Style.com's Top Ten new models of S/S 08

^Viviane has been around for two seasons already (She opened Dior SS07) -- I guess you could say that she's already had her chance? :/ Plus, with Anabela and Kori in the running for IMG (Not to mention Adina, whom they've left off for now), she really can't match up!

I have to comment that each of these girls look like tweens! :judge:

What happened to the womanly models like Anja Rubik, Natasha Poly, Doutzen Kroes, Hana Soukupova, Raquel Zimmerman, and Eugenia Volodina that don't look like they just graduated from middle school (sans Edita and Ali S.)?
I agree 100%. The only good one is Edita (and she's only OK...I mean, I hardly know who she is). Agnete looks like a less striking version of Adina Fohlin (who I adore). The rest are just SO awful. Especially Lera, Anabela, Siri and Masha.... *** I'm just so sad that these *** have taken the place of the likes of Hilary, Eugenia V, and all those other gorgeous WOMEN.:cry: Sure Hilary and those other girls that you mentioned are hardly past their late teens, but they looked mature, feminine, striking, memorable and most of all beautiful, and most were (well...they still are, of course) beautiful in an unconventional way ***.

Now, the runway is infested with these creatures and I hate it.:angry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, but come on, in the end they're all still human. No one, no one deserves to be labeled a rat or any kind of malignant infestation...It's not these girls' fault that their look happens to fall within current industry trends. In fact, many of us are probably at fault for supporting the situation as it is. I'll bite.

^^Oh, I know...I know I'm harsh towards them, I actually should be directing my anger towards the agencies who find them...and Miuccia who makes them into stars....

I also want more diversity. I really really hope for a great season for girls like Gaye McDonald and Sabina Karlsson for FW 0809, because they are aweome. Esp Gaye :heart:
Hear, hear! I am sad how the lists never seem to be terribly diverse. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is pulling for Sabina to have a great season next time around, she was personally one of my favourite new faces.

wow this is my worst season predicting.. I was 5/10. I dont' get why I excluded Agnete either..

but some of the girls on this list are a surprise to me.

I'm surprised that Lera made it to the list. Since when was opening Marc Jacobs so coveted?. And why is there no mention of Heidi Mount?!:o

I'm glad that Ali, Karlie, Edita, Kori, Anabela and Masha made it to the list though. All of them are very lovely, indeed :heart:

Meghan doesn't need to be included in this list. The girl continues to book such enviable printwork. With the exception of one or 2 girls...she really has no competition here :P

I think Lera also opened Jil Sander (correct me if I'm wrong).

yeah I don't get Lera's inclusion either.. Heidi had a WAY better season than Lera. Lera opened marc jacobs, but so did Olga and she didn't make the list. So weird.

:innocent:good luck trying to pronounce these names...
Ali stephens is gorgeous to me
and in that pic Edita reminds me of Carmen :huh:

yeah I don't get Lera's inclusion either.. Heidi had a WAY better season than Lera. Lera opened marc jacobs, but so did Olga and she didn't make the list. So weird.

I'm guessing that Heidi has been around for too long (She was already in shows like Chanel and Marc during FW06) :flower: Lera didn't open Jil Sander, but she was at least there...and she also opened Marni in Milan. From a New York/Style.com standpoint they probably also wanted at least one person from Supreme as balance ^_^

Edita's the biggest surprise to me. This was technically her third season, and, more importantly, a one-city breakthrough is rarely enough to make the list....

Which makes sense, as it's much harder to follow up that kind of success in your sophomore season (just ask poor Eva Arlauskaite; from Prada, Miu Miu & Givenchy to 'nothing')...

Sheila Marquez had a similar run to Edita's last season, but was overlooked then. I don't even like Sheila :lol: but she walked 60 shows this season, with a really strong finish in Paris with Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, JPG, Galliano, Louis Vuitton, Stella McCartney, YSL... If Masha and Anabela made it as second seasoners, then I feel like Sheila should be there too...

But it's all subjective (duh)... and some girls are just doomed to get overlooked, for one reason or the other...

^ Nah, she showed up in Milan, did two or three very minor shows, and according to someone in her thread didn't even bother staying the whole week in Paris because she wouldn't book anything... :(

well I only got that list so 6 from 10
I have to add that I thought it's about the very new faces

Toni Garrn
Ali Stephens
Siri Tollerod
Taryn Davidson
Karlie Kloss
Flo Gennaro
Edita Vilkeviciute
Lera Sheremeta
Meghan Collison
Adina Forisz