Miu Miu 'Matelassé' Handbags 2024 : Gigi Hadid by Steven Meisel

I like the retro feel but it feels like it should have been cropped abit more.

Instantly like it. I'm no big fan of Gigi but she looks good there and the hair works on her. Very retro in a good way.

Looks as if it should have been Arizona Muse fronting this campaign and not Gigi with that hair. The clothes styling isn't very interesting either, a bit too Banana Republic or GAP and doesn't make the bag seem like it's worth anything.

One of the problem with the Hadid, Jenner and others is that their celebrity overshadow the brand and so, it’s not fully believable.
It feels very forced.
She is not a jeune ingénue or a quirky older woman.

The bag feels very out of place, something doesn’t work and I can’t put my finger on it.

Love Madame Yevonde. The colours in this are super beautiful, its actually a nice take on Yevonde's work!

A Quote from the MiuMiu press release about the campaign -

"Gigi herself - halfway between fashion model and cultural figure, as with the sitters Yevonde captured - is the perfect conduit, for this re-awakening of past lives and timeless tribute to pure beauty."

Last edited:
The bag feels out of place for me because it is unappealing compared to the rest. The bag aside, it is sill a stunning ad campaign.

The beauty styling is transporting me back to Vogue Italia April 2008 with Natalia Vodianova, and I'm not complaining. The colouring and lighting here are both just soooo beautiful.

gigi-hadid-miu-miu-bag-campaign-1.jpg
gigi-hadid-miu-miu-bag-campaign-2.jpg
gigi-hadid-miu-miu-bag-campaign-3.jpg
gigi-hadid-miu-miu-bag-campaign-4.jpg
miumiunux_color.1280.1280.jpg
miumiunux_color.1280.1280.jpg

wwd, miumiu

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll see Gigi over the years for the bag campaigns. Once Meisel start a series, it will last.

looks very old Prada...unfortunately Prada now looks very Raf, so sad...

I love the art direction but this looks quite old and stuff for mui mui tbh. Gigi looks mature here

The background is quite cheesy but Gigi looks very elegant.

Remind me again what this girl's appeal is? Her eyes are so dead. Is that popular now?

Love the colors, but it just looks so 2-dimensional.

She just doesn't sell this look for me. It was made for real doll face models like Guinevere, Sasha, etc.

very tragic.
It's perfect material for a silly fashion parody by Celeste Barber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->