Montreal shopping

Any recommendations for a petite person shopping in Montreal? I'm planning a trip over there in May. I'm 5'2" so I don't have a lot of luck with clothing in general, most of my wardrobe is Banana Republic petites or Guess (because they make skirts and dresses short so they looks like regular length on me), lululemon (free hemming!) and some A&F. I only seem to have good luck with stores aimed at teenagers or adult stores that have petite sizes.

Reviving this thread...

My friend wants to go vintage shopping next Friday but I am absolutely CLUELESS about the friperies and the likes in Montreal. Any specific stores/locations you'd recommend?

Thanks a lot :flower:

can someone tell me where mona moore is in conjunction to old montreal?

i really want to stay there (going for art, not so much shopping), but i do want to stop by MM to see what they have in stock.

i do not really want to take costly cabs, so is the metro easy enough to navigate? will going into downtown for the night be easy?

thanks!

Can someone tell me the BEST place to get your eyebrows done... :blush:

Wow, never been to Reborn!!!!! Just checked out their website and am really excited! :woot:

thesiren - Mona Moore isn't really near Old Montreal although if you're going to be taking the metro it will makes things a lot easier. Mona Moore would be at Guy-Concordia (green line) and then Old Montreal is Place D'Armes/Champs-de-Mars. As for night time, it shouldn't be a problem, the metro here is very easy to navigate and understand. Last train usually departs around 12:30am though.

Kimkhuu - You know I've never really cared about where I get my eyebrows done. I usually go to Spa Diva (in Cours Mont-Royal) but a friend told me about a place that threads eyebrows for $3 by Cote-Vertu metro. I'm too scared to try it though!

^ Thanks for the tip sweetie! :heart:

I'd like to know everyone's thought on SPACE FB's makeover. Like 4 years ago, they were selling yoga friendly active stuff. Not they're moving up a notch into Bedo-Club Monaco level....

:innocent:

i'm not in Montreal anymore, but:

eyebrows- i agree with Spa Diva. a bit on the pricey side, but you'll be pampered like royalty and you'll get to enjoy chocolate-dipped strawberries. it's my favourite spa.

space fb- i got the 'chance' to check out the new boutique inside complexe les ailes...

ewww. i miss the old space fb.... when everything was pretty basic, casual and quirky. now it's look like yes, bedo. not such a good thing.:innocent:

^ But is spa diva really good at shaping fabulous brows, cause I want to de-mess mine up.

thesiren - Mona Moore isn't really near Old Montreal although if you're going to be taking the metro it will makes things a lot easier. Mona Moore would be at Guy-Concordia (green line) and then Old Montreal is Place D'Armes/Champs-de-Mars. As for night time, it shouldn't be a problem, the metro here is very easy to navigate and understand. Last train usually departs around 12:30am though.

yeah if its nice and youre up for a walk it wouldnt be all that far to just walk. just walk up to sherbrooke and then its at like sherbrooke and simpson. make sure to check out Les Creatures which is like the upstairs too for some womens ann, rick ownes, cdg, junya etc (clothing not footwear.) even if its out of your price range its still cool to look at in person :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ But is spa diva really good at shaping fabulous brows, cause I want to de-mess mine up.

hmmm i would think so, they're very professional and renowned, but you should ask for more opinions in case... i don't have a specific person to refer you to, i can't remember her name...

Chocolate covered strawberries are always fun! I've been to Spa Diva/Pure 6 times in the past 2 weeks for various thing. They must think I'm nuts :innocent:

oh lucky you!! they must love you, LOL! i went the day before i left for seoul, i got pampered all day. i recommend the chocolate wrap (enrobage au chocolat) at Spa Diva, a real treat!

Has anyone tried the space fb warehouse on st-laurent, it is next to the original boutique....

.... highest price is 30$!!!!!! They had a winter coat yesterday for that price, and it was sort of Chanel inspired fabric.

...dirt cheap basics as well!

Bedo is having their semi-annual half price sale! :bounce:

.... spotted some GORGEOUS cocktail dresses! :heart:

.... and some great tops too!

I'm really not a fan of Bedo but I'll definitely check out the Space warehouse! I haven't gone shopping along the main in ages.

I'm really not a fan of Bedo but I'll definitely check out the Space warehouse! I haven't gone shopping along the main in ages.

Not usually a big fan either, but they seemed to have many great dresses. They had a sheer fabric cream colored dress which I really want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->