Models that reside in their home town and not in a fashion capital city

well it shouldn't be to hard for Giselle since she is a direct booking type.. but some of the girls listed in this thread I do find interesting.. such as Tanya D in SF. random. but interesting haha

I don't think she stil lives here I think she moved to LA but there are A LOT of Russians here, Ukrainians and Belorussians too, so I think that's why she chose it, otherwise I have no idea.

^ I could be wrong but I don't think Tanya lives in SF anymore. When she was living there she wasn't really doing any modeling anyway.

For a top model.. totally possible. Most of their jobs would be made up of direct bookings anyway, but flying is just a part of the job. Sasha lives in NY, obviously a fashion capital, and I remember in "Les Filles en Vogue" documentary she talked about how she had flown something like 168 times in 2008. It doesn't matter where you live.
For models in development or even some 'established' models... I don't think many can afford that luxury of living at home while still having a career unless they are still in school and just doing the show season and possibly campaign season. It would be too hard with all the castings..

Actually, many models don't actually move to a fashion capital until they are established and can afford it. It's not really necessary to have residence in a fashion capital.

Most girls in development come for the seasons (when it's busy). There are dead periods in all the fashion capitals meaning there are 1-2 month periods in which very little is going on. In New York, December, mid/late July to end of August and October are very slow. Most people in fashion take a very long vacation in August too.
So for a new girl, there's really no point in moving to a fashion capital because most likely there will be several 1-2 month periods in which it will be very very slow for her with nothing else to do. Might as well be in their hometown doing what they normally do outside of modeling. And you know, that's generally how it works. Usually agencies will try to get a girl to come into town for a few weeks and pack it all in her trip then she can go home when it's slow again...and then come back or ship her somewhere that is busy.

This thread is for models that reside in their home town and not where their mother agency is or in a fashion capital.

Like Lindsey Wixson resides in Kansas but her mother agent is Marilyn in New York.

Her mother agent is actually Vision LA. She bought a house in Kansas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->