MET Costume Institute Gala 2014: "Charles James: Beyond Fashion"

So excited for tonight, but sad to hear that there won't be a live stream.

I don't understand why there's no livestream? It makes no sense! You're supposed to be moving forward digitally, not backwards. I really felt that it made the Gala more fun even with the incompetent interviewers.

I do fear that with this theme that a lot of the looks will end up being too tame. I know a lot of people criticised last year, but I thought it was super fun seeing everybody go "out there".

I know Gugu Mbatha-Raw is wearing Lanvin. I don't know about the mystery guest, but I wish Maggie Gyllenhaal were wearing Lanvin instead of what is most likely going to be a bland lace dress from Valentino.

Ruth Wilson is wearing Erdem. :heart:

I would assume that Sarah Jessica Parker is wearing Oscar de la Renta, her fellow co-chair.

EDIT:

Oh, and my wish list: Carey Mulligan, Rooney Mara, Jennifer Connelly (in Louis Vuitton!), Michelle Williams (I don't think she's performing Cabaret tonight), Liv Tyler and Mariacarla Boscono.

Last edited by a moderator:
Description of Leighton's gown: (anyone have guesses? I'm not too familiar with Pucci)

We’ve been told that Leighton Meester will be outfitted in an Emilio Pucci gold embroidered tulle long-sleeve gown with a plunging neckline from the Fall/Winter 2014-15 Collection.

Taylor Swift just tweeted that she's in Oscar de la Renta... So that list isn't correct

That moment when your cat casually walks up,then abruptly ATTACKS your custom satin Oscar de la Renta gown during your fitting for Met Ball.
Taylor Swift

Are you sure about the livestream ? On their youtube channel it's written "videos straight from the red carpet", isn't this a livestream ?

screencap from vogue youtube channel

Lea Michele is attending, she instagrammed a close up of a gold dress. Makeup artist Katey Denno also posted that she is doing makeup for Felicity Jones.

Description of Leighton's gown: (anyone have guesses? I'm not too familiar with Pucci)

This is it

_ON_0764.450x675.JPG

style

I do fear that with this theme that a lot of the looks will end up being too tame. I know a lot of people criticised last year, but I thought it was super fun seeing everybody go "out there".

I totally echo your sentiments. I feel like this years dress code is a bit safe, and i will vomit if there will be 90% huge mermaid gowns because some stylist think that is what CJ is about. The whole point of The Met is to go all out, even if you reject the theme, have fun, be outrageous if you want to. I remember seeing photos of Cher attending in Vreeland years, wearing all kind of crazy unforgettable get ups.

Also what is up with that guest list? Maybe its just me, but where are huge A-list celebrities? Very few of them on that list! I hope Michelle attends as well.

Miss_Dalloway: Exactly. We have pretty much every other day in the year for women to wear the mermaid gowns. Not tonight!

It seems that Kristen Stewart hasn't gone for that, thank god. According to jimshi809:

#KristenStewart confirmed to wear #Chanel SS14 couture black&gold sequin, tulle & feather embroidered gown w/ Chanel Fine Jewelry. #MetGala

It should be this one:
Chanel+Spring+2014+cVwJufyaviml.jpg

stylebistro

One part of me wants her to wear the sneakers so we can trash her to now end.

Adele Exarchopoulos is attending... And so is Kendall Jenner apparently...

Topshop posted a photo with a dress on a limo...

@Topshop: Looks like a very special delivery is on it's way! @VogueMagazine @MetMuseum #MetBall #CharlesJames #NYC

Any ideas?!

I´ll be so scared if my dress is "on it´s way" at this hour!

No livestream??????

Reese Witherspoon is apparently attending, as are Victoria Beckham, Ivanka Trump, Rashida Jones, Toni Garrn and Dianna Agron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->