Catwalk Trends F/W 04.05

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fashionaddict1@Mar 12th, 2004 - 1:57 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Mar 12th, 2004 - 1:16 pm
thanks fashionaddict1...that was a beautifully styled show...the last few seasons have been outstanding...i never would have guessed it was katie... :P

I know - quite mellow for her - but very good all the same - I read she also styles the Vuitton campaign - which I guess is much more her style - Busy girl . . .
that seems odd-why wouldn't alex white style the ads if she styled the show...i guess she must be busy with her new post at W...

the other trend that i feel is more of an overall direction in fashion is comfort and ease....and i say it's about time... [/b][/quote]

Miss Grand works alot with the photographers Mert and Marcus - who do the Vuitton Campaign, so I guess they are a package

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this one but, I loved the use of strong, bold colors a la Gucci, YSL, Versace, Dior (even though I didn't like the collection). My favorite color I think would be any shade of burgundy, plum, aubergine, midnight blue etc....They are such a great alternative to black, and they add a lot of drama to a garment.

I also like the continuation from last seasons exploration of 1930s glamour and decadence. It's not really new but it looks so beautiful. Done best IMO, at Gucci (not literally but the evening dresses and fur stoles had an air of Harlow)

Fitted jackets are also great. They work well as a change from last seasons' trench coats. Best: Gucci python/fur hybrids, YSL peaked shoulder Chinese army-style jackets, McQueen neutral colored tweedy looking jackets.

Overall I love the continual return to going all out to look good with fashion.

Originally posted by Spike413@Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:45 pm
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this one but, I loved the use of strong, bold colors a la Gucci, YSL, Versace, Dior (even though I didn't like the collection). My favorite color I think would be any shade of burgundy, plum, aubergine, midnight blue etc....They are such a great alternative to black, and they add a lot of drama to a garment.
spike...i don't know if i would call the colours you mentioned strong or bold...that makes me think bright! like red or orange or bright pink...

i would call these colours dark and subdued... imo
maybe dramatic...as you said...

but i agree totally with you that they are a great alternative to black an are colours that pretty much look good on everyone... :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:54 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:54 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:45 pm
spike...i don't know if i would call the colours you mentioned strong or bold...that makes me think bright! like red or orange or bright pink...

i would call these colours dark and subdued... imo
maybe dramatic...as you said...

but i agree totally with you that they are a great alternative to black an are colours that pretty much look good on everyone... :flower: :heart: [/b][/quote]
When I said bold, I meant, saturated, strong, colors, ranging from bright...like red, apple green and yellow to deep and dark, like plum and midnight blue. I guess everyone associates different colors with being bold or strong. Sorry if I misled you. :flower:

Have you seen the collection from Gianfranco Ferre?
I loved it!
And an item that I think women would love to wear with heels -on fall- is this one ..

I just got the best find in a charity shop:

A purple and fuschia mohair cape, that was handmade in Scotland. It is beautiful :blush: :heart:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 5th, 2004 - 1:43 pm
Whoo hoo for metallic pants and shoes!! :buzz:
00210f.jpg
00120f.jpg
00490f.jpg

...:innocent:

Okay I am very interested in what the top trends are for this season! Fall/Winter that is! If you can post some pictures that way I can see them! Merci! :flower:

Leather will, as always continue to be massive, fur will be big.

(lovin this jacket!! Scralett os great I think)..

main_pict.jpg

22f.jpg

NM-078T_ap.jpg

I think that red will be big too.

20f.jpg

pencil skirts will be everywhere....

07f.jpg

I see a lot of fur, too..

Designer jeans are EVERYWHERE, it's getting a little maddening. In the higher-fashion concious circles I think flowy trousers will be making alot of appearances. Also, a lot of dresses and skirts as opposed to casual wear.

Cropped jackets and boleros are a big thing, too.

A major influence is going to be old-time opulence, showing through with big baubles, the newly popular brooch, beaded details and the like.

:flower:

Black is definitely the color of fall/winter 2004.

Layering is still in as well as those flower pins. Well I saw lots of differents types of pins on the runway, not just flowers, all sorts of interesting shapes.

Fur, the classic as well as super tight skirts that hit just below the knee. Those are hot, though it's a hassle to walk during the winter with those so tight skirts on!

I myself will be loading on colorful sheer pantyhoses (sheer royal blue and sheer turquoise). Those are hot!

But be creative, be yourself, don't let the runway dictate what you should and shouldn't wear. Follow your insticts honey! :wink:

Black, red, and dark purple and Fur Fur and More fur.

The PR people for designers who use furs are working overtime to make fur more accepted! I know this from some insiders :wink:

Just wondering what you all think the hottest "must have" is this fall...love to hear your ansewers.

i agree with holly...

also brooches...scarves...accessories in general making a huge comeback...

and slouchy boots...suede...

adding up to the above B)

*high waisted everything
*green touches -think accessories
*round toe shoes (preferably with retro heels)
*coats make it huge
*brooches and unsual little nothing accessories
*opaque tights
*bows and low necklines

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back