason that I can think of which could explain why she didn't break into 'high fashion'. Oh and not to be controversial or anything but I think she is a tad 'bigger' than most of the girls on the runway so that might be another thing ...

Originally posted by jessa010@Nov 17 2004, 06:45 PM
Wow, love this photo of her.  :heart:

Her look was always more editorial than commercial, so besides bad management, there isn't any other reason that I can think of which could explain why she didn't break into 'high fashion'. Oh and not to be controversial or anything but I think she is a tad 'bigger' than most of the girls on the runway so that might be another thing ...
[snapback]436435[/snapback]​

I think Megan suffered from bad management for YEARS on end. Before she hooked up with Marilyn Agency in New York, she was with (and is still with!) Clipse Agency of Texas, run by someone I think is wholly incompetant-- Ty Kilinc. He probably pushed her to appear in magazines like Maxim and Gear, which probably hurt her image in the long run. :(

And yeah, Megan Ewing is (I think) a size 4 or size 6, with big hips and big shoulders. She's definitely skinny to *normal* people, but she's far too (quote unquote) "fat" for high fashion. That's probably why she did Spanish Vogue when she was 15... she hadn't filled out then!

I'm not deluding myself by think she'd ever do US Vogue... but she would be an excellent US Elle model (since she's already done Ellegirl, Elle Mexico, Elle Italy and Elle France.) It would be a step up from catalog work, anyway. :ninja:

Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 18 2004, 12:17 AM
I like Kim Smith better.
[snapback]436852[/snapback]​

Kim versus Megan is a long-running match that has never yet been solved! :P

Seriously, a LOT of peope compare the two of them... because they are both with the same agency (Clipse of Dallas), both are often tailed around by the same smarmy manager (Ty Kilinc), both have worked for the same companies (Guess, Victoria's Secret) and both have even done magazine shoots together. I don't think the rift between Megan fans and Kim fans will ever to healed. :lol:

Kim has an arguably better body, what with her huge bosom and ... but I don't think Kim's often weird looking faces comes within sneering distance of Megan's beautiful visage. Want a closer look? Compare the two in this candid picture taken in the Maxim Hot 100 party in 2001.

maxim4.jpg

Another Elle Italy picture! :heart:

Anyway, I don't know who the hell the statue is supposed to be of, but he's way cool. Too bad he takes up more of the pic than Megan. :P

And this pic SO reminds me of gaguin's works, with Megan as the tropical island goddess... with a flower in her hair and everything. :heart: :heart: :heart:

megan-elleit-06.jpg

gauguin.jpg

Don't go spreading the pregnancy rumor as though it's fact. You might lean one way or another, but no one in Megan's camp has ever affirmed it, therefore I will not take it to be true until there is viable proof.

Originally posted by gogopilgrim@Oct 21 2004, 02:54 AM
those last 2 photos are from elle italy... a really beautiful editorial in hawaii. i have the issue so i will try to find it and scan (once my scanner decides to work again)

edit: just found it - elle italy may 2001, 12 pages by doug ordway
[snapback]403335[/snapback]​

Question, is it May or July?

Does the magazine you have, have the blue bikini cover? Because Luglio means July. Or is this Italian editorial from a magazine with a different cover? Sorry, I'm doing an update for meganewing.net and I wanted to make sure I was putting the proper information :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->