Style.com's Top Ten new models of S/S 08

Yeah that is pretty wierd. I've liked her since she was in that John Galliamo show in fw07, she is such a stunner and had a great season.

^She already opened Dior back in SS07, so it might be a "She missed her chance" sort of situation -_-

^ Yes. I think Viviane's the typical model to get overlooked. She's never been that girl people talk about, even opening Dior didn't seem to cause much of a buzz. She didn't hit the scene with enough of a BAM to be in contention for the SS07 or FW07 lists, and now it kind of feels too late.

And to be picky she actually did NYFW back in SS06 already, so she's been around for some time, even if SS07 was her "proper" launch.

i'm just not really a fan of any of these girls (not yet anyways). the only one that i see that could have major star power is siri (aside from anabela's early success).

I have never even seen most of these peoples. :ermm:
Yeah...weird.:shock:

They're names don't stick, nor do their appearances. Of all the new girls, some are very pretty, some are average, and more than a few are very strange, but regardless of how they look, none of them are really memorable. (except for Masha...how could she not be memorable:innocent:)

I'm sure they're all really sweet girls, though.:wink:

I was expecting Sheila for sure.. and I've never noticed that Agnete bird.. maybe I'm just not very good at playing this game :huh::blush:

Question: what does the word 'mien' mean "with a mien that can morph form gentle to fierce etc."

mien = bearing, manner, appearance

(I had to look it up...)

Glad to see Karlie, Masha and Siri make it to the list! I don't get Ali Stephens, do not like her at all. I'm surprised Jourdan and Ali didn't make it.

Glad to see Karlie, Masha and Siri make it to the list! I don't get Ali Stephens, do not like her at all. I'm surprised Jourdan and Ali didn't make it.

If you're talking about Ali Micheal she was on the list last season. :flower:

What an interesting choice of girls...

As far as most were concerned, Ali, Karlie, Taryn, and Siri were virtual locks, so no surprise there. Agnete, Kori and Lera were kind of waiting in the wings with most of us, as were Anabela and Masha - due to issues of whether or not they constituted as 'new' models. I'm a little surprised actually to see Edita make the list, but I'm quite pleased as well. She did have an exceptional Paris run, and Viva has done wonderful things with her career. I just don't know if that was really enough buzz to trump the three that were overlooked.

Style.com seems to be playing a new game this season. One in which uber-exclusives are being reserved until next season. This could be great for Toni and Adina since they were not as visible in quantity, but certainly in quality. As for Meghan's absence I can certainly understand why. Her show-run was simply not as impressive as it should have been. Still, she has enough editorial clout to make up for it professionally. I thought that this was an interesting little piece of gossip, from Wayne at MDC:

There is one massive campaign breakthrough looming however. I've been warned under penalty of painfull death to keep my arch mouth shut but next week at MDC three new girls will break onto the Top 50 with unusually high positioning. From the murky clouds of new girls rising it is Meghan Collison, Adina Forisz, and Toni Garnn who have the truly super-star editorial and campaign velocity, right this minute. Model spotters can decode those tea leaves I suppose, for what they're worth.
(theimagist.com)

You have to admit that its somewhat ironic the three buzzworthy (for lack of a better, more professional word) girls of the season (though I could certainly argue Toni), were left off the Top Ten...but seem to be having some major things ahead of them. Just goes to show how you cannot put all your faith in Style.com ability to predict success. :lol:

Exciting times!! :woot:

I think that we can expect to see Toni in the Calvin Klein campaign. She certainly created a huge buzz after she walked for them. One thing I've noticed is that the majority of the most promising new faces this season have been under excellent management and have achieved their full potential.

^I thought that someone mentioned that Ali Stephens had booked the Calvin Klein campaign. No mention of what collection though...which could be the reason why Toni was overlooked. Personally, I think that if her uber-exclusive failed to transition into the new mainline face for Calvin Klein, especially in the midst of a Natalia Vodianova-less era for the brand, that would be a really mismanaged situation.

Hmm, I wonder what Adina might have booked in terms of campaigns. I sort of interpreted her "only" nabbing spot 10 on Angus Munro's list as her not creating nearly the same buzz as Irina and Anabela last season.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how the Calvin Klein thing turns out. No mention of Ali, and I personally think it would be weird to put Toni on a one-year worldwide exclusive, basically declaring her "the chosen one", and then not give her the mainline campaign.

But who knows. I certainly know better than to take anything Wayne Sterling/MDC says as a gospel, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Neither the Eastern European girls nor the American ones did anything for me this past season... but the Canucks have been killin' it for the past few years.

Couple of them I like...

It's a shame the top 10 list is boring. I was hoping for a good mix. Not just girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->