Style.com's Top Ten new models of S/S 08

masquerade

God Save McQueen
Reaction score
In the past we have had the speculation and actual thread be separate, so i wasn't sure if i should make a new one or not.

t was a season in which the most coveted slots were reserved for the comeback kids (Mariacarla Boscono, Isabeli Fontana, Erin Wasson, and new mom Natalia Vodianova). But there were still plenty of fresh faces to see—and challenging names to try not to mispronounce. Here are ten of the most memorable, from Lithuania's Edita Vilkeviciute to Ukraine's Lera Sheremata.

Agnete Hegelund
img1.jpg

With a mien that can morph from gentle to fierce, this fair-haired, blue-eyed Dane walked in all four cities, racking up quite a few bookings (and frequent-flier miles) in her inaugural season.

(Agency: Ford)

img2.jpg

Ali Stephens
This Utah high school student and track star sprinted onto the runway only a few weeks after getting signed. Following a Prada exclusive, she wrapped up the season with an enviable Paris show list.

(Agency: Elite)

img3.jpg

Anabela Belikova
After she nabbed three Fall campaigns (Prada, Balenciaga, and Nina Ricci), this baby-faced Belarus native shot to the top of every must-book list.

(Agency: IMG)

img4.jpg

Edita Vilkeviciute
This Lithuanian beauty didn't make an appearance until Paris, but what a week she had, with catwalk gigs at Balenciaga, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton.

(Agency: Viva Paris)

img5.jpg

Karlie Kloss
Who doesn't love a homegrown success story? Fifteen-year-old Chicago native Karlie Kloss used two exclusives (Calvin Klein and Gucci) to show how effortlessly she can go from fresh-faced all-American to Italian bombshell.

(Agency: Elite)

img6.jpg

Kori Richardson
Following in the footsteps of Daria Werbowy and Irina Lazareanu, the tough-but-sweet, Toronto-born Richardson worked her steely gaze on the catwalks at Jil Sander and Yves Saint Laurent.

(Agency: IMG)

img7.jpg

Lera Sheremata
After a stunning debut—she opened, or was that closed, Marc Jacobs' Spring show—the delicate Ukrainian teen with the big green eyes continued to impress at Christopher Kane and Marni.

(Agency: Supreme)

img8.jpg

Masha Tyelna
With her otherworldly looks, the instantly recognizable Tyelna proved the fashion world loves a quirky beauty. This leggy Ukrainian with the saucer-sized eyes was one of the busiest newcomers this season.

(Agency: Women)

img9.jpg

Siri Tollerød
If you don't know her name yet, you will: Her first season out, this lovely Norwegian was cast in one blue-chip show after another, and she's reportedly up for some heavyweight Spring campaigns.

(Agency: Trump)

img10.jpg

Taryn Davidson
This Ontario native has hockey in her blood (Dad was in the NHL), but her appearances at Jil Sander and Chloé proved that she's just as adept with stilettos as she is with sticks.

(Agency: DNA)

all from style.com of course. I'm kinda surprised at Edita being on there. While I like her, I would have expected Adina in her place. I guess opening Prada doesn't mean what it used to. And lol @ the picture and description of Masha

I was just going to post...

Quite surprised that Meghan didn't make it (though that definitely makes sense), and really surprised by the absence of Adina...

And I was SO sure :rolleyes: that Anabela and Masha would be overlooked...

I only had 6 names right. Didn't think Agnete and Edita would make the cut either...

Naiad said:
My list:

Adina Forisz / IMG
Ali Stephens / Elite
Karlie Kloss / Elite
Kori Richardson / IMG
Laura Blokhina / DNA
Lera Sheremeta / Supreme
Meghan Collison / Supreme
Siri Tollerod / Trump
Taryn Davidson / DNA
Toni Garrn / Women

Oh, and I just have to comment on how EVERY SINGLE girl on the list is a CAUCASIAN blue or green eyed BLONDE...

:(

I have to comment that each of these girls look like tweens! :judge:

What happened to the womanly models like Anja Rubik, Natasha Poly, Doutzen Kroes, Hana Soukupova, Raquel Zimmerman, and Eugenia Volodina that don't look like they just graduated from middle school (sans Edita and Ali S.)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me either, except that is a good photo of Siri

*Goes to look at Siri's thread*

Wow, Ali is the only one I like, that's the only picture I've ever seen of her, but she made that Dries make up look!

I'm so surprised Meghan is not there!

surprising that they left toni and meghan out despite both girls scoring big stuff off the runway.

I'm still happy for ali, kori and karlie making it to the list. :heart:

Nah, don't like any of them. Not even Siri after close inspection. They are all too... anaemic.

