Middle-Eastern Models

yup yup Alice Dellal is Iranian, I think her brother is dating Charlotte Casiraghi
And Sara Tabrizi, whose nott that big cause she was on ANTM Season 2 is Iranian

There this other model called Sharon Ghenesh or something, she is from isreal.she made a brief entry in 2003 i think.

I wonder if the culture is one reason there are so few really successful Middle Eastern models. Even Sara from Top Model who was mentioned-I remember she said her father considers modeling prostitution.

Kenza Fourati. She's Tunisian.

Bfd1MvWEEczhsm.jpg

Source: SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011_swimsuit/models/kenza-fourati/

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52/kenza-fourati-68430.html

BUMP!

Hey guys, I came across this Turkish model named Berk Atan and I really like him. I can see him on the international market actually. He won Best Turkish Model 2012 and Best Model of the World 2012. Is there anymore info on him? Stats? Agency?

Shanina Shaik is Australian of Pakistani descent
Kumru Kodamanoglu is Turkish
Hind Sahli is Morroccan
Regina Shnizer is Israeli
Noam Frost is Israeli
Israela Avtau is Israeli of Ethiopian descent

Shiraz Tal is Israeli as is the blonde girl who was the first model on American Vogue during A. Wintour's leadership. Can't remeer her name. And of course there's Hanaa Ben, the lancome model. I think Yamila Diaz is part Lebanese or Syrian.

Michaela Bercu? Esti Ginzburg, Hava Mond and Bohadana Miri are also Israeli.
AJ Abualrub is half arab, Simon Sabbah is half moroccan.
Erjona Ala's family is from Kosovo

Shermine Shahrivar, Amber Le Bon, Nina Brosh, Viola Haqi, Bar Refaeli...

Bump^_^

Imaan Hammam:heart::heart: (Morroccan/Egyptian)
193851-500w.jpg

Gigi Hadid (half Palestinian)
281485-500w.jpg

source: models.com

I joy seeing Imaan, you don't get to see to many models from the Middle East. Even though Gigi isn't exactly my favorite I cannot deny shes beautiful.

Gigi Hadid looks like what most mid east celebrities try to look like by using plastic surgery, so she looks somewhat Lebanese to me because of this.

I think that there aren't that many middle eastern models because in the middle east modelling is considered a...what's the word...shameful?...job. Most mid east parents don't want their daughter flaunting her body for some random person. Also, there's this notion sometimes (and it used to exist with singers and actors too) that some models have to sleep their way to the top, or that they do some questionable immoral thing to get to the top. I'm middle eastern, and I told my mom I wanted to be a model and they had this response: they'll make you do salacious things and you'll have to be sl*tty and sleep around.

Gigi Hadid looks like what most mid east celebrities try to look like by using plastic surgery, so she looks somewhat Lebanese to me because of this.

I think that there aren't that many middle eastern models because in the middle east modelling is considered a...what's the word...shameful?...job. Most mid east parents don't want their daughter flaunting her body for some random person. Also, there's this notion sometimes (and it used to exist with singers and actors too) that some models have to sleep their way to the top, or that they do some questionable immoral thing to get to the top. I'm middle eastern, and I told my mom I wanted to be a model and they had this response: they'll make you do salacious things and you'll have to be sl*tty and sleep around.

Thanks for giving your perspective, I have always wanted to know why there wasn't as many in mainstream of the industry besides the few we get ever so often like Hind Sahli and Hanaa Ben Abdesslem (If they are even considered Middle Eastern). Both of them coming from Northern Africa and Imaan as well, It made me think that it had to do something with it being more cultural. Since no models from the actual Arab Peninsula. And the comment about Gigi I completely see where your coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for giving your perspective, I have always wanted to know why there wasn't as many in mainstream of the industry besides the few we get ever so often like Hind Sahli and Hanaa Ben Abdesslem (If they are even considered Middle Eastern). Both of them coming from Northern Africa and Imaan as well, It made me think that it had to do something with it being more cultural. Since no models from the actual Arab Peninsula. And the comment about Gigi I completely see where your coming from.

For the most part it's just my family's opinion, but it does seem that this is what is thought of models. Reputation for girls and their families is very important, whether they're Christian or Muslim. Also Hind and Hanaa would be middle eastern(at least Hanaa anyway, Tunisia is considered part of the mid east, Morocco is a bit debatable because of the language). I suppose it's also because many mid eastern girls are short and don't have modelesque proportions, and they tend to have big noses that the camera doesn't like. But many east Asians are short, yet you still see a lot of East Asian models, so I don't know if that's a valid reason. Also, countries like Lebanon and the ones more influenced by Europe (I suppose Tunisia can be included here) tend to be less stringent. Egypt and Lebanon are like the Hollywood and NYC of the mid east

I wish we had more middle eastern models with pure middle eastern features like Hanaa, Imaam and Hind. How well to the EML Morocco models do? Also the coastal parts of East Africa and Northern Kenya have girls with some middle eastern blood in them because of the Arabic infiltration. Girls like Malaika Firth and Khadija Adams

Thanx your guys for the insight into such a complex yet lovely region^_^..

Lily McMenamy (half Tunisian)

fashiongonerogue.com

And a updated list of Israeli Models HERE if anyone wanna check it out:flower:.

Shams Ben Mannana (Iraqi & Moroccan decent)
Shams_B.jpg

models.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"