Mickey Rourke

January 27th 2012
Actor Mickey Rourke wore a woolly hat at his hotel today despite the Florida sunshine. Rourke has shaved his head for his upcoming film, Gareth Thomas biopic. Miami Beach, Fl.

isopix.be
(MAVRIXONLINE.COM)

Miami Beach, FL – January 25, 2012
Q-Tip came to LIV at Fontainebleau on Wednesday night with an awesome performance that brought out Miami’s hottest crowd and some special guests including Mickey Rourke and Evan Ross.

worldredeye.com

The Light Group opens BIANCA at Delano in Miami

Written by Ryan

On Thursday January 26th, The Light Group marked their first foray into the Miami market with the grand opening of BIANCA at Delano. Invited guests celebrated the re-launch of Delano with an indoor/outdoor celebration featuring musical performances by both Chris Botti and Little Louie Vega, who was joined by Michelle Rodriguez for his live set.
Additional celebrity attendees included Mickey Rourke, Alex Rodriguez, Selita Ebanks, Jessica Stam, Kevin Connolly, Evan Ross and Sammy Sosa. Both Ebanks and Stam donned Versace while enjoying their evening at South Beach’s most iconic hotel.
lightgroup.com

Mickey Rourke has trademark long hair shaved off in his quest to play Gareth Thomas

By Georgina Littlejohn
26th January 2012

The veteran actor was seen in Miami yesterday where he is currently staying ahead of a restaurant launch party. He invited camera crews into his room at the Delano hotel as his hairdresser brought out the scissors and the clippers.And the next thing stunned onlookers were witnessing was the end of Rourke's long hair as it all came off in place of a tidy crew cut.

Rourke, who won a best actor Bafta and was Oscar-nominated for his role in The Wrestler, wants to explore the psychology of how Thomas — currently in Celebrity Big Brother — was able to hide his sexuality as he played the most macho of sports. ‘It’s a film about a man who played rugby, who was so aggressive when he played — and he happened to be gay,’ Mickey said. ‘It took a lot of courage to be in his world and do that.’

dailymail.co.uk

--------------------------------------

January 26, 2012 – Miami Beach, FL – Thursday night, Las Vegas’ The Light Group marked their first foray into the Miami market with the Grand Opening of BIANCA at Delano. Invited guests celebrated the re-launch of Delano with an indoor/outdoor celebration featuring musical performances by both Chris Botti and Little Louie Vega, who was joined by Michelle Rodriguez for his live set. Additional celebrity attendees included Mickey Rourke, Alex Rodriguez, Selita Ebanks, Jessica Stam, Kevin Connolly, Evan Ross, Sammy Sosa, & Jonathan Cheban. Both Ebanks and Stam donned Versace while enjoying their evening at South Beach’s most iconic hotel.

Mickey Rourke & Chris Paciello

worldredeye.com

March 29 2012

Actor Mickey Rourke, temporary located in Romania for the filming of the thriller "Dead in Tombstone," has announced Thursday, March 29, 2012, in a press conference, that he has decided to adopt a stray dog he found on the set. He's named it Roxy.

zimbio.com
Photo by FameFlynet Pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox make a striking screen couple in writer/director Mitch Glazer’s Passion Play, the just-wrapped romance about a troubled trumpet player and a winged beauty who rescue each other from dire circumstances.

The candid actor checked in from the snowy New Mexico set to discuss his costars and a lesson he learned from Alec Baldwin.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The one paragraph synopsis for this film is a doozy, what with the beautiful circus freak with wings. What about the project caught your attention?

MICKEY ROURKE: We talked about it, oh god, more than 10 years ago. [Writer/director] Mitch Glazer and I went to high school together, and his mother was my English teacher for two years. She was my favorite teacher, and I followed Mitch’s career as a journalist, so we’ve kind of kept in touch over the years.

You play Nate, a down-and-out trumpet player. What sets him on his downward spiral?

He’s got a line in the movie, “I’ve messed up most of my life. I’ve only had two things: my music and my dope, but in the end it’s always been my dope.” And I think the fact that he meets somebody that he has feelings for, who’s different like he is, gives him purpose.

Well, she’s different in a very unique way.

She has wings, so she was sort of an oddity trapped in a carnival act. She’s been a prisoner her whole life, and she has no understanding of trust. She’s very vulnerable and delicate.

That’s a very different side to Megan Fox than the one she’s displayed publicly and in her previous films.

I didn’t know too much about her, except what I read. And I think the pleasant surprise was this girl who’s a world-class beauty turned out to be probably the best young actress I’ve ever worked with. I don’t know if a lot of her films have showcased her acting ability more than, say, being action-oriented, but she really stepped up the plate with this one and was very consistent and professional, beyond her years. At 23, I couldn’t do half of what she’s doing.

The redemptive element of this film, combined with the love of a beautiful woman reminds me, at least a little bit, of The Wrestler. Is that something that resonates with you?

