Minimalism 2010

I'm loving the minimilist look meets the future! Simple, but about the lines! Love it. 2010

i looove the minimalist runway looks, but does anyone have any pics of this being worn on the streets?

^^ divinitus and bizzy who post in WAYWT all the time both tend to wear a lot of cool architectural/minimalist stuff

Minimalism is the only "trend" worth following.

I'd say is more of a cult, really.

^ I definitely agree on that one!

I love minimalism in everything, not only fashion. In art, architecture,
product design, interior design, music,... you name it! :heart:

wow all these images make Richard Nicholl colour-blocking minimalism (which I'm very into right now) seem complicated!!

^^hehe... i think a lot of minimalism now is still a part of this whole austere goth trend and tends to be very monochrome and dark and muted :smile: (see?! even minimalism is subject to trends! oh no!!)

I think minimalism is the wrong word. It's clean, but it's not minimal. These clothes are definitely "worked".

^ Literally came here to post menswear pieces.

Raf Simons

00170m.jpg
00020m.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier

00230m.jpg
00280m.jpg

gq.com

What I love most about minimalism is the fact that it shows a lot of careful, well orchestrated decision and taste. No need for print, embellishment, lace and whatnot (that's entertainment, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that).

I enjoy more elaborate looks but for my personal taste (something that I would wear), I definitely love the more 'simple' look. Minimalist clothing has a certain bold aesthetic that can't ever be emulated. I think it's a flattering look that anyone and everyone is capable of. But if it's done incorrectly, it will look horrible - but if it's done with enough care, it'll rival ANY look.

^ Your post reminded me of one of my favourite London shows of S/S 10.

Osman Yousefzada has always wanted to do an all-white collection, but it wasn't until his recent signing with an Italian licensee that he felt he could truly do the idea justice. As he pointed out, "White leaves you nothing to hide behind." Which makes it a perfectly pure canvas on which a designer can bare his essence, as Valentino and Rifat Ozbek's all-white collections did to spectacular reputation-making effect.
Tim Blanks at style.com

Osman Yousefzada

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00180m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00240m.jpg
00260m.jpg

style.com

^ Your post reminded me of one of my favourite London shows of S/S 10.

Tim Blanks at style.com

Osman Yousefzada

***Please do not quote images in replies***

style.com

me like a lot :D:D:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
minimalism is classic......it never goes out of style!
loving all the clean lines and colours and shapes. its great for those like myself who who would not be caught dead in something too busy :D

I very much hope that minimalism will set the tone for this decade, taking the best from 90’s minimalism with a few tweaks of course. The perfect antidote to the previous decades 80’s influences.

I am loving these photos, and I agree - it is starting to look like the best of the 90's.

However, I am pretty sure that classic design and minimalist style simply is stylish when done well - always has been. It's what creates an icon. Think of certain fashion giants who have, more or less, the same style that they had twenty, thirty years ago.

I feel like minimalism represents personal style more than anything else. Rather than relying on the garments, you rely on yourself and HOW you wear things. The same little black dress can either be stunning and sexy or boring depending on how someone wears it, or chooses to style it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->