Models Supporting Causes

justinp

Reaction score
Karlie Kloss Shows She Cares
Gisele Bündchen isn’t the only model who has been affected by the disaster in Haiti.

Karlie Kloss was so moved and so inspired to give her assistance to those in need that she started her own blog. It’s called Karlie Cares, and so far there are only four entries, but her devotion to the cause is undeniable.

She explains her motivation: A plane trip back to New York for a modeling job lead to researching images in Haiti and the plan to meet with Lorraine Alexis, who works for a relief organization and is a medical student with a history of visiting Haiti. In addition to meeting with Lorraine, Karlie also chatted with Cedric Desir from Voices For Haiti, and titled her newest post, “An Invitation to Haiti in 2 Months.”

Does that mean Karlie’s planning on heading to Haiti for some volunteer work?
Modelinia

Images via Karlie Cares

such a kind-hearted girl...
it warms my heart and reminds me that I dont love Karlie only for her modeling.
:heart:

I'm not a Karlie fan but I'm moved by her devotion to help the victims of the recent Haiti calamity. :cry: I'm starting to like her now...

i don't like this kind of humanitarian gestures from karlie. sounds too smart and at the same time too distracting...

^ Why would you say that? :huh:

She's taking part in helping all the unfortunate people in Haiti.
It's a very mature and kind thing Karlie is doing. Makes me love her even more! :heart:

karlie really is a nice girl... it does make me love her some more... =]

I IAmLoredZen I was never a huge fan of Karlie .. but she sounds so smart and grounded that I can't help but like her :l

she has a blog:woot: thx for the info & link, I follow it for sure! she is such a great girl!

It's really sweet of her share to help all the people in Haiti ! She has "great" heart ! (I don't know how to say it lol) I am very moved.....:heart::blush:

"Karlie, shut your trap hunny, we don't wan't to hear about your good deeds".....LOL:lol::flower:

models, actors, musicians...politicians??!! i sincerely hope they don't belong to the same category! but politicians, at least the truly aspiring ones, know that once you get to the very top you have to take stand on really controversial and divisive issues (and kindly spare their wives of having to do the same). the politicians get to decide who gets to use the airport and evacuate to safety and who must be left behind and die; the wives get to repeat the same harmless and at the same time meaningless message in front of a tv camera that we have to save all the dying

until those girls get a bit "dumber" and dare to champion a cause that will offend at least some people, i don't want to see them speaking for any causes other than shoes, clothes, perfumes, and cosmetic [/B]products

I am sure glad you don't get to decide who speaks out. And yes politicians - when the ones who aren't directly involved, well they actually can and do speak out on issues. Oh and I like you part about the politicians wives. Good one! I forgot only males are politicians. Looks like you just want to pick at people.

Last edited by a moderator:
female participation in politics - now that is something karlie can speak out on. maybe if more models had supported the more risky candidacy of hilary than those who support the more pleasant candidacy of obama, i wouldn't have started this conversation. but right now this conversation makes me feel like i was talking to a political wife who acted as if i were a tv camera!

^^ I think your previous comments were so vague, that it really did make me believe all you wanted was "dumb superficial" models. But once you elaborated that you would rather have them pick controversial causes (GO BIG or GO HOME kinda thing), I think I was able to get were ur coming from. Eventhough I don't necessarily agree with you:flower: I think Karlie did this from the kindness of her heart ( which is all that matters), and this hopefully will raise her status a little more ( as I can see plenty of press coming from this Teen Vogue, Vogue Us, Harpers Bazaar, WWD etc) Even though thats probably not why she did it.

She's beautiful inside and out. And I glad she's using all her success to help others. <3

female participation in politics - now that is something karlie can speak out on. maybe if more models had supported the more risky candidacy of hilary than those who support the more pleasant candidacy of obama, i wouldn't have started this conversation. but right now this conversation makes me feel like i was talking to a political wife who acted as if i were a tv camera!

Stop being so banal. She does not have to speak about POLITICAL issues in order to discuss the tragedy in Haiti, which is a humanitarian issue. There is no conservative or liberal bias here - just the issue of human safety and welfare. As a person who is alive and additionally privileged, as we all are, she feels she can help - and she can. Your attitude is damaging, honestly. This is about awareness, not "politics."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->