Well, The Wrestler was quite tough. There wasn’t much chemistry there. Uh, that’s a whole other conversation. With Megan and I, there’s a lot of chemistry and a lot of respect. We’re both comfortable with each other. As far as the redemption is concerned, it’s almost fate. It’s not so much that my character is seeking redemption, it’s almost like it falls in my lap by accident. And I try and hold on to it as much as I can.

Bill Murray plays the mobster who has it in for Nate, but when most people think of Bill Murray, they don’t immediately picture a menacing gangster. What was it like working with him in this type of role?

Bill came aboard after another actor pulled out, and I think his unpredictability was a very interesting choice on Mitch’s part. It made me scratch my head in the beginning, but I kind of like the fact that Mitch went against the grain and didn’t use a Hollywood stereotype. Less is more. Bill Murray isn’t your typical scary, spooky guy, and there’s something very unnerving about a guy with a sort of off-the-wall sense of delivery. It’s very unexpected. Some of your worst gangsters are guys who were very low-key.

It’s been about a year since the excitement surrounding your role in The Wrestler. What’s changed for you since then? Has life sped up or slowed down?

Things have sped up. After The Wrestler, I realized I was going to get a second chance to work again after throwing everything away. It’s been a nice ride. I think the lesson I learned was I have to do movies that I respect, with people that I respect, and not for a payday. You know, I was watching this bio on Alec Baldwin the other night, and he did this one movie, The Cooler, and he mentioned how after he did that movie he started to like acting again. I think a lot of us go through a period of time where we don’t. We don’t like it any more, because of whatever reasons — the politics, the game, or just the choices that we’ve made ourselves for monetary reasons or what have you. And I think after The Wrestler, I realized I’ve got to go to work and work with people that I respect. That’s what it’s all about with me now.

popwatch.ew.com

April 19, 2012 21:55

Mickey Rourke confirmed for 'Sin City 2'

Rosario Dawson also returning for 'A Dame To Kill For'

Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson are the first names confirmed to be returning for the Sin City sequel, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Talking to MTV, director Robert Rodriguez divulged little on which new faces might be joining the follow-up, including the Angelina Jolie rumours, but was more forthcoming on who would be coming back. He said:
We haven't done any casting yet, except for the people who we know are already in it and returning. I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped.
As for Jolie's possible inclusion the From Dusk Til Dawn and Planet Terror director said, “I haven't even gotten to meet with her yet about it or discuss with Frank about who we would want.” With her recent fiancé Brad Pitt's connection with Rodriguez buddy Quentin Tarantino the speculation over Angelina taking on some part in the Frank Miller adaptation has resurfaced.

It seems that despite the news earlier this week that Sin City 2 is a definite go, it might still be some time before casting begins in earnest, with Rodriguez still to finish his follow-up to Machete, Machete Kills.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill for has no official release date but is expected to arrive late next year.

nme.com

n4ehTEP.jpg

VUT5iLc.jpg

TOShrah.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

Mickey Rourke attends Premiere of Dimension Films' "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" at TCL Chinese Theatre on August 19, 2014 in Hollywood, California.
nGHiow4.jpg

tzdbLF7.jpg

zimbio

Sin City Star Looking New York City Apartment

Mickey Rourke is coming to Chelsea. According to published reports, movie star Mickey Rourke recently looked at a gut-renovated full-floor three-bedroom apartment with a chef's kitchen at 148 West 28th Street.
The unit was going for $11,750 a month, but the former boxer didn't make his moves fast enough and someone else scooped it up.

Mickey Rourke is getting heat for wearing a T-Shirt of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Rourke is in the country visiting his Russian fiancée's family.
"If I didn't like him, I wouldn't buy the T-shirt believe me. I met him a couple of times and he was a real gentleman, a very cool regular guy, looked me right in the eye. I think he is a good guy. If I didn't, believe I wouldn't wear the T-shirt" Rourke told reporters.

"I have a Russian girlfriend, that's all I care about. Her father is a good person, her mother's great, her babushka's wonderful. To me it's all about family. I don't give a f**k about the politics. That's not my department. Me and politics are like night and day. I never understand it, that's why I'm an artist/actor. I like Russia, but I love USA." And he "wishes for peace all over." Rourke said.

Mickey Rourke can be seen in a new independent movie, "Ashby. Rourke plays a CIA agent with only a few months to live. He calls this role "his best yet."

By Louie Sipher | August 26, 2014 05:40 AM EDT
kpopstarz.com

Mickey Rourke is seen in Beverly Hills.
h94rM69.jpg

bXUW3Hg.jpg

zimbio

Mickey Rourke was certain to attract plenty of attention in a camouflage look when he prowled through Los Angeles on Wednesday

dailymail.co.uk

:(

Actor Mickey Rourke is spotted out for lunch at Cafe Roma in Beverly Hills, California on August 15, 2015.

zimbio

Mickey Rourke arrives in Athens to film new drama Man Of God, 9/8/20
32927316-8710751-image-a-23_1599585229916.jpg
dailymail.co.uk

Mickey Rourke arrived at the Acropolis in Athens ahead of filming. 9/10/20
33023636-8719709-image-a-29_1599762866534.jpg
33023642-8719709-image-a-27_1599762838988.jpg

dailymail.co.uk​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members