Military F/W 05.06

Spike413

barcode
Reaction score
I've noticed a kind of military trend running through some of the collections. But it's definitly an old world military, very refined, kind of an officer of the Hussars or something like that. In some cases it's very subtle, while others are pretty obvious. I think it's mostly in the coats, the shapes, the details....mainly collars and belts.... and especially when paired with knee-high boots.

Balenciaga
00130m.jpg
00220m.jpg

Christian Dior
00090m.jpg
00110m.jpg

Costume National
00010m.jpg
00060m.jpg

Gucci
00010m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00020m.jpg
00240m.jpg

John Galliano
00030m.jpg
00130m.jpg

Lanvin and Louis Vuitton
00070m.jpg
00050m.jpg

Michael Kors
00020m.jpg
00390m.jpg

Ralph Lauren
00190m.jpg
00270m.jpg

Riccardo Tisci
00070m.jpg
00260m.jpg

Roberto Cavalli and YSL
00180m.jpg
00280m.jpg

all photos: Style.com

omg I love them all.. they are amazing..

I so wish there was some for men..

Especially like the Balenciaga and Michael Kors

couple more examples of this trend:
Eley Kishimoto

00330m.jpg

Giorgio Armani

00660m.jpg

I've noticed this trend as well..im surprised no one has already mentioned it before now. I love Balenciaga this season especially its jackets. :heart:

I've noticed a lot of people over here wearing military jackets as well, with a lot of high street stores selling them like Topshop.

This was taken from the handbag thread, but I really like Kelly Osbourne's jacket here:

acandid032ko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the military trend is similar to the religious trend: it's a nice contrast between the sexual and the austere.

btw. i can't believe how provacative i find those first robert cavalli boots. :shock:

^Not sure if it counts as 'Military' but it's fairly similar....

It's back again..with a decidly more old-world vibe.
Balenciaga, as always, seem to interpret the uniform trends the best :smile:

vintage_princess said:
I've noticed this trend as well..im surprised no one has already mentioned it before now. I love Balenciaga this season especially its jackets. :heart:

I've noticed a lot of people over here wearing military jackets as well, with a lot of high street stores selling them like Topshop.

This was taken from the handbag thread, but I really like Kelly Osbourne's jacket here.
Same, really weird there was no thread yet. I really like Kelly's outfit actually, it doesn't look too flattering on her, but it's well put together ^_^

I bought a white military inspired coat from Mango for only €26,95 on my last shopping spree. I rock at thrift shopping :smartass:

^ I love your avatar!

Mango had a nice white military style jacket in the shop display, but I couldnt find it in the store. :(

It can be a real pain when stores put their best (sold out) pieces in their show window, and you realize that when you're wading your way through the racks.

And thanks, I love it too :ninja:

Can this pass as military style?
Christian Lacroix F/W 05
00020f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back