The Model Agency (Channel 4)

1FashionVictim

Reaction score
It's a documentary series that will be broadcast on Channel 4 in The UK that gives an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at a modelling agency, the agency being Premier Models.

Here's what will happen in it's premiere episode (23 of February:(

Premier are beginning one of their busiest periods: the September Show Season, kicked off, as every season, with New York Fashion Week.

Business for the bookers table means organising their models for shoots, catwalk shows and castings, as well as the day-to-day running of the agency and liaising with 'walk-ins', models' parents, scouts, foreign agents, designers and photographers.

In individual interviews, away from the office, Carole and her bookers talk of their nerves around fashion Weeks, the need to find 'that girl', and the immense pressure to secure shows each season with their models.

The shows in New York, London, Paris and Milan are where the best emerging models - or 'new faces' - are launched, and they are vital to the agency.

Rumours are rippling through the office that one of their young models is showing signs she is overwhelmed in New York ahead of the shows and beginning to question if modelling is right for her. She is one of Premier's most anticipated girls and set to launch a huge career. Head of New Faces Annie is anxious to protect her fledgling and wants to ensure she avoids making a snap decision. This could not only jeopardise her future as a model, but also the years of hard work and preparation invested in her by Premier.

Struggling to understand this unexpected turn of events, the agency works through with its usual jokey squabbles, jibes about cheap tattoos, and all-important group *** breaks, as mother-hen Carole sends Annie on her way to New York to resolve their potential crisis.

channel4.com

Ooohhh this is inneresting though I am constantly distracted by the bitchy male booker with the stripy shirt during interview because his nose looks best friends with some powdery gear.

i JUST watched the first episode and i really enjoyed it ! It was cool seeing the girls that walked in and they took polaroids, i really liked that 5'11 girl even though the casting guy said she is to "big-boned".

The whole situation with India Farrell sucked, she is/was such a beautiful girl but i guess everything kind of overcame and she couldn't cope, i hope she continues with modeling in the future because she is stunning and i could imagine her getting far/doing well.

This was fantastic, but then I'm a sucker for anything that goes behind the scenes of the modelling world.

I have to say, I would sell my own Grandmother to work in an agency, (sorry Grandma)!

When I first heard about this program, I really thought it would end up destroying Premier's reputation as an agency but in fact it was incredibly entertaining. Really liked the head of scouting and India's mother agent seemed very sweet. It really did drag India's name through the mud a little; if she decides to model again, future agents may have seen the program.

The 'big boned' girl seemed perfect but it depends on her measurements and the polaroid's of the girl they found at a theme park were impressive and could be more so if she dyed her hair a lighter shade, perhaps. Very excited for the next episode and sad for India.

Does anyone know where I can watch the episode online? I tried the E4 website but I don't have permission since I'm outside of the UK. :(

In one way I was disappointed for India, turning down such an amazing opportunity but I also can't help admiring her for having the strength to turn her back on all that and just wanting to be a normal teenager. I really hope she doesn't regret it in the future, but the fashion world is tough and it's not for everyone.

India's look reminds me very much of Nimue, you can see why they invested so much time in her.

I know they will probably get a lot of flack from people (like my Mum!) for saying that the blonde girl was 'big-boned' but I think he meant it genuinely, not as a euphemism for 'needs to lose weight'. If you haven't got a slight frame then it doesn't matter how much weight you lose, you still won't achieve those model measurements. Shame though, she was great-looking.

The girl who came in with her family could be really good when she grows out that black hair dye.

Next week it's focusing on the commercial, 'money girls'.

one of the male models i recognised from the vanessa bruno store in mayfair! he is really cool.

I know they will probably get a lot of flack from people (like my Mum!) for saying that the blonde girl was 'big-boned' but I think he meant it genuinely, not as a euphemism for 'needs to lose weight'. If you haven't got a slight frame then it doesn't matter how much weight you lose, you still won't achieve those model measurements. Shame though, she was great-looking.

Yeah, she had a great face; the teams' unwillingness to sign her because of her body made me think how many girls agencies come across who are gorgeous, but have a larger frame due to their height which makes them unsuitable for modelling.

Did anyone else catch some of the agents calling Paul Rowlands (I'm guessing it was him) a d*ckhead?

please please someone upload this so we can watch it in the US!

yes, pleaseee someone upload the episode!

but, here I found 2 short clips from episode one:

you can actually see the whole episode on 4oDDocumentaries channel on YouTube, but I think you must be in UK to watch it...

I got a bit impatient while watching it, I think I expected something a little more business-oriented, and instead I got footage of a bunch of people having cigarette breaks outside their front door, with the occasional moment where they'd be interacting with a model. Still, it shows you that every job has moments where things are absolutely mundane.

It's probably an episode where you're gently introduced to the people, then next week, things will really start moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->