Even though I picked Adina and Toni for my list, I really applaud the decision to leave them out this time -- it shows that they still have much to prove! :heart: Three cheers for including Agnete and Edita!

1) Adina Forizs / IMG
2) Ali Stephens / Elite (Marilyn Paris)
3) Anabela Belikova / IMG
4) Kori Richardson / IMG
5) Lera Sheremeta / Supreme (Women Milan)
6) Karlie Kloss / Elite (Marilyn Paris)
7) Siri Tollerod / Trump (Joy Milan / Marilyn Paris)
8) Taryn Davidson / DNA (Why Not Milan)
9) Toni Garrn / Women
10) Either Agnete Hegelund / Ford, Laura Blokhina / DNA (Why Not Milan / Viva Paris), or Masha Tyelna / Women
8/10 for me (Since I can't count #10 twice)...good deal!

Oh, and I just have to comment on how EVERY SINGLE girl on the list is a CAUCASIAN blue or green eyed BLONDE...
So true :doh:

8/10 for me.

I'm surprised, yet happy that Meghan didn't make the list, because it really should be based on runway performance and she didn't compare at all IMO to the rest of the girls mentioned.

My list was:
1 Ali Stephens
2 Karlie Kloss
3 Taryn Davidson

4 Toni Garnn
5 Siri Tollerod
6 Lera Sheremeta

7 Adina Forzis
8 Kori Richardson
9 Anabela Belikova
10 Masha Tyelna

I have to comment that each of these girls look like tweens! :judge:

What happened to the womanly models like Anja Rubik, Natasha Poly, Doutzen Kroes, Hana Soukupova, Raquel Zimmerman, and Eugenia Volodina that don't look like they just graduated from middle school (sans Edita and Ali S.)?
Aside from Anabela and Lera, I disagree. It's definitely an issue in general, but this list looks alright for the most part. And it is a newcomers list after all. I don't recall Anja, Natasha or Hana looking all that womanly in their first season... :neutral:

It really was a blonde season, though.

No real surprises on the list, but there were obviously a lot of girls in the running as usual. I didn't expect to see Edita, but she did exceptionally well in Paris, and that was clearly enough. I think Agnete partly made it thanks to not being with IMG/Women/DNA, but she had one of the stronger overall records, and walked a lot, even if she missed the coolest shows.

I did the same as last season 8/10. Damn :doh: And it is lame that there is no diversity whatsoever

Aside from Anabela and Lera, I disagree. It's definitely an issue in general, but this list looks alright for the most part. And it is a newcomers list after all. I don't recall Anja, Natasha or Hana looking all that womanly in their first season... :neutral:

It really was a blonde season, though.

No real surprises on the list, but there were obviously a lot of girls in the running as usual. I didn't expect to see Edita, but she did exceptionally well in Paris, and that was clearly enough. I think Agnete partly made it thanks to not being with IMG/Women/DNA, but she had one of the stronger overall records, and walked a lot, even if she missed the coolest shows.

You bring up a good point, thank you :flower: I didn't realize that.
Of course when models start out they are very young.

I just didn't expect to see at least 8 out of 10 to be like so tweeny. I'd like to see more variety. I mean, maybe the girls that were a little varied in their looks didn't do so well this season, but most of them are caucasian and I'd like to bring in some more Du Juan and Hye girls.

Wow everyone did very well in thier estimations and congratulations to all the girls who had such a tough season, hopefully they will create some beautiful campaigns for this season's designs.

The only new faces I like on this list are Agnete, Karlie, Edita, and Siri

I'm suprised they excluded Sheila and Heidi

My list was:

Kori Richardson
Siri Tolerod
Karlie Kloss
Taryn Davidson
Ali Stephens
Agnete Hegelund
Meghan Collison
Masha Novoselova
Heidi Mount
Anabela Belikova

That's 7/10 which is fine by me...I knew Anabela was gonna be there because she did awesome, but I did not expect Masha. She's also a second seasoner but Anabela did way better. Putting Heidi up would've made more sense.

I also want more diversity. I really really hope for a great season for girls like Gaye McDonald and Sabina Karlsson for FW 0809, because they are aweome. Esp Gaye :heart:

I have to admitt i completely overlooked Agnete - I even had to check if she really did that well and she did. Maybe she just doesnt have this kind of strong look that she would stand out of a line. I am very surprised Meghan didnt make the list and where the hell is Viviane Orth??? I love her and she was almost everywhere this season!
Adina´s and Toni´s is not such a surprise.
I only got 5 out of 10. Maybe i am concentrating too much on the girls i like one way or another :D:P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->