Miu Miu S/S 2023 Paris

I really like this collection as it referenced some of the archival Miu Miu looks, including their menswear. It's also full of very strong and pretty timeless pieces. At the same time, I'm not quite sure if this is exactly what will keep the momentum around the brand going. Even if it's sporty and kept in the y2k aesthetic, it may not be flashy enough. That being said, I'm glad Miuccia and Lotta have moved on from that mini set, because it's been such an overexposed look.

I'm just here for Lindsey Wixson swooping something off the runway with her feet. Just Lindsey being Lindsey...

This does look like the kind of collection Kim Jones thought he was doing in Milan. I mean, chuck in a couple of Fun Fur-esque pieces, a nicer shoe and a couple of playfully bourgeois pieces and this would also make a pretty decent Fendi collection.

I do prefer this much more to the micro offerings they've been pushing too much because the novelty wore off so quickly (especially when you knew the exact editorial reference as well...). I think they pulled a couple too many things from the archive though. As the looks went by things started to feel out of sync because of how much they differed in places based on reference. Hated the music as well. Aural diarrhea went to a hyper-pop rave.

Miuccia looked chic as always with her little appearance. I think a lot of us want more of that. Maybe more so at Prada, but still.

some great stuff, i was hating those huge pockets but then at the end they were growing on me already. her shows always make me want to go shopping :D

This is just a confirmation of a long-held suspicion: that Raf is more of a hindrance than anything else at this point.

It's already the third season that, for better or for worse, Miu Miu trumps the mainline on all accounts, mainly Miuccia's ability to be directional and dictate trends. It's something that Prada, alas, is just not anymore.

I wasn't sure where it was going in the beginning, but it actually went somewhere I liked. I will dream of those brown leather pants for many nights, which will surely be too expensive (and I would sweat profusely in leather pants anyway, so.. just a dream).

With the exception of the horrible shoes throughout, this collection seems pretty strong to me and on brand for Miu Miu.
I think Lotta Volkova is doing a great styling job actually here.
The MIU MIU logo on every piece is rather questionable but somehow more tolerable than the Prada triangle.
I hope they finally start to produce the menswear too

I love Miuccia's outfit, she still looks as chic as ever.

This collection just confirmed to me that Miuccia still has it. The younger sister line continues to triumph over the main line proving that she doesn't need anyone. She has more fun here and it shows.
Even the menswear is better than the main line. It's time for Miu Miu men to come back.
Love the styling, Lotta is doing a great job for the brand. Clean and straightforward.

Nothing but love for this collection.

This is a strong and well put-together collection. I actually love it. I see a lot of great full looks AND individual pieces here - would love some of it if I could afford it (and I'm a guy!). It's almost as if Lotta and the team are keeping an eye on which archive Miu Miu/Prada pieces are coveted among the vintage designer Tik Tok Depop girls.

The approach Miuccia and Lotta are taking for Miu Miu is also interesting - each collection since S/S 2022 seems to build off one another. Prior to S/S 2022, each collection would have a different theme and look.

Odd casting though but happy to see Lindsey - she is one the true Miu Miu girls.

Last edited:
Love it; the shoes and skirts (like the one on Fka twigs) are similar to Prada S/S 2013

Love this! The little sister showing the older one how it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishyloverr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->