Minimalism 2010

I don't think it's only minimalism I am really sensing a strong 90's comeback... it's everywhere and I love it.

I love minimalism in both womens and menswear. The collections of Yigal, Givenchy and Celine are really beautiful.

^IA, minimalism is always 'in', but still I really like the pics you posted.

I love minimalism. I always end up going back to my simple, black, white and grey outfits. It's just what I feel the most comfortable in. My favorite, 'go-to' outfit is always; black skinny pants, a thin fabric white tee (Kain or Alexander Wang T) and a fantastic blazer (my favorites are by Alexander Wang and Helmut Lang) with a beautiful pair of riding boots. I really really love Yigal. I think Helmut Lang is also fantastic.

^^chanelandfur i think we must have the same wardrobe hahahaha. except replace the riding boots with like, intense heels/wedges for me.

i have so much of that alex wang T collection and I was way psyched about the pre-fall collection posted here recently -- i think his strengths actually aren't in 'party/cocktail dresses' and like 'trendy downtown socialite clothes' or whatever, but in very minimal basics a la older helmut lang, and i couldn't agree with you more :smile:

minimalism is always a classic option for casual and weekend wear imo. when i just want to relax i like to just wear minimalist neutral stuff.

I do love minimalism because I can always look clean and orderly.
And you don't have to have lots of clothes to looks stylish. :smile:

Minimalism is almost a way of life. Less is (always) more.
I love Lagerfeld, Philo and Akris' collections. I can definitely see the 'new' modesty that Lagerfeld speaks of...

I love the looks posted so far in this thread. I don't really think of "Minimalism" as a trend though. It's almost like an anti-trend. Minimalism is always there throughout the years countering the "trendy" movements of fashion.

I have to admit i'm quite thankful for this trend. It's so chic and suits everyone, i'm hoping it gets chance to filter down to mainstream stores, just to banish some of the terrible post-grunge trend outfits. Personally i'm really into fabrics so lack of obvious details and gorgeous fabrics and tailoring makes me.. well..:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rofl:

^^ to me these things sort of mix very well... i think the grunge/rock/etc trends look crappy when totally overdone, but i think that generally being minimal is a good way to be able to incorporate trendier pieces without looking like, you know, a fashion victim... i'm also a big accessories and shoe freak and i love keeping the rest of my outfit simple so that i can pile all those on without being an eyesore :wink:

^ I agree. All-out grunge or rock looks great in editorials, but looks a little try-hard on the streets. And also like you said, I try to incorporate trends without looking like a slave to fashion by keeping the rest of my outfit minimal, with clean lines and quality fabrics. It's all about balance!

^yeah as some of you have pointed out minimalism is kinda of out of trends and fashion decades... if it works it works forever. its like... simply not attached to any time choice.

I've decided i'm changing my style from the grunge look to a 50's pretty boy/minimalism look.

I'm talking going from plaid/leather jacket/extreme skinnies to short sleeve brightly colored checkered shirt that's tucked into either shorts or khaki slim pants with some loafers or white sneaks!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR SPRING!!!

I'm just so tired of that alternative punk that seems to have taken over and it's gotten boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->