Toronto shopping

I don't know of any stores that cater specifically to the indie rocker genre. Perhaps Urban Outfitters, but I wouldn't spend all my money there since there are better alternatives.

And I don't think it's really possible to buy an entire wardrobe in one day. You've only mentioned needing jeans, shirts and a blazer - you need more items than that to build up a wardrobe. What about sweaters, coats, accessories, shoes, any formal wear?

Building up a wardrobe (in my opinion, I don't know how others perceive it) is a continuing process. You add new pieces as time goes by.. you get inspiration for new looks.. and you add and add.. you cannot rush it; otherwise you'll end up with things that may not really work with your style.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want everything in one store, then Holts. You can spend the whole day there to shop, spa and even eat. It's a fantastic all day place.

holts is expensive. It's not really my style. Even though my sister does get 50% off :P

i think fashion_boi_01 gave some pretty solid advice but i'll just add my two cents...

geestring - you mentioned queen st. - have you been up to eglinton w? there's some really great stores you should check out.

due west, and nomad - on queen st. kind of obvious but worth a mention

also, try going further west on queen st. most people have a tendency to overlook anything west of spadina but there's some little shops worth checking out! klaxon howl for example is pretty great.

oh and uncle otis in yorkville...some of their jeans and t-shirts are yummy.

but i'm not a guy and i've only been in a these stores with friends of mine but i must say that whenever i'm in any of these places i'm constantly thinking: geez, this would look really great on someone and i wish i could wear this! hmm...although i do have a mens j lindeberg belt from tnt man (another great store!!) but had to put extra holes in it lol i couldn't resist it though. anywhoo now i'm rambling...

good luck! and let us know how things go :smile:

^ Yes, you are correct.
I got an email from them earlier today.

I find Holt's sales to be quite a disappointment. Seldom are any nice pieces on sale - it's mostly the unwanted odds and ends. Every year I see a basket (yes, an actual woven one) full off Dsquared belts from past collections for like $70 each. They're quite ridiculous looking.

There are a few cute stores along the Yonge strip, in the Yonge & Eglinton area as well as Yonge & St. Clair. Some are major chain stores others are smaller chains or independent.

So I finally made my way to Second Time Around today and I had some sort of high hopes thinking i just might find something awesome but alas nothing :P Also made a pit stop at Holts and the sale they are having is a bust too. I had high hopes of buying something.. anything today but ended up going home. An attempt will be made again Friday, wish me luck! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
^good luck! :P
i'm going shopping this weekend... might go to bloor-yorkville area if the weather's nice.

^ thanks! :flower: Im heading to Kensingtion Market tomorrow and back to Bay Bloor Saturday. Im on a slight mission for some spring/summer clothes... well if it ever comes...:ninja:

^seriously, where did all this snow come from?!
today was nice, but there's another storm coming tomorrow!! eek. :shock:

^ Honestly, I'm just sitting in here in my office WAITING for it snow, but it's suppose to start this evening... so I still have time to shop! Hopefully it won't be too blistery for you to shop on Saturday.

What's with Holts these days? I was at the Bloor Street store the other day, and their kids' department is GONE! They also don't sell Kate Spade anymore (have they pulled out of Canada completely due to Kate and Andy no longer really running the company?). I knew about the Stila case though...they've pulled out of virtually every department store in North America, except Bloomingdale's I think.

I know this thread is about shopping but any suggestions on food or clubs? I'm going to Toronto this weekend!!

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I am new to Toronto and I need to find a good hair salon. I want something probably under $50 or 60. Can anyone suggest me some? It's hard to find reviews and prices online.

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but I am new to Toronto and I need to find a good hair salon. I want something probably under $50 or 60. Can anyone suggest me some? It's hard to find reviews and prices online.

You could try Caroline at Delineation on Yonge. Its about $60.

I just read about this in a newspaper article this weekend, thought I'd share it here. There's a pop up store open right now, and they mainly sell high quality supima cotton tees, both printed/plain I think. It's called Shared and I don't remember the exact address but the article said beside the Drake Hotel.. so on Queen St West. Opened till the end of August. Hopefully I can go next week :flower:

i read that article as well ^
I have a friend who bought a couple of shirts from them and they actually are realllly comfy. im hoping to go sometime soon to pick a few up for myself even though they are a tad on the pricey side :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->