Military F/W 05.06

Antonio Marras
b360.jpg

perlefine said:
It can be a real pain when stores put their best (sold out) pieces in their show window, and you realize that when you're wading your way through the racks.

And thanks, I love it too :ninja:

It was part of their new stock for Fall/Winter, but I think they just did it to lure people like me into the store :blush:

I got this gorgeous Ralph Lauren button down shirt with epaulets on the shoulder and point-flap pockets, I love it sooo much. It's from the Ralph Lauren Purple Label and I got it for only $70 at the store in Georgetown! Such a deal sicne its worth like $295.

I have this old jacket that I think Im going to add epaulets too, just cause. I think Im gonna but boucle epaulets with a d-ring, that would be cool.

The trend also seems to be a part of the men's collections as well.

Alexander McQueen
00180m.jpg

Burberry Prorsum
00380m.jpg
00410m.jpg

Dolce and Gabbana
00270m.jpg

Gucci
00060m.jpg
00250m.jpg

Louis Vuitton
00190m.jpg
00290m.jpg

Neil Barrett
00100m.jpg

Roberto Cavalli
00280m.jpg

Valentino
00010m.jpg

That first Louis Vuitton jacket is my favorite! I looooove military-inspired stuff. :heart: Thanks to everyone posting in this thread. :flower:

The Vuitton and Burberry ones are my fave for male ^_^

Yohji Yamamoto F/W 05
00030m.jpg

Veronique Branquinho F/W 05 :heart:
00020f.jpg
00270f.jpg

I LOVE military coats, especially the ones by Jean Paul Gaultier, Balenciaga and Eley Kishimoto.

I love this trend! I hope it doesn't become too popular :ninja:

Great thread Spike.

But hasn't military "style" been around for ages....... These types of coats, I've seen them around forever..... But yes, the new shapes are more refined, I like the cuts and the strategic placement of the buttons. Very modern.

love it. :heart:

i have a dark blue jacket with golden buttons, inspired by the Gaultier one..i immediately fell in love with the entire look when i first saw it. it's such clean and elegant trend, especially when paired with night dresses. also, i concur with travolta, it's kind of sexy :P . thanks for starting the thead, spike.

Kimkhuu said:
But hasn't military "style" been around for ages....... These types of coats, I've seen them around forever.....
yeah, they've been around for a few years now..but in different shapes, types and colours think.

balenciaga s/s 05 :wub:
00046.L.JPG

good eye mulletProof, it all started with Balenciaga and it sure is blooming for fw05.06

it is certainly a 'rising' trend much more with fitted jackets that look a bit like cheerleader or 'vintage' army clothes, lots of buttons, high collars, super fitted, sleeves with high cuffs and rushing on shoulders.. its cute, i like it

thanks for the thread but...
KINDLY POST CREDITS FOR ALL PHOTOS POSTED :wink: :flower:

I love this trend i have about 5 different jackets in this style, i love them with big shiney buttons. I also like ones with gold piping. They are so versitile you can were them with loads of things. Ive been wearing myn for ages though, i got my first one around about may.

Yes, Balenciaga is the absolute best in military-esque fashion, IMO.

I love it too, i don't know if it would look good on me i'm too short. :( I want it tho, and it's too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->