Mel Gibson arrested for drunken driving

Fabulyss said:
Mel has always been a nutcase. I can't believe anyone actually saw The Passion of the Christ :rolleyes:
Well millions did including me and i was deeply moved by it.Call me stupid:rolleyes:

Even if his career is over,he is the richest actor in the world.I mean the dude is worth between 850-950 millions dollers.No only that,his production company releases quite a few movies as well.I dont think he will be hurting on the money front at all.I think he will bounce back.They always do.

Sonja

Me too^

Gosh I hope he (and Tom!) sorts himself out. He was comic genius in the Mad Max films and seemed like a nice guy. I honestly think that there is only so long you can live in Hollywood before getting a lovely problemo like alcoholism. All the 80s idols... Well give it a decade and it will be Felicity and Buffy and Dicaprio and the Dawson's Creek lot falling over the edge. 20 years is a long time in that town.

i dont think its the alcoholism problem that is making him a racist anti-jew hater...me thinks he's always been racist and alcohol just un-masked him...i don't like mel gibson anymore.

^I'm not surprised he's racist towards Jews. He's the one with the father who denied the Holocaust ever occured.

splatooey said:
i dont think its the alcoholism problem that is making him a racist anti-jew hater...me thinks he's always been racist and alcohol just un-masked him...i don't like mel gibson anymore.

Agreed.

I've never been drunk but I hang out with a lot of people who do and I've never heard anyone spew out racial slurs/statements when drunk.

Say goodbye to what was left of your career Mr. Gibson.

^I really really really hope Hollywood turns its back on him.

What an a-hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've known people to say really stupid horrible things when they're drunk, not because they believe them, or agree with them but because they've heard somebody else say it at some point and the brain just messes it up when they're out of control from drinking.

From Perez Hilton

Mel Suicidal?

The spin control has begun and is in overdrive!!
Mel Gibson's publicist, Alan Nierob, just told the Los Angeles Times that his client "is fighting for his life" in his struggle with drinking.
And, according to the L.A. Weekly, a source "intimate" with the Gibson situation tells reporter Nikki Finke that Gibson "was really on the verge of suicide because he felt he was helpless to alcohol and didn't know what to do about it. That's why he was driving around 90 miles an hour. This was a death wish. "
Continues the L.A. Weekly's source: "If that cop hadn't stopped him, this guy was going to be wrapped around a pole. This is such a bigger issue than 'Will he work again?' This is about his not wanting to live anymore. I've seen what he's gone through and what he's going through. You have to understand the disease of alcoholism. He was back in it. There's no doubt in my mind he was trying to kill himself that night."
And, the most clever spin of all: Gibson allegedly suffered a "blackout" and doesn't remember making any anti-Semitic statements.
That's such a George W. Bush move!
"He had alcoholic blackout syndrome," confided Finke's source. "I don't know a lot about it. I've not had a lot of experience with it. He has some recollection of parts of the evenings. But he's not denying he said those things, and if anything he's owning up to it. But nobody could verify it. Not even he or his lawyers have seen the police report yet."
Alan Nierob and all the Gibson "confidantes" are gonna have to work much harder to stop the bloodletting in Hollywood. We're not sure what it's gonna take, and neither is the ABC network, who just dropped a Mel-produced project.
Expect more of that to come!

^ Alcoholic blackout syndrome??!!? What?! He dosen't remeber making those comments? :blink:

Give me a BREAK!! He was driving around 90 miles an hour because he was DRUNK not suicidal! No one could verify him saying those things? Didn't the cop verify it?

Uh, like anyone's going to beleive a word his PUBLISCT says.:doh:

"That's such a George W. Bush move!"

So true.

Let me tell you a little bit about alchoholic blackout syndrome:

Once I was housesitting a lady's cats on Nob Hill (right behind the Fairmount, view of Coit Tower and the Bay, and a garden in the back, lovely), and I got particularly drunk on vodka at shift-off at the Warfield, where I worked late. Somehow, I crawled up Powell St. and found my way to the apartment.

I never let the cats in the bedroom with me because they invariably would sleep on my face. I like cats, but not on my face. The aparment was cold with hardwood floors, so I had a pile of blankets on the bed, and thought I'd sealed the door tight to keep out the cats.

The next morning I woke up, went to the bathroom, and saw that the central blanket from the pile on the bed was on the bathroom floor. Puzzling, somehow I'd managed to get one blanket off the bed, from the middle of all the blankets, in a dead drunk. And I didn't remember getting up to use the bathroom at all.

Next, I looked in the bathroom closet for more toilet paper, and saw that everything--about four big shelves of shampoo, toiletries, TP, etc---had gone missing. Looking out into the living room from the bathroom, everything had been thrown with some force--presumably at a feline target---into the living room. Don't remember this, either.

Finally, I looked in the bathroom mirror at my face--yes!--long, bloody cat scratches down my face. The mystery was unraveling: I didn't shut the bedroom door, the cat got on my face, I arose in a blind drunken rage, the cat clawed my face, I chased the cat through the apartment in a blind drunken rage into the bathroom, flung some projectiles at it, and went back to bed. All without even the barest refrain of emotion or memory upon seeing the results of my idiot drunkeness. I wanted to feel remorse, but my first impulse was "somebody else had to be in the apartment." I know damn well there wasn't.

The cat was alright, by the way. I'm not sure if I flung any ethnic slurs at it. I'm guessing I probably did, Christ forgive me. I didn't know I was so angry with cats. I used to rescue rabbits from their jaws as children, so maybe I still hold a grudge for all the clawing. Or maybe it's that superior way they stare at you. I like cats. Some of my best friends are cats. Cats like me.

So, Mel, I know I forgive you, if it makes any difference. Just stay away from the sauce before someone gets hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mel Gibson: 'I am not an anti-Semite'

Tuesday, August 1, 2006; Posted: 2:06 p.m. EDT (18:06 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor Mel Gibson on Tuesday admitted making anti-Semitic remarks during his drunken driving arrest and appealed to the Jewish community to help him recover from his alcohol addiction.

"I'm not just asking for forgiveness," Gibson said in a statement issued through his publicist. "I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one on one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing."

Gibson, 50, said, "There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thithe Fashion Spot - Post New Threadnks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark."

He apologized to "everyone in the Jewish community."

"Please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith," Gibson said. (Read the full statement.)

Gibson was arrested in Malibu early Friday for alleged drunken driving.

The Academy Award winning actor-director is in an "ongoing" recovery program after his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, his publicist, Alan Nierob, said Monday.

Meanwhile, Hollywood speculated about the fallout from Gibson's reported anti-Semitic and sexist remarks from Friday's arrest. (Watch how the incident could affect Gibson's career -- 1:54)

Members of the Jewish community greeted Gibson's most recent statement favorably.

"We are glad that Mel Gibson has finally owned up to the fact that he made anti-Semitic remarks, and his apology sounds sincere. We welcome his efforts to repair the damage he has caused," Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, told The Associated Press. "Once he completes his rehabilitation for alcohol abuse, we will be ready and willing to help him with his second rehabilitation to combat this disease of prejudice."

"I welcome his words. And I hope and pray that they are sincere and heartfelt," but Gibson needs to show "tangible actions" of repentance, Rabbi Mark S. Diamond of the 280-member Board of Rabbis of Southern California told the AP.

"I don't want to minimize for a moment the hurt and anger, the anguish, his words have created in our community," he said. As the details of Gibson's arrest dominated water cooler conversations, the future of his high-profile projects came under question. The projects include a Mayan-language film called "Apocalypto" due later this year. A miniseries set during the Holocaust, which was to be produced in partnership with ABC, has been canceled by the network.

TMZ.com, which broke the story that Gibson had been arrested early Friday, reported Monday that the actor was stopped twice previously in the past three years "for reckless driving" but was let go without being cited. (Watch reaction to Gibson's alleged "f------ Jews" remark -- 3:00)
CNN could not immediately confirm the report by TMZ, which is owned by CNN parent company Time Warner. Gibson's representatives had no comment.

In addition, authorities involved in his arrest continued to fend off suggestions that they had "sanitized" a deputy's report.
Gibson issued a statement over the weekend saying that he drove and should not have after drinking alcohol on Thursday night.
Gibson apologizes

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said in the statement.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said a preliminary test showed Gibson's blood alcohol level was 0.12. California's legal limit is .08. Gibson was released after posting $5,000 bond, and has not been charged, though he may be, the department said.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said, and I apologize to anyone who I have offended," Gibson said in his statement.
The Sheriff's Department stood by its initial release that Gibson's arrest occurred "without incident."

"Every time somebody is arrested, something out of the ordinary happens, but guns don't always have to be drawn. Without incident means without force," said spokesman Steve Whitmore.

TMZ reported that the deputy who arrested Gibson wrote a detailed report but that the Sheriff's Department released a much shorter version that left out many details -- including Gibson's angry comments. TMZ said it has four pages of the original report, which is how it learned the details of what Gibson allegedly said.

Whitmore denied allegations the report had been "sanitized" and vowed the final version will contain all the details, "lock, stock and barrel."
In the past, Gibson has participated in a Sheriff's Department charity that provides aid to the children of slain deputies. But Whitmore said Gibson was given no special treatment in his arrest.

"I will say it as long as you wish me to: absolutely not," he told reporters Monday.

The Sheriff's Department and Gibson's representatives have not commented on what Gibson said during his arrest.
Profanity-laced tirade reported

TMZ reported it was a profanity-laced tirade, and that the deputy audiotaped it. TMZ did not say it had heard the audiotape.
The Web site reported that Gibson's alleged remarks included: "(Expletive) Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."
Nierob told CNN the actor has nothing more to add to his written statement, which did not specify what he said at the time of his arrest.
The Anti-Defamation League, which combats anti-Semitism and other forms of hatred, issued a statement branding Gibson an anti-Semite.
"Mel Gibson's apology is unremorseful and insufficient. It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism," said ADL National Director Abraham Foxman.
Gibson faced accusations of anti-Semitism during the publicity storm that surrounded his 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ." Foxman wrote that Gibson's "tirade finally reveals his true self" and shows his previous claims "that he is such a tolerant, loving person, were a sham."
Foxman added, "We would hope that Hollywood now would realize the bigot in their midst and that they will distance themselves from this anti-Semite."
The long-term effects of the events remained unclear, but headlines about the actor -- who also won an Oscar for directing "Braveheart" -- offered a glimpse of the challenges ahead for him.
" 'Despicable' words could taint Gibson," said the Hollywood Reporter. "Gibson gaffe could impact career," read Variety. A Los Angeles Times news analysis said, "Crossing this line could cost him deals."

CNN.com

Oh Mel, this is like a hug from Jesus...

heh, don't mess with the Jews in Hollywood! :muscles::lol:

I dont think this will help what he said and the way he acted was really uncalled for so i am not sure people are buying into this.I like Mel but i was shocked by what he said and no matter if he was drunk or not it wasnt cool specially with whats happening in the middle east at the moment!

"Mel Gibson's apology is unremorseful and insufficient. It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism," said ADL National Director Abraham Foxman.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing Mel for this, but I'm just wondering: what would a proper apology be? Donating a few million to the ADL? Doing community service that aims at helping the Jewish community?

They'll never 'forgive' him for this. Not only was this a horrible thing for him to say, but from a business perspective: a few big-wigs in Hollywood now have Mel Gibson wrapped around their finger.

VainJane said:
It's such a shame.

Apparently Mel is going the way of Tom Cruise -- crazy. Just like I miss the old Tom, I now miss the old Mel.

Mel and Tom have gone into the realm of 'nutcase' while Paris Hilton just seems to get more powerful each day...what is the world coming to? :unsure:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG so true and f***** scary!!!:(

8-1gibson-mugshot.jpg

eitmonline.com

Left: Mel before he went driving
Right: Mel's Mugshot :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->