Minimalism 2010

i think minimalism is timeless.
Not everyone can pull off most of things a designer create, but with minimalism a lot more people can look good without trying too hard.

I am not a fan of minimalism in every way, but I find most elements to be lovely and refreshing. It doesn't have to be Jil Sander/Celine/CK minimalism - but just the idea of having a good few pieces instead of a lot of sloppy ones. Of course some of that's due to the economy, but I also think it's a reaction to the insanity of the nineties!

I am most excited about everyday wear becoming more dressy and glamourous! I know people are tired and stressed, but personally when I dress up more to go out I feel better instantly. Some of it's people looking to impress to stand out among the crowd in the feeble job market, I think. Then there's the Mad Men influence, the embrace of traditionally feminine fashion and less androgynous models, and the natural backlash against the haute hippe/sloppy moto rocker look that's been pretty ubiquitous. I do love shorts and a white tee as much as anyone, but it's also exciting to break out the red nail polish and waist-cinching dresses!

kw41w.jpg

Scanned by me
Teen Vogue September 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->