Miu Miu S/S 2024 Paris

Miuccia does J. Crew. I love the idea because I do get things from J.Crew every now and then, don't judge.

The quintessential Miuccia separates and in especial the leather pieces are great, very much enjoyed / would own those. The hills, driving shoes and the monk straps were surprisingly good as well in it’s simplicity.

It’s nothing amazing and the styling trick is tired at this point, the pieces in brocade and and the look in dark brown leather with the bronze embellishment are beautiful though.

The polos sent me back to my teen days when Miu Miu menswear was a thing and I had one in grey marl which made me feel above my peers because it wasn’t a RL Polo, it was a Miu Miu one…

Lose the logos Miuccia, you’re better than that.

Love the styling, the logo feels quite cheap, but really nice menswear.

NOT the twink of the moment Troye Sivan walking for Miu Miu, that seemed quite random...

Lotta is not responsible for much at all. She always takes the credit as if she designed the collection. Brags about it. Ultimately every designer drops her.
i seriously doubt that, just look at how different miu miu looks compared to the katie grand period.
i find it hard to believe that miuccia suddenly saw the light when lotta came on board.

I thought the collection was beyond awful, the styling is so distracting and gimmicky. Look 29 is where it’s at for me, the rest is an avalanche of clashing elements and turn of the millennium revisionism.

Last season actually managed to balance out the feminine, mid-century charm of Miu Miu with the calculated bad taste and awkwardness of Lotta.

They styling of those colorful panties remind me of Dsquared mens back in the day: speedos or underwear, worn with a shirtless blazer, some Buddy Holly glasses, and, like, a trucker's cap.

The gold pieces are really the only thing that piqued my interest. Other than that, meh.

Those boardshorts are really fun. Tbh miumiu is so much better than Prada now. I suppose raf hasn’t given it his signature kiss of sexless death yet.

lottas styling is a bit too prominent. It would be a really nice collection if the styling was a bit more subtle.

I wonder if Zabaglione is going to Zimbabwe for the fashion week’s council summit to talk sustainability and future?!?

The styling reminds me of Bruce Weber Italian Vogue shoots. A mash up of preppy, speedos/board shorts, hip hop, Palm Beach/Islamorada, Cornelia & CZ Guest… makes me wonder who will shoot the campaign?

Lotta is not responsible for much at all. She always takes the credit as if she designed the collection. Brags about it. Ultimately every designer drops her.
I feel like she has a lot to do with the current aesthetics of today's Miu Miu girl, and I'm sure she has a lot of input in terms of casting. Even comparing to Katie Grand's styling till 2021, it's a world of difference in the feel of the brand as